The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is WDWNT saying this because of the executives and imagineers in the park or do they have inside information that it’s no longer a festival center?
They say Disney announced that WoL is no longer the Festival Center but I haven't seen anything yet. I know Execs and Imagineering has been in Epcot the last couple days.

So Wonders of Life is no longer going to be the Festival Center as has been revealed by Disney. With the roof refurb is it safe to say this pavilion is coming back to life?
I’ve been speculating for a bit that show building will be part of the Guardians expansion

The interesting thing...wasn't there a thread a few weeks ago about redoing the roof on WoL pavilion?

So, was that some kind of start?........

Has there been any rumors of new attractions at Epcot besides Brazil pavilion/UK ride? This seems really out of left field

Festival Center would likely have to move to the Odyssey or Innoventions
Nothing as of yet. If anything things are being tightened up. Wdwmagic sources have said they are pulling back on some things.

Nothing as of yet. If anything things are being tightened up. Wdwmagic sources have said they are pulling back on some things.

Any chance they could just be remodeling the entire pavilion (Roof and the 80's interior) as a more permanent festival center/expo on the future of Epcot? I just can't wrap my head around them canceling the theatre because of potential budget concerns, and then turning around and suddenly showing interest in WoL

Any chance they could just be remodeling the entire pavilion (Roof and the 80's interior) as a more permanent festival center/expo on the future of Epcot? I just can't wrap my head around them canceling the theatre because of potential budget concerns, and then turning around and suddenly showing interest in WoL
Its possible. I don't think the theater and WoL are related. I have heard the theater money was going towards stuff in MK.

Its possible. I don't think the theater and WoL are related. I have heard the theater money was going towards stuff in MK.

Oh, I doubt they'd be directly connected. It's more the thought that Disney is looking to cut expenses and save money on future projects (Cancelling an expensive theatre and funneling some of that money to a number of other projects that would cost less long-term), while at the same time suddenly showing interest in a huge abandoned show building that would have to cost a fair amount of change to substantially fix up and redo.

Is it possible that Disney is simply using the Festival Building as a construction office and convenient meeting location for the project next door?

And for what it's worth, they used Odyssey for the Arts Festival this year and had the info, a food booth, souvenirs, and demonstration area all set up in there, as well as a small art gallery.

I am wondering if they are pulling back on a few things and looking at some new ideas. It makes me wonder what 2018 announcements UNI will be throwing out there to the masses. Depending on what gets announced this year by UNI, near or mid-term plans could need to be reassessed. I keep waiting for UNI to announce a 3rd theme park with more resorts and shopping/dining. Depending on what gets announced, it could force Disney to change some things to keep up the 'Wow' factor with new future offerings. I have always felt what a better way to keep up with UNI's new deep pockets than to keep revamping Epcot and also add a resort right next to it.

I too don't believe the two are related. I've heard from multiple sources that the theater money is going to one of three places;
1) New attraction in Adventureland (possibly Moana, Jungle Book?)
2) Being put toward a new monorail fleet (Disney have approached a number of monorail manufacturers in recent weeks - I think the monorail red door incident kicked Disney's butt into gear with that one)
3) Money will be used to subsidize some projected overspend on other upcoming experiences such as Tron.

I too don't believe the two are related. I've heard from multiple sources that the theater money is going to one of three places;
1) New attraction in Adventureland (possibly Moana, Jungle Book?)
2) Being put toward a new monorail fleet (Disney have approached a number of monorail manufacturers in recent weeks - I think the monorail red door incident kicked Disney's butt into gear with that one)
3) Money will be used to subsidize some projected overspend on other upcoming experiences such as Tron.
I don't believe it is related to the monorail either. I have heard 1 and 3 as well.

I am wondering if they are pulling back on a few things and looking at some new ideas. It makes me wonder what 2018 announcements UNI will be throwing out there to the masses. Depending on what gets announced this year by UNI, near or mid-term plans could need to be reassessed. I keep waiting for UNI to announce a 3rd theme park with more resorts and shopping/dining. Depending on what gets announced, it could force Disney to change some things to keep up the 'Wow' factor with new future offerings. I have always felt what a better way to keep up with UNI's new deep pockets than to keep revamping Epcot and also add a resort right next to it.
I have no doubt Disney has some hefty announcements to make if and when (more when I think) Universal announce a third gate. What exactly that entails, who knows, but Disney have to have something big up their sleeves to counter another Uni park. 5th Disney park would be the dream, but whether it'd be that extreme, we'll have to wait and see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter