The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a bit more on this....
No other insider I have seen confirms a "ride", however, a few insiders at WDWMagic.com are confirming some kind of attraction could be coming. I was worried this was actually McQueen's new show, as I had heard it was set up to be temporary and changed out at some later date, but Martin has confirmed this is a different area as far as he knew.

So good news is this is an add, the bad news is no guarantee of ride or what add is.
Update to the update - per Martin at WDWMagic.com - this seems to be going - and he now has stated it does seem to include a ride system of some kind. So looks like a new addition to DHS could be a ride!!

That being said, he hinted at where this may be going - something about not a BIG fish, but not a SMALL fish either.... - so some are guessing - Little Mermaid area? Others have hinted Seas but that is Epcot.

This is at least exciting as DHS desperately needs more

Update to the update - per Martin at WDWMagic.com - this seems to be going - and he now has stated it does seem to include a ride system of some kind. So looks like a new addition to DHS could be a ride!!

That being said, he hinted at where this may be going - something about not a BIG fish, but not a SMALL fish either.... - so some are guessing - Little Mermaid area? Others have hinted Seas but that is Epcot.

This is at least exciting as DHS desperately needs more
Launch Bay?

Folks don't lose track of the thread here. We are not talking potential water based adds. We are talking about the black box "ride" going into some water based mention that Martin made "not a big fish, but not a little fish either"

Thus the guess of Voyage of the little mermaid. Unless I am forgetting some other water based mention in DHS currently....... Oh Good Grief...NOT GERTIE!!! ;)

Folks don't lose track of the thread here. We are not talking potential water based adds. We are talking about the black box "ride" going into some water based mention that Martin made "not a big fish, but not a little fish either"

Thus the guess of Voyage of the little mermaid. Unless I am forgetting some other water based mention in DHS currently....... Oh Good Grief...NOT GERTIE!!! ;)

If the implication is that it is to go where something water or fish based is then I think it would have to be Voyage of the Little Mermaid (unless they mean an actual body of water like Echo Lake or the Fantasmic! lagoon

I think the speculation was about what IP the "Black Box" would be themed to - not where it would go

Interesting - though does sound like a bitter entertainment CM lashing out at cuts. I am sure some are accurate but also, the dinner show sounds super involved and way more than anything any rumors suggested so feels like a lot of this were things that had potential or like "blue sky" and then were cut, not things that were 100% going to happen and then cut (though I am sure some are)

Interesting - though does sound like a bitter entertainment CM lashing out at cuts. I am sure some are accurate but also, the dinner show sounds super involved and way more than anything any rumors suggested so feels like a lot of this were things that had potential or like "blue sky" and then were cut, not things that were 100% going to happen and then cut (though I am sure some are)
My biggest take away is that it seems Chapek isn't a believer in entertainment. Its been known from the beginning basically that entertainment was supposed to have a role in this land but it seems that won't happen.

My biggest take away is that it seems Chapek isn't a believer in entertainment. Its been known from the beginning basically that entertainment was supposed to have a role in this land but it seems that won't happen.

yeah, I agree - and I have felt that they were going to need specially trained CMs to really pull of the "natives" that are working the shops, etc. - and seems like he is counting on/expecting "regular" CMs to be able to pull this off

seems like he wants rather than people he wants the animatronics and using the DisneyPlay APP and just like the "land itself" to do the entertaining

yeah, I agree - and I have felt that they were going to need specially trained CMs to really pull of the "natives" that are working the shops, etc. - and seems like he is counting on/expecting "regular" CMs to be able to pull this off

seems like he wants rather than people he wants the animatronics and using the DisneyPlay APP and just like the "land itself" to do the entertaining
Yep. Disney/Chapek is relying on the technology to pull off what people could be doing. I know I will love SWGE but knowing some of the things that could've been is always disheartening.

Yep. Disney/Chapek is relying on the technology to pull off what people could be doing. I know I will love SWGE but knowing some of the things that could've been is always disheartening.

I still think there is potential for some of it to come back / be added later. We saw it with Pandora where they added the Mech walkers later. I think that table service will come eventually. I think some droids will come eventually. And I am ok with not everything being there day 1

But also think this is the one land they should not look to "go cheap" at all

I agree. I'm glad the parks are getting a lot of attention now, but I just don't like his overall vision, and I just don't get any kind of feeling that he really "gets" the parks. Not sure how to verbalize it, I just don't like him.
He comes from a consumer products background so his thing is all about selling stuff. Probably why we see so many add ons, so many different merchandise themes like colors and ears.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter