The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I am really getting intrigued now.....
One poster at WDWMagic.com has an insider he calls Serpico(see old movie cop reference) - per him the last discussion he had with Serpico was:
A) Dinosaur ride rethemed and reworked to Indy ride
B) PW and TS out, and replaced by ONE E level attraction - one option is a water ride!
c) dig pit basically kept, but wiht retheme.

Now, per him, it has been over a month, and things change obviously, but we now have 3 insiders with solid contacts that state this area will get redone, and now Indy looks very much like an option. The main difference seems to be on timings....Martin feels this work will be 5 or more years out, the others seem to think it could be sooner.

PW & TS?

I love Dinosaur. But can understand some people definitely not enjoying it. Maybe they need a Green team less intense Dinosaur :yay:

I love Dinosaur. But can understand some people definitely not enjoying it. Maybe they need a Green team less intense Dinosaur :yay:

I didn't think it was too intense - I just thought it was much less interested than it's Indy counterpart which had tones of different elements and great animatronics and just a lot going on. This felt like going through the dark to a few silhouettes of dinosaurs (some of which are mediocre animatronics at best) that just sit there calmly waiting for your computer to describe them rather than attacking you

it's not terrible, but having ridden Indy first is pales in comparison

Ummm, not everyone. Having ridden it several times, I now actively avoid it. Others in my party may enjoy the ride, but I prefer to just wait for them at the exit. Not a fan of this jerky ride at all.
I will admit to it being a somewhat jerky ride. However the ride system is essentially the same as Indy at DLR. A switch over in theming won't change that.

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or if this has been mentioned here before; but, I'm hearing from my friend, DustySage on the MiceChat podcast that he thinks a new dark ride will be added to DCA with the queue in one of the California Screamin' helixes. Actually, that part is actually a rumor that I've seen before. What's new is that he speculates (and I really think he wouldn't speculate without some hint or inside knowledge) that the ride that will go there is manic manor from HKDL. Thoughts?

I don't know if this is the right thread for this or if this has been mentioned here before; but, I'm hearing from my friend, DustySage on the MiceChat podcast that he thinks a new dark ride will be added to DCA with the queue in one of the California Screamin' helixes. Actually, that part is actually a rumor that I've seen before. What's new is that he speculates (and I really think he wouldn't speculate without some hint or inside knowledge) that the ride that will go there is manic manor from HKDL. Thoughts?
There is a rumor for a new dark ride however I have not heard it being Mystic Manor. I think one thing people fail to realize sometimes is that Mystic Manor is HKDL's version of the Haunted Mansion. Disneyland already has a Haunted Mansion.

There is a rumor for a new dark ride however I have not heard it being Mystic Manor. I think one thing people fail to realize sometimes is that Mystic Manor is HKDL's version of the Haunted Mansion. Disneyland already has a Haunted Mansion.
I get that. But, the ride is much different. I've never been on it; but, I've seen YouTube videos and it's a really amazing ride...and quite different.

I do agree, though, that the name and the look of the manor itself are similar to HM. But, the ride itself is much different.

I get that. But, the ride is much different. I've never been on it; but, I've seen YouTube videos and it's a really amazing ride...and quite different.

I do agree, though, that the name and the look of the manor itself are similar to HM. But, the ride itself is much different.
With the paradise pier area becoming pixar pier, that seems like an odd choice for a dark ride in that area. That theme doesn't seem to flow.

I think one thing people fail to realize sometimes is that Mystic Manor is HKDL's version of the Haunted Mansion. Disneyland already has a Haunted Mansion.

I hear this a lot but I don't think it matters. They are very different experiences.

Tron is Shanghai's Space Mountain and we're getting that right next to our Space Mountain. I don't think people will get off it and think it's too similar to Space Mountain.

If they built Mystic Manor in any US park I think it would be very well received. Even if they built it right next to the Haunted Mansion.

I hear this a lot but I don't think it matters. They are very different experiences.

Tron is Shanghai's Space Mountain and we're getting that right next to our Space Mountain. I don't think people will get off it and think it's too similar to Space Mountain.

If they built Mystic Manor in any US park I think it would be very well received. Even if they built it right next to the Haunted Mansion.
Different experiences yes but the exterior presents itself like a haunted mansion. Building them right next to each other would seem off. Space and Tron don't look like each other so I think that works better. I also don't feel mystic manor fits the theme of that area of DCA unless they plan on redoing that area to represent that theme.

With the paradise pier area becoming pixar pier, that seems like an odd choice for a dark ride in that area. That theme doesn't seem to flow.

Pixar Pier is rumored to end at this end of California Screaming. So, it wouldn't have to be Pixar themed.

I've heard rumors that both Screamin' and the ride in its helix would be Incredibles themed
There are two helixes. The east helix is rumored (or is this confirmed?) to be an Incredibles themed ride. That one has always been empty. The west helix was where Maliboomer was. The ride has a very wide footprint.

That still don't seem to fit that theme.
I agree with that. I can see how they might make this something like a Victorian mansion found on the coast of CA. Actually, when I saw the Mystic Manor building, it instantly reminded me of the Carson mansions in Eureka, CA.

Attachments

• A90A72B5-F2DC-4987-B538-704B04924E41-1835-0000016169347A86.jpeg
    A90A72B5-F2DC-4987-B538-704B04924E41-1835-0000016169347A86.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 53567E3C-7B43-43F3-A822-A576FCFB5F96-1835-000001628F24938D.jpeg
    53567E3C-7B43-43F3-A822-A576FCFB5F96-1835-000001628F24938D.jpeg
    275 KB · Views: 9
I agree with that. I can see how they might make this something like a Victorian mansion found on the coast of CA. Actually, when I saw the Mystic Manor building, it instantly reminded me of the Carson mansions in Eureka, CA.
I suppose, I think that still sticks out as odd in that part of DCA but that could just be me.

I suppose, I think that still sticks out as odd in that part of DCA but that could just be me.
It's not just you. I'm just speculating how they could make it fit. I don't think it'd take much. Throw in the Pixar sign from Emeryville as you walk into Pixar Pier from that area and you continue to have a California theme.

Attachments

• C2B5E78E-37CC-447E-85E5-ED30988DBA70-1835-0000016346EDFCAF.jpeg
    C2B5E78E-37CC-447E-85E5-ED30988DBA70-1835-0000016346EDFCAF.jpeg
    125.2 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter