The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Illuminations replacement will be temporary as the areas currently being used by Illuminations will be transformed into a permanent Epcot fireworks show. Here's to hoping the land clearing behind the African Outpost becomes a new country when the temporary show concludes.

I can't remember if we didn't know you could back then, or were just blindly following the crowd. We didn't go as often then, and didn't know as many tricks.

Speaking of tricks, I've always wondered if I'm missing something in there. We hear about how huge the aquarium is, and how Spaceship Earth could fit inside. But it never seems like more than a couple of small rooms to me that can be looked at in 15 minutes or less and a definite one and done. Where is the rest of it? And come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen the entrance to the restaurant or where you do any of the animal encounters.

Speaking of tricks, I've always wondered if I'm missing something in there. We hear about how huge the aquarium is, and how Spaceship Earth could fit inside. But it never seems like more than a couple of small rooms to me that can be looked at in 15 minutes or less and a definite one and done. Where is the rest of it? And come to think of it, I don't think I've ever even seen the entrance to the restaurant or where you do any of the animal encounters.

The restaurant has a different entrance. If you are facing the building, go to the right side. That's where the door to the restaurant is. As for the aquarium, when the ride first opened, the cars took you inside a tunnel through it, so you could see more around you. You can still see it in parts of the Nemo ride. Once you get into Seabase Alpha, there are two levels for fish watching, but it does make it seem smaller now. Also, a big chunk isn't visible to guests because those are the more utilitarian parts of the tank. All the things you would need for a home saltwater tank, like filtration and so forth, are needed by the Seas, just on a much more massive scale!

Rumor from BackDoorDisney on Twitter -Photopass photographers no longer at meet and greets. Rather an automated camera will take your photo. So cost savings in no more paying a CM.

Rumor from BackDoorDisney on Twitter -Photopass photographers no longer at meet and greets. Rather an automated camera will take your photo. So cost savings in no more paying a CM.
Can’t imagine that the quality of photos is going to increase or at minimum stay the same. I’m sure there will be a corresponding decrease in cost for photopass.

Would be nice if they have that at least that at all the Disneyland M&G that they removed photopass photographers from in the last year.
I am thinking this is more of a WDW thing for major meets like Mickey, Tink, etc.

Personally if true I am not a fan. Having a person can get good candid shots and special moments. This could change that drastically.

Would be nice if they have that at least that at all the Disneyland M&G that they removed photopass photographers from in the last year.
Yeah, my first thought is that it would be better than what DLR has had of late.

I am thinking this is more of a WDW thing for major meets like Mickey, Tink, etc.

Personally if true I am not a fan. Having a person can get good candid shots and special moments. This could change that drastically.
They took away photopass at our Anna and Elsa and princess fairytale hall meets and I think possibly a few others lol

They took away photopass at our Anna and Elsa and princess fairytale hall meets and I think possibly a few others lol
Disneyland is different when it comes to meets and greets as you know. I don't see them ever getting rid of photographs at WDW meets altogether.

Hallowishes and Holiday Wishes will be changed to something similar to Happily Ever After in 2019 according to MansionButler84 on wdwmagic.

Not surprised - have to advance the technology for these special "upcharge" shows to be at least as good as the regular show ... hope at least Hallowishes keeps the feel it has and the wide spread of fireworks it uses

[sarcasm] Now who is going to use my smartphone to take a picture? Bring the photogs back, please, because an automated camera cannot take a pic with my camera! The horrors of missing the photo opportunity![/sarcasm]. Only partly sarcastic, I guess, because I have great pics of me in Disneyland Paris with Jack Skellington on my phone, and it didn't cost any additional.

[sarcasm] Now who is going to use my smartphone to take a picture? Bring the photogs back, please, because an automated camera cannot take a pic with my camera! The horrors of missing the photo opportunity![/sarcasm]. Only partly sarcastic, I guess, because I have great pics of me in Disneyland Paris with Jack Skellington on my phone, and it didn't cost any additional.

honestly, if the character handlers are still willing to take pictures using my phone then that is great and then there is even less motivation for me to pay for photopass if I am going to get better pictures by not paying for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter