The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Universal moves quicker than Disney tho. I wouldn't mind it happening but I just don't see it opening with the land right now if they haven't started.
You hit the nail on the head there! hahaha. Universal certainly does move quicker (at the moment, maybe Disney has finally realised they can't spend 5 years building a parking garage! We live in hope!). Maybe it'll open a year or two after SWL to get those die-hard Star Wars fans back having visited the land in 2019. Sounds like something Disney would do.

Universal moves quicker than Disney tho. I wouldn't mind it happening but I just don't see it opening with the land right now if they haven't started.
Even from that survey, I assumed this would NOT open until AFTER SWL -- they just don't move that quickly.

Last edited:
Just been re-listening to the latest Disney Dish podcast. Forgot to mention something on here. They seem to be pretty confident the Star Wars Hotel is coming... They mentioned the following info;
- Likely site would be the wetlands near to the World Drive entrance to Studios
- 400 rooms to start with
- 2 expansion pads set aside (300 rooms each) if demand is there.
- Experience will be in the hotel and in Star Wars Land (i.e. meet characters in certain locations, do certain things etc.)

Haven't heard anything on this since the survey a few months back, so an interesting development IMO.

I was on the Alamo shuttle in late May (only passenger) and the shuttle driver and I were talking about all the construction going on and he told me all about the Star Wars hotel going up. I was laughing to myself about the news from the oh-so-reliable "bus driver" that are so prevalent on the boards....it would be funny if this one was actually correct :)

I am pretty sure that Spirit over at WDWmagic.com has confirmed they are looking to build a SW resort in the Epcot area I believe...... If I get time will dig deeper. But I don't believe it has been greenlit as of yet.

Okay, so slow news day, so wanted to share some tidbits that just came out, and not sure they were meant to....

First, it has been confirmed by Martin and others at WDWMagic.com that Tron coaster if it sees WDW at all , would be MK in speedway and that is slim at best. No way Tron goes to EPCOT for UoE replacement....why?

Because for second item, One of the two options for the Revamp of entrance, Spine and FW is a TRON type appearace(labeled project Tomorrow) and they feel with that, and TT that it would be too far TRONish.

There is another option for the revamp of FW, but no real news on what that is.

Apparently it won't actually be in Star Wars Land, according to what Disney Dish said, it wouldn't actually be in the park. Not sure how they'd keep the immersion though if doesn't have an entrance straight into SWL, but then again, it may well be linked in some way (maybe a Star Wars vehicle that takes you from inside the hotel and into Star Wars Land? Who knows)

I haven't seen anything recently, but think it'll happen at some point - Disney wouldn't go through all the work of creating concept art etc. if it wasn't something they are seriously considering. And tbh, even if it would open with SWL in 2019, IMO it is still possible even though they haven't started it yet - just look at how quickly Universal's Aventura Hotel has gone up (which is a lot bigger than Star Wars Hotel would be too..). I think it is a cool concept, something i've never seen done before, so would be interesting to see how it all works and if the idea works. As with everything, time will tell i'm sure!

Star Wars skinned Gondola?

If it is the area I am thinking of, that is close to where the Star Wars area is in DHS so I am sure something could be put together as far as transporting people while keeping the themeing

Although Disney does seem to move faster when there is a direct $ increase to be made if we see how quickly they have moved with construction at Caribbean Beach, etc. ... if it is a new structure they can charge $400 a nigher for I think they might be more motivated to get it up quicker

Star Wars skinned Gondola?

If it is the area I am thinking of, that is close to where the Star Wars area is in DHS so I am sure something could be put together as far as transporting people while keeping the themeing
I'm not 100% on the swamp area that Disney Dish mentioned, but I'm thinking it could be either between World Drive and South Studio Drive, or on the other side of World Drive. Where do you think it would go? I'm sure they'd come up with a way to keep the themeing, yes, and it wouldn't need to be very big as hotel would have a relatively low capacity.

I'm not 100% on the swamp area that Disney Dish mentioned, but I'm thinking it could be either between World Drive and South Studio Drive, or on the other side of World Drive. Where do you think it would go? I'm sure they'd come up with a way to keep the themeing, yes, and it wouldn't need to be very big as hotel would have a relatively low capacity.

yeah, that is what I was thinking - specifically on the side of World Drive by South Studio Drive (not sure which side) - which would put it right near Star Wars Land I believe
Studios for star wars hotel.jpg

yeah, that is what I was thinking - specifically on the side of World Drive by South Studio Drive (not sure which side) - which would put it right near Star Wars Land I believe
View attachment 247253
While that could happen they haven't shown that they're building anything there. The temporary bridge to access the parking expansion is right there.

Because for second item, One of the two options for the Revamp of entrance, Spine and FW is a TRON type appearace(labeled project Tomorrow) and they feel with that, and TT that it would be too far TRONish.
Yeah -- I would NOT like that.

Although Disney does seem to move faster when there is a direct $ increase to be made if we see how quickly they have moved with construction at Caribbean Beach, etc. ... if it is a new structure they can charge $400 a nigher for I think they might be more motivated to get it up quicker
AHA thats it thats why a ride takes as long as a land, lands give more money back directly.

AHA thats it thats why a ride takes as long as a land, lands give more money back directly.

I mean, there is something to that with the gift shops and restaurants and stuff

Look at 7DMT train - how much extra $ do they get if that opened 6 months earlier than it did?

I'm all for Brazil being added to WS provided they sell the cheese bread year round
Adding Brazil is fine... but I don't like this location. This indicates it would be built in the spot Switzerland was originally supposed to go back in the 1980s, geographically correctly placed between Italy and Germany. I've always held out hope that one decade they might dust off the old plans and finally build Matterhorn East.

Plus building Brazil here would mean the end of the garden railroad. Boo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter