The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So with all the fall out of what was and what was not announced, just wanted to share some insider sharing....

per Martin and quite a few others at a few sites the following were still expected to be done, but just no locked timings:

Epcot -
Mary per Martin and others last they heard it was still a spinner, but maybe now there will be some extra plussing?
Brazil - was 50/50 to be announced, but still expected to go - I for one am losing faith
Imagination - per at least three sources there is a plan to redo Imagination, and it is a few years off. No details on what that means though in timing or design.

AK - still a long term plan to redo Dino land, but no green light

DHS - some swirl still on plans to redo RnRC
Black box attraction where VotLM is

WDW - rumors still flying you will see updates to Philharmagic, Orbiter, CoP and Buzz. JC is also a chance.

Net, from what I have read the plan was to be heavy EPCOT for WDW and then adds for DLR and foreign parks. So this met that target.

But Primeval Whirl not re-opening, right? I can handle that as long as they don't touch Dinosaur. (at least not until after May 2020 please!)

In an absolutely strange straight forward and non-cryptic answer, I have seen the following from Martin at WDWMagic.com

SSE update to be completed by 2022, and update to Imagination would close shortly after in 2023 and be opened again in 2025

All of this is still NOT confirmed, as they may change their minds...but we at least have some dates

Any idea when SSE will start? And what I am really asking is, will it still be open when I go in February?

Guess it depends when in 2023 and 2025, but that sounds like a pretty significant overhaul to Imagination then

Any idea when SSE will start? And what I am really asking is, will it still be open when I go in February?

Guess it depends when in 2023 and 2025, but that sounds like a pretty significant overhaul to Imagination then
I believe the latest we have is next year it will begin. When exactly is still not for sure.

I believe the latest we have is next year it will begin. When exactly is still not for sure.
Martin has said many times, he expects it to close before the year ends for about 2.5 years. So I wouldn’t count on February if it’s still in his timeframe.

Martin has said many times, he expects it to close before the year ends for about 2.5 years. So I wouldn’t count on February if it’s still in his timeframe.
So many timelines to keep track of. I was thinking this one was early 2020.

So with all the fall out of what was and what was not announced, just wanted to share some insider sharing....

per Martin and quite a few others at a few sites the following were still expected to be done, but just no locked timings:

Epcot -
Mary per Martin and others last they heard it was still a spinner, but maybe now there will be some extra plussing?
Brazil - was 50/50 to be announced, but still expected to go - I for one am losing faith
Imagination - per at least three sources there is a plan to redo Imagination, and it is a few years off. No details on what that means though in timing or design.

AK - still a long term plan to redo Dino land, but no green light

DHS - some swirl still on plans to redo RnRC
Black box attraction where VotLM is

WDW - rumors still flying you will see updates to Philharmagic, Orbiter, CoP and Buzz. JC is also a chance.

Net, from what I have read the plan was to be heavy EPCOT for WDW and then adds for DLR and foreign parks. So this met that target.

I noticed that BTMRR wasn't listed in the WDW rumor section. Any idea if that's still on? The only rumor I've seen here about that was from the "site that shall not be named".

ok, thanks, glad we went on it in August, but a bit bummed if the case. just another thing down / one less thing to FP then if closes before Rat opens

I know Martin has dropped some hints on Imagination Pavilion but with that 1/3 of the the Former Future World becoming "World Nature" I just dont see how it can resemble anything close to what it is now. Im sorry, I know there are figment fans out there but that ride is an embarrassment. I suppose they could put it on the side of the world celebration boundary but it doesn't work there either.

Any word on if there will be a brand new concept on the drawing board or they will continue to let that otherwise beauiltiful building languish.

I know Martin has dropped some hints on Imagination Pavilion but with that 1/3 of the the Former Future World becoming "World Nature" I just dont see how it can resemble anything close to what it is now. Im sorry, I know there are figment fans out there but that ride is an embarrassment. I suppose they could put it on the side of the world celebration boundary but it doesn't work there either.

Any word on if there will be a brand new concept on the drawing board or they will continue to let that otherwise beauiltiful building languish.
Imagination is in World Celebration. It’s the thing furthest to the right in the neighborhood. https://cdn1.parksmedia.wdprapps.di...t/uploads/2019/08/sdflk4560954836-768x376.jpg

The building is in the concept art.

I noticed that BTMRR wasn't listed in the WDW rumor section. Any idea if that's still on? The only rumor I've seen here about that was from the "site that shall not be named".
None of the MK updates were listed at D23, so may come later.
Last list I saw for 50th updates were:
BTMRR, Orbiter, CoP, Buzz, maybe JC, maybe speedway

I consider myself a Figment fan, but I don't disagree with your assessment of the current ride. Many of us remember the Figment of the 80s. If they could recapture that magic in a new form, I bet it would make a lot of people happy.

From the diagram of the 4 different zones, it looks like Imagination will be included in World Celebration :)

Did you say you were losing faith in Brazil? I was curious what led you to that conclusion
they keep puting it off. With no clear reason why.

I have heard :
Lost corporate sponsorship, deal is still not set, fires in Brazil now, political unrest and so on and so on and so on.

I would think if Disney wants to really gain EPCOT popularity, they eventually HAVE to add to WS with new pavilions, not just a few small rides.

But it just seems to keep dragging and delaying and so forth

they keep puting it off. With no clear reason why.

I have heard :
Lost corporate sponsorship, deal is still not set, fires in Brazil now, political unrest and so on and so on and so on.

I would think if Disney wants to really gain EPCOT popularity, they eventually HAVE to add to WS with new pavilions, not just a few small rides.

But it just seems to keep dragging and delaying and so forth

I'd consider GoG and Rat to be e-ticket additions. It has been over 15 years since they did anything but overlays on previous rides.

EPCOT has fallen in attendance. It would be an abysmal number without the various festivals. Disney has ignored it, and propped it up with festivals, to the point it has basically become the world's largest daily outdoor cocktail lounge/party. Another pavilion promoting eating and drinking is a pretty low need.

I'd consider GoG and Rat to be e-ticket additions. It has been over 15 years since they did anything but overlays on previous rides.

EPCOT has fallen in attendance. It would be an abysmal number without the various festivals. Disney has ignored it, and propped it up with festivals, to the point it has basically become the world's largest daily outdoor cocktail lounge/party. Another pavilion promoting eating and drinking is a pretty low need.
Rides in this park are not the only answer in my opinion. While I am excited they are adding to it, I happen to think they need to add evenly and add more pavilions to WS to balance out the rides so this does not become MK light

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter