The Race to the Golden Gate Bridge/Monterey/and Yosemite

KCmike

Never have fallen asleep on any
We are flying in on a Saturday morning and immediately driving up the coast to Monterey. We are planning on spending the night there....Which hotel? We got an offer for Monterey Bay Inn for $169.

We then are driving the next day to the Golden Gate Bridge and riding cable cars. Can we do this and enjoy ourselves and only take half the day?

Then that evening we are driving to Yosemite. We are spending a day and a half there and then driving back down to Disneyland for five days.

So should I drive the PCH from LAX to Monterey (I want to see the gorgeous cliffs and great views) or should I take a faster highway up and then cut over to Monterey?

What else do I need to know?

Where is the best place to spend the night in Monterey or just north of it for a family of five on a Saturday night?

I don't have a great place to stay in monterey, but I would suggest alternating between PCH and 101. PCH is beautiful, but it's a long way from LA to SF.

You can certainly drive the highlights of SF in one day (you can skip fisherman's wharf and some of the other tourist traps) but you won't see much else. Monterey to SF ~2 hours, SF to Yosemite ~4 hours, so if you get up early and don't mind driving the central valley after dark, you can see a fair amount, but it will be a long day.

Are the fires right now not allowing people to drive Hwy 1 north from LAX?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter