The Rain

If you have small children, search for muddy buddys on amazon. They are waterproof coveralls for kids that are amazing. I'm from Oregon so they are a lifesaver in the winter. Also, put your cell phone in a ziplock baggie. It works through the plastic so your phone doesn't get wet at all.

Bring a towel to dry off seats of outdoor and indoor/outdoor rides like Winnie the Pooh.

We were there on a really rainy day once and there were several areas where water puddled up. Our feet were soaking wet. Luckily we brought a spare pair for the ride home. In hindsight we should've taken rain boots or water shoes.

Definitely wear a rain poncho and if you’re riding an outside attraction (including it’s a small world) make sure you pull the poncho down over your tush before you sit down! The attraction vehicles tend to have rain pooling on the seats and if you’re not careful you’ll end up with a very wet bottom. Also, outside attractions that go fast (like the Incredicoaster) turn rain into needles hitting your face. I buy inexpensive rain ponchos at Walmart and I know others have bought them at places like the dollar store. The parade will be cancelled if it’s raining but the fireworks will go on unless it’s also windy at high altitude. I suggest you wear water proof shoes and throw an extra pair of socks in your bag for everyone, squishing around in wet socks is miserable, especially if it’s cold, too. Consider bringing a hat with a brim, it will keep the rain off your face. Put your poncho on over your bag/backpack so it doesn’t get soaked.

Tomorrow is our last park day as well. We have done many rainy days over the years and the best advice is have an umbrella. Ponchos are great but you just get soaked standing in line outdoors. After standing in line for tower of terror a couple of years ago we immediately bought Disney umbrellas which made a huge difference. My wife and I brought them for this trip although one is on its last legs. Hopefully you brought some or can go to Target because you pay a premium in the park.

It rained and rained and rained on our trip January of 2017--so much that it was kind of miserable and I live in Astoria, OR! I love it when it's a little rainy. But if it is really coming down and water starts standing--be prepared that the park could close down early.

We were there in February of 2017 during a major down pour. We thought we were prepared, not. Rain shoe covers do not last all day, rain boots are required. We had rain jackets but they were not long enough and the bottom of our shirts got wet. The rain pant covers did work fairly well.

There were not a lot of people but the rain was REALLY coming down.

Also they started closing off entire "lands". We were entering frontier land in the down pour in the afternoon and the area was flooded and they had closed down the area. At that point we headed back to our hotel to get "dry".

We were there in February of 2017 during a major down pour. We thought we were prepared, not. Rain shoe covers do not last all day, rain boots are required. We had rain jackets but they were not long enough and the bottom of our shirts got wet. The rain pant covers did work fairly well.

There were not a lot of people but the rain was REALLY coming down.

Also they started closing off entire "lands". We were entering frontier land in the down pour in the afternoon and the area was flooded and they had closed down the area. At that point we headed back to our hotel to get "dry".
If that was the last Monday in February we were there too! I’ll never forget it but we actually had a blast. It was my son’s first visit to DL!

NO ONE in DCA

My wife and son have been in there since early entry. Rode Guardians multiple times first off. Had their OWN car on Racers...stayed on, rode a few times. Walked right up to Incredicoaster, first row. Mania, no wait. First to ride Monsters Inc for the day (after they'd done Guardians and Racers)

NO ONE in DCA

My wife and son have been in there since early entry. Rode Guardians multiple times first off. Had their OWN car on Racers...stayed on, rode a few times. Walked right up to Incredicoaster, first row. Mania, no wait. First to ride Monsters Inc for the day (after they'd done Guardians and Racers)
How bad is the rain? I’m a day late and a dollar short. Lol

Moved SE of the parks a while ago. Just some light drizzle. Wife sent a pic about 30 min of a completely EMPTY queue for Matterhorn, two hours after open.

DL app shows 5-10 for all but Space and Racers. SOOO wish I could have gotten off of work to head out there, too. *sigh*

Rain at DLR is awesome because it keeps the locals away. Don some rain boots and a poncho and enjoy the low crowds. Some of the outdoor rides may close if it starts to rain too hard, but the inside ones will be open.
This used to be true, but sadly it is quickly becoming the opposite, mainly because it will still be very quiet at lunch time and someone will say so online and then the crowds show up in droves. So just a warning, a rainy day can now be busier than a non rainy day.

The other thing I've learned about having to walk my dog in the rain is to wear a baseball hat under the poncho or rain jacket. It keeps the water from dripping down your face.

I'm crying here...

Peak time...nearly 1:30 and total walk-up on Pirates. ZERO wait.

Been an awesome morning so far! List of rides in 4 hours, it is DEAD here!

Guardians x 2
Monsters Inc x 2
Radiator Springs Racers x 2
Incredicoaster
Toy story midway mania
Pixar pal around
Matterhorn x 3
Small world
Haunted mansion holiday
Buzz lightyear
Big thunder
Astrorbiter
And lunch!!​

That was up to 11:30 from 7am early entry

*sigh*

Yup. Today is one of those unicorn days where everything is empty and glorious.

Those days are LONG gone here at WDW. Just ain't gonna happen again. Had a few days like that when I first moved here in 2009 when the recession had really cut into attendance but there's not much of a slow time anymore here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!