The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really too much different than WDW. They had a skeleton crew and security as well. Construction is starting to ramp up a bit again. The real sign will be recalling cast there.
The article did say that they've begun recalling some cast - not frontline cast, but managers and such that are exploring procedural changes. I agree there isn't a whole lot of information, but I think Disneyland will be able to ramp up a bit quicker.

This information really seems to confirm though that both resorts needed a fair amount of lead time to re-open, unlike the 3-5 days speculated by some initially.

The article did say that they've begun recalling some cast - not frontline cast, but managers and such that are exploring procedural changes. I agree there isn't a whole lot of information, but I think Disneyland will be able to ramp up a bit quicker.

This information really seems to confirm though that both resorts needed a fair amount of lead time to re-open, unlike the 3-5 days speculated by some initially.
The lead time is needed because of recalling furlough cast members. This is one thing universal didn’t have to really deal with since most of there team members were not furloughed.

Not really too much different than WDW. They had a skeleton crew and security as well. Construction is starting to ramp up a bit again. The real sign will be recalling cast there.
I thought the info that they've started to plant flowers again was pretty interesting. That's not something they do for the construction teams.

The lead time is needed because of recalling furlough cast members. This is one thing universal didn’t have to really deal with since most of there team members were not furloughed.
That doesn't really make sense for Disneyland, though. Nearly all of their cast members are local, unlike WDW which has a lot of College Program cast. Recalling cast members is as simple as saying "hey, we're going to start working next week. Here's your schedule."

Also, the article linked stated that the lead time was required to make adjustments to queues, finish essential construction, thoroughly clean everything, re-plant flowerbeds, begin to accept food deliveries, begin cycling and maintaining attractions again, etc.

That doesn't really make sense for Disneyland, though. Nearly all of their cast members are local, unlike WDW which has a lot of College Program cast. Recalling cast members is as simple as saying "hey, we're going to start working next week. Here's your schedule."

Also, the article linked stated that the lead time was required to make adjustments to queues, finish essential construction, thoroughly clean everything, re-plant flowerbeds, begin to accept food deliveries, begin cycling and maintaining attractions again, etc.
Disney is giving CMs the option to not return if they had medical reasons or were just scared to. They need to then backfill those roles. They also need to ID what CMs are rather enjoying their new job filling Clicklist orders at Ralphs and wont be returning, and they need to fill the College Program jobs. All of that means that at least a portion of the CMs that do come back will be in new roles and need additional training. I would assume they will also need to train on new safety procedures and will want to have a refresher on safety and inspection procedures for rides and attractions given the 4 month break. So it's not instantaneous either.

Disney is giving CMs the option to not return if they had medical reasons or were just scared to. They need to then backfill those roles. They also need to ID what CMs are rather enjoying their new job filling Clicklist orders at Ralphs and wont be returning, and they need to fill the College Program jobs. All of that means that at least a portion of the CMs that do come back will be in new roles and need additional training. I would assume they will also need to train on new safety procedures and will want to have a refresher on safety and inspection procedures for rides and attractions given the 4 month break. So it's not instantaneous either.
That's a fair point. I don't think it's the only reason Disney's taking additional time, though.

Wow that’s surprising if true. There were working on it into the closure. Just a giant empty void then. I’d imagine they will revisit eventually though. Some sort of River Country site resort has been in the works for years.
Not only that but Riviera will sell out in a couple years and it’s a crapshoot as to whether Disneyland Hotel Villas will be ready to sell by then, so it could be just Aulani for sale for a while (Aulani probably won’t sell out until 2024 or 2025). Which I think they’d really, really like to avoid.

Not really surprising to me. I was working for Intrawest .."a Canadian time share with a resort in my area, Sandestin" ...during the great recession. I was watching from my office as the stock market was dropping and seeing all the rescinded contracts and NO potential leads coming thru the door.
Higher unemployment and tighter credit requirements will put a significant dent in future contracts.

Not only that but Riviera will sell out in a couple years and it’s a crapshoot as to whether Disneyland Hotel Villas will be ready to sell by then, so it could be just Aulani for sale for a while (Aulani probably won’t sell out until 2024 or 2025). Which I think they’d really, really like to avoid.
Makes me wonder if they’re anticipating Riviera not selling as quickly.

Disney has removed mentions of Reflections from its websites.
Wow! That seems pretty close to confirmation. What an eyesore that area is going to be now. Was bad enough when it was just the ruins of River Country, but now all the trees have been cleared out and foundations were laid. Even just putting grass seed down won‘t make it look nice there. Not to mention the uproar construction caused to FW.

Wow! That seems pretty close to confirmation. What an eyesore that area is going to be now. Was bad enough when it was just the ruins of River Country, but now all the trees have been cleared out and foundations were laid. Even just putting grass seed down won‘t make it look nice there. Not to mention the uproar construction caused to FW.
Yep. The Circle D Ranch got a nice upgrade though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter