The Running Thread - 2019

Yesterday’s QOTD: Never done a racecation outside of Disney. I’ve done two races when we have gone to visit my in laws but that was becasue I noticed they were happening and I wanted an excuse to get out of the house.

ATTQOTD: I do not run in shorts. Only running tights. When buying shorts, I avoid those with liners.

I forgot to say another reason I like liners is that some brands build a key pocket into them. I think that's more secure or at least doesn't feel a bulky as having keys in a zipper pocket. Key storage could be a whole other QOTD though.

QOTD: Running shorts liners. Do you cut them out? And if you keep them, do you wear them with or without underwear?

I keep them in and usually don’t wear anything else. Though I’ve recently discovered lululemon running shorts, and their liners are more like boxer briefs/compression shorts than the normal mesh brief liner. I’m a big fan of them.

QOTD for 3/20/19: Another suggestion from yall as all of this weeks questions have been (Thank you!). Assuming you run with both a watch and music, if you had to do without one, which one are you leaving at home?

ATTQOTD: Since I do not with music, the answer would easily be that....

I'm posting the question tonight because I will be at home with DD tomorrow who has the flu. Hopefully she gets over it soon and no one else gets it either. DD and I leave in 9 days for a weekend trip, which will also conclude the end of of our year of Disney since our AP's expire in April. Fingers crossed!

ATTQOTD couldn't resist popping in for one that insights TMI! Liners in, nothing underneath, though I do sometimes wear compression shorts depending on the shorts (sometimes get thigh chafing).

For the watch/music QOTD, for sure no music - if no watch I don't know if I would run. If it isn't on Strava, did it actually happen?

(non) Running update - nothing serious for a month now, I was on school camp with my kiddo a couple weeks back and a morning fitness and that aggravated my Achilles. I'm close to going for a test run to see ihow it is progressing. I dusted off my bike over the weekend but coukdn't find the pump, once I get that sorted I'm going to have a go on that. Hate to think what my fitness is like now...

ATTQOTD: music. As much as I love music I could do without it while running. Sometimes I just like to listen to the rhythm of my feet hitting the ground instead.

QOTD: Running shorts liners. Do you cut them out? And if you keep them, do you wear them with or without underwear?

Never owned a pair of shirts with liners. I love compression shorts/pants however.

QOTD for 3/20/19: Another suggestion from yall as all of this weeks questions have been (Thank you!). Assuming you run with both a watch and music, if you had to do without one, which one are you leaving at home?

The only time I've ever run with music was about 9 years ago. Thus my watch would be what I cannot do without.

When I run with others, I do not need music because of the conversation. When I run alone - I really want them both. Even on trail runs, I like music in the background for the rhythm. But if I had to leave one at home, it would be the music. I am a data nut, so I need my Garmin.

ATTQOTD: I keep them in and sometimes wear the boxer briefs with them. Not sure if that is the correct term but they are like bike shorts...

Don't buy shorts with a liner. If I did, it gets cut out.

Same here. I only do Disney racecations, but I do run while on vacation. There are a few destination races on my bucket list though.

I love this quote. I actually have the workout she says this on.

I wear running shorts only as regular shorts, so I cut them out. I like running in either capris or bike-type shorts.

It makes sense, Nothing we do is perfect but if you have a goal and you put in the work, that's when change really happens.

I'm posting the question tonight because I will be at home with DD tomorrow who has the flu. Hopefully she gets over it soon and no one else gets it either. DD and I leave in 9 days for a weekend trip, which will also conclude the end of of our year of Disney since our AP's expire in April. Fingers crossed!

I listen to podcasts on training runs. But I would pick the podcasts over a watch. All my info needed for my runs is on my phone anyway.

I hope your DD feels better!

I’m not sure how to answer this question. I find both to be necessities. If I had some other interval timer, I suppose I could do without my watch.

Music I guess. I could do without music but the run would be on the shorter side as I’d likely get bored.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter