The Rumor Tracking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if the lack luster box office for MayPo2 has anything to do with the change.

Martin reclarified, he is NOT saying Brave is back in front, he clarified that Mary Poppins was a topic for IP to be used, but no where near locked into.

I am really starting to wonder if this will happen, as they are really dragging their feet on a decision of even the IP for it.

And in taking their time to make a decision, it seems like it will clearly be a small, off-the-shelf (unimaginative) attraction.

Wondering if the lack luster box office for MayPo2 has anything to do with the change.

I'm thinking that Disney was hoping Mary would make more but it has brought in $140m so far and well over $200m worldwide. I have read they are already in the early stages of planning a sequel. I do not think they were counting on Aquaman. Maybe they need to add Mary to the next Avengers movie. After all she does have certain powers.....

I'm thinking that Disney was hoping Mary would make more but it has brought in $140m so far and well over $200m worldwide. I have read they are already in the early stages of planning a sequel. I do not think they were counting on Aquaman. Maybe they need to add Mary to the next Avengers movie. After all she does have certain powers.....

I liked the movie a lot, but PLEASE - no sequel!

MayPo2's opening was definitely low and Aquaman blew it out of the water, but since then it has done ok and increased it's take over the Christmas holiday, etc. (last numbers I saw showed ~140m domestic, ~$260m worldwide ... on a $130m budget so not amazing, but ok) ... thinking is if it does well at the Oscars it could get an additional bump as well

MayPo2's opening was definitely low and Aquaman blew it out of the water, but since then it has done ok and increased it's take over the Christmas holiday, etc. (last numbers I saw showed ~140m domestic, ~$260m worldwide ... on a $130m budget so not amazing, but ok)
We helped that rebound by seeing the movie last week. Must say that I wasn't really impressed. Yes, it was amusing. But didn't think it was as good as the original. Can't think of a single song from the new movie whereas I often have one from the original one running through my head. Still, it sold tickets.

Change in plans for UK ride in Epcot??? - per insider Martin at WDWMagic.com - Brave MAY be back on the block as the option for UK, and that he stated Poppins wasn't talked about as a favorite - this is new news, as he had said in the past he thought Brave was off the table ....
Mary Poppins 2 is close to grossing $300 million at the box office
Brave grossed $540 million

Its unlikely that MP2 will surpass Brave with box office revenues.

However, Mary Poppins made $102 million with 3 theatrical releases- 2 in the 60's, 1 in the 80's.

So, with inflation, the Mary Poppins has brought in more money than Brave at the box office.

Does that make Brave a less valuable franchise? Im not sure.
Mary Poppins is a much older franchise, and doesn't sell as much merchandise Im assuming.

Personally, id prefer a Mary Poppins ride, because I didn't like Brave, but they seem to be pretty equal. I can see it going either way.

Mary Poppins 2 is close to grossing $300 million at the box office
Brave grossed $540 million

Its unlikely that MP2 will surpass Brave with box office revenues.

However, Mary Poppins made $102 million with 3 theatrical releases- 2 in the 60's, 1 in the 80's.

So, with inflation, the Mary Poppins has brought in more money than Brave at the box office.

Does that make Brave a less valuable franchise? Im not sure.
Mary Poppins is a much older franchise, and doesn't sell as much merchandise Im assuming.

Personally, id prefer a Mary Poppins ride, because I didn't like Brave, but they seem to be pretty equal. I can see it going either way.

I would love a Mary Poppins ride if done right - though I am sure I would constantly be comparing it to the design that Mark Davis had developed for a Mary Poppins dark ride years ago. Though I also like my idea of a ride system like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters but using carousel horses that start out in formation like on a carousel but then "jump off" the carousel and the move in a synchronized manor to classic Pippins music

I think a Brave ride could be really cool especially if a bit interactive - thinking something like Toy Story Mania but shooting arrows

I would love a Mary Poppins ride if done right - though I am sure I would constantly be comparing it to the design that Mark Davis had developed for a Mary Poppins dark ride years ago. Though I also like my idea of a ride system like Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters but using carousel horses that start out in formation like on a carousel but then "jump off" the carousel and the move in a synchronized manor to classic Pippins music

I think a Brave ride could be really cool especially if a bit interactive - thinking something like Toy Story Mania but shooting arrows

I would honestly be happy with either!

MayPo2's opening was definitely low and Aquaman blew it out of the water, but since then it has done ok and increased it's take over the Christmas holiday, etc. (last numbers I saw showed ~140m domestic, ~$260m worldwide ... on a $130m budget so not amazing, but ok) ... thinking is if it does well at the Oscars it could get an additional bump as well

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

So I was listening to Disney Dish and they were discussing how Riviera is intended to be GF South (supposedly). Does this mean more deluxe resorts near EPCOT and will that affect pricing of moderates?

To extend on that, I expect all resorts will likely go up in price, but the % increase for those served by the gondola will be higher than others.

Yeah, I think anything with good proximity/ direct transportation to Galaxy’s Edge’s Park will see a larger price increase than others (but everything will go up)

I find it hard to believe the gondola resorts are going to be that much better because of that transportation option. I dunno, they seem more cumbersome than a bus ride. But I've not given it much thought.

Yeah, I think anything with good proximity/ direct transportation to Galaxy’s Edge’s Park will see a larger price increase than others (but everything will go up)

But now it begs the question, at least for me, when do we expect to see another new-and-true value resort come online on WDW property? I think there is a market gap seeing what Uni is doing with Endless Summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!