The Quest for a Loaf of Bread - A 4th of July TR- COMPLETED 8/4/18

Ok, I obviously didn't get this update done last weekend :scared: but it's been a crazy week! I've had some big changes with my jobs and I'm really wishing I was going on vacation again, but I might start planning a trip for next Fall (2019). Until then, here's more of our vacation excitement.

Day 4 - July 3rd

Our 3rd of July plan is to get to Magic Kingdom and not leave until after the fireworks since we are expecting the crowds and lines to be very long. We got an early start and snacked in our room for breakfast before heading to the park for our Space Mountain FP just after 9.

Space Mountain was the number one ride that terrified me as a child at Magic Kingdom, I made it all the way through the queue before realizing I’d have to sit alone and freaking out. I made my whole family leave and they never let me live it down. Of course, now it’s one of my favorite rides! We got to go through the new rear exit and had to wait for the train to get back into Tomorrowland.
MK_SPACEMOUNTAINA_20180703_412285835280.jpg

We hopped on the PeopleMover next and enjoyed relaxing a bit. It’s another boiling hot day! I love getting pictures as you ride around, although it’s better at night.

Our next FP on our day of “mountains” was for Splash Mountain. DC1 said it wouldn’t be as bad now that I knew what to expect. We got rows 1 and 2 again and got drenched, again. Did I like it more this time? Not really. She was right that it wasn’t quite as bad but I’m really not a fan. The 2 drops really bother me plus I think the storyline is weird and the animatronics are a bit creepy. I have not seen Song of the South but this certainly didn’t make me want to. Would I ride it again? Yes, if the rest of my group really wanted to, but if it was just me I would not miss it at all.
MK_SPLASH_20180703_412286770873.jpg

We were starving by now and needed to find some lunch. We stopped by Be Our Guest just on the off chance that they had an opening but no luck so we headed over to Cosmic Ray’s. I hadn’t been here before but it’s a nice quick service place and there was plenty of seating. I got the Mrs. Incredible’s Super Stretchy Burger without the ranch sauce (yuck) and it was really good! DC1 had the same thing and DC2 had...mac and cheese :)
20180703_122935.jpg

DC2 loves Monsters, Inc. so we tried to hit the Laugh Floor next but the wait was long so we went shopping at the Emporium for a while. The clouds started to move in while we were shopping so we headed over to our last mountain FP at Big Thunder. We got on quickly and were able to ride before they shut it down.

We thought a train ride around MK would be nice so we headed into the Frontierland depot. Just as we got in, the storm broke loose and they shut it down. We grabbed a bench in the depot and decided to wait it out. There were not a lot of people waiting in there but there was a family speaking French that allowed their children to run screaming around the whole depot, including climbing on and under the benches we were sitting on. And not just for a few minutes, but for the entire 2 hours we were stuck in there. Children are not my favorite to start with but children allowed to run wild and be rude to other people really irritates me. When one child tried to climb between my legs under the bench, I said “Hey” and glared at her. I must have scared her because she kept her distance! My parents would have been appalled if I acted like that as a child.
20180703_144640.jpg
As the rain continued, we started to wonder if we were going to have to walk out in it to get to our dinner reservation at Skipper Canteen. I’d also forgotten to charge my external battery pack for my phone and it was almost dead. I knew it would never last through the fireworks so I wanted to find a Fuel Rod kiosk. Finally the train started up and we took the loop around MK.
20180703_161626.jpg 20180703_161633.jpg 20180703_162906.jpg

We had to go directly to Skipper Canteen after that to make our reservation. DC1 and I had eaten here on our last trip and we had a super punny server and some excellent food. We were seated in the main room this time and our server was very nice but not punny at all :( DC1 ordered the steak again and DC2 went for mac and cheese. I had gotten the steak last time and it was amazing but I decided to branch out and try the pork chops since they were highly recommended. I was disappointed. The pork was fine but the sauce was very sweet and sticky and the side of bok choy was flavorless and sad. At least my wine was good. It was a disappointing experience overall.

We headed over to the Sunglass Hut afterwards because DC1 wanted to check out the new Mickey Ray Ban’s. She bought a pair and I was able to get an eyeglass cleaning kit to clear my smeary, speckled, water spotted glasses from the past few days! I can see!

We walked back to Frontierland so I could look for the Fuel Rod kiosk and a helpful CM said it was inside Pecos Bill’s by the toppings bar. There was no one using it but the screen just said “Thanks” and refused to do anything. I tried tapping, swiping, and waiting but nothing would happen so I went to find help. Right after someone came over, the screen reset and worked great. Good grief. At least I got a Fuel Rod kit and got my phone charging. Holy cow do those things get hot!!!

Continued in next post...

We headed in to Mickey’s Philharmagic to chill for a bit. I also wasn’t feeling the greatest after my dinner. I really should have gotten the steak! I did manage to snag us a FP for Winnie the Pooh after the show and we wanted to ride the Carousel too. I had to take a bio break after the movie ended and told the DC’s I’d meet them by the teacups. We all walked to the Carousel together but it was down so we headed to Winnie the Pooh...which was down. We waited nearby briefly but it was 7:30 already and we wanted to get a good spot for the fireworks so we left. It’s a good thing we did because we staked out an awesome spot in front of the castle! We spent an hour and fifteen minutes enjoying the dance party and getting our glow stick bracelets and necklaces on before the show. We were also awarded a multiple experiences FP from Winnie the Pooh.
20180703_195711.jpg
How awesome is this spot?!

The fireworks were amazing! I took a ton of video and only got a few pictures. I highly recommend it as a 4th of July destination. The only fault I could find was that the show was pretty short, about 15 minutes. The crowd was also massive! I don’t know if actually numbers were taken but you could barely turn around in the crowd. Still totally worth it.

20180703_211248.jpg 20180703_211616.jpg 20180703_211821.jpg

We worked our way through the crowd after the show and went back towards Tomorrowland. DC2 and I wanted to try and get some water but Joffery’s didn’t have free ice water so we went for smore’s lattes instead. Haha practically the same thing!

We used our multiple experiences FP to ride Space Mountain again and we made DC2 ride in front this time. Listening to her scream was almost as much fun as the ride itself! DC2 was hoping to get a Monsters, Inc. customized phone case so we headed over to the tech shop nearby. I wanted to trade in my dead Fuel Rod too, so I went to the kiosk while they were waiting. The Fuel Rod guy was restocking the machine and an older lady on an ECV was chatting with him. He seemed like he was trying to get away so after waiting for a few minutes I asked if I could trade in my Fuel Rod while he was loading. The lady took the hint and said goodnight to both of us. The sad part was I didn't get to try out the swap feature on the kiosk since he just handed me a new one :D Even though they are a little expensive they are really convenient!

We went over to the Laugh Floor and really enjoyed the show! They picked a really good “that guy” and a super cute kid for the conversation part. We had hoped the crowds would thin while we were there but it was still insane when we came out. The park was open late but we decided to call in a night and headed back around 11:45 pm.

It was a 3rd of July to remember!

Up next: Will the 4th of July fireworks live up to the 3rd’s? Will our dinner end in tragedy?

Attachments

• 20180703_211248.jpg
    20180703_211248.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 0

I really enjoy Splash, the theming is a little odd!

Glad the fireworks were a hit and you had a good spot

Yay to a 2nd Space Mtn. FP!

I really enjoy Splash, the theming is a little odd!

Glad the fireworks were a hit and you had a good spot

Yay to a 2nd Space Mtn. FP!

I was interested to see what Splash was like since it seems to be a fan favorite but it's really not for me lol. I could ride Space all day if it wasn't so jerky!

Day 5 - July 4th

We made it to the big event- Independence Day! We wanted to spend the day at Epcot and see the special Illuminations/fireworks show since we did MK yesterday. It was also our only full day at Epcot so I was hoping to do a lot! Epcot is my favorite park and I’d hate to miss out.
20180704_090334.jpg
We arrived shortly after 9am and the park was super empty!
20180704_090848.jpg
We were early for our Soarin’ FP so we decided to try Test Track as single riders.
20180704_091049.jpg
My pre-built ride

We got right up into the loading area before the ride went down. Ugh. We didn’t have to wait too long and DC1 was sent to a back car while DC2 and I got sent to the same car farther forward. Yay, we’ll all finish at the same time!...except the car we should have had had been stuck outside so the CM let those people ride again. Totally fine with us except DC1 was super confused when she exited and we weren’t there yet. I really love TT so I’m glad we chose to ride even without a FP.

We headed over for our Soarin’ FP next and got the middle row right in the middle. This is one of DC2’s favorites and we were lucky to get good seats!
20180704_094837.jpg
We went downstairs to Living with the Land next and had a very short wait. I think the greenhouses are very interesting and so pretty.

20180704_103345.jpg

Spaceship Earth with a FP was next because you can’t go to Epcot without riding at least once! DC2 and I rode together and picked a crazy future (but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was). We headed over to the Seas to ride Nemo. I couldn’t wait to do this again because I made a fool of myself last trip. When you get towards the end and they put the projections on the aquarium, I didn’t realize it was the actual aquarium and told DC1 I was so impressed by how realistic the ride was. Oh well lol. We enjoyed the ride and headed up to see the manatees. Manatees are my favorite animals in the entire world and are the reason I originally went into the animal care field as a profession. After a while, I said we could go since I know my cousins were not interested in watching manatees all day.
20180704_113231.jpg

Our last FP was for Mission:Space and we did the green side. This ride really set off DC2’s motion sickness and I personally think it’s boring. I’ve done it twice now and could care less if I do it again. The screens are so tiny and I find it hard to even get a sensation that something is happening. I also don’t really enjoy how closed in it is.
20180704_115606.jpg
Having survived our orbit, we headed over to Sunshine Seasons to grab some lunch. DC2 was having trouble deciding and they were both wandering back and forth looking at the options, so I grabbed some Mongolian Beef with white rice and found an empty table. I think DC1 had a chicken dinner and DC2 had mac and cheese. I think the food here is really good and I love the variety (and air conditioning)
20180704_124111.jpg

We headed over to the World Showcase just as the rain was moving in, so on went the ponchos. We escaped into Mexico for a while and decided to ride Gran Fiesta Tour, where they made us take the ponchos off. There’s nothing worse that putting on and taking off a wet poncho!
20180704_152116.jpg

The rain was letting up as we walked toward Norway and we got in line for Frozen Ever After. The wait time said 45 minutes and it was pretty close to that. DC1 decided that was too long to wait for this ride, but at least the queue is cool and indoors. As we were walking out of the ride, DC1 couldn’t find her phone in her pocket. Uh oh. We started digging through bags and looking around, but no phone and no ringing when we tried to call it. We went back in the exit and flagged down a CM to tell them what happened. We were in the front row but that’s all we knew. They started checking all the boats as the emptied and about 10 minutes later a guest got off the boat with the phone and handed it to the CMs and said it had been ringing through their whole ride. Ooops. Guess we were still calling it. Sorry to those people who were on that boat! But thank goodness we found it!

With a new “no phones in pockets” rule in place, we went out to see more of the World Showcase. It was already late afternoon and DC1 and DC2 were tired so we didn’t get very far. :( I’m sad that we didn’t get to do more this day but I’ll add it to my list of reasons why I need to go back soon! We did stop at the American Pavilion to do our patriotic duty and watch the American Adventure. The theater was very pretty and I'm sure the show was good but I absolutely could not stay awake! Late nights, early mornings, comfy seats, and air conditioning was too much for me.
20180704_154830.jpg

When we got to Italy we stopped because we had a dinner reservation at Via Napoli!
20180704_165730.jpg
When we picked our ADR’s, each of us picked a couple places we wanted to go. This was on my list and on DC2’s list so we figured it would be a slam dunk. It took about 20 minutes of standing in line to get to the podium to check in and about another 15 minutes to be seated. DC2 was freezing inside the restaurant and it didn’t help her mood. I really liked our server and he gave me an excellent wine recommendation. DC1 and DC2 had coke and we all shared some bread. DC2 ordered the margherita pizza without basil (so, cheese pizza), DC1 had a pepperoni pizza, and I branched out and went with the Prosciutto e Melone - white pizza with fontina, mozzarella, prosciutto, cantaloupe, and arugula. I asked if it was an amazing pizza or something on the menu to trick tourists and he assured me that it was amazing if you don’t mind cold toppings on a hot pizza. My verdict- this was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever eaten! I would eat this frequently, if not daily.
20180704_181907.jpg
DC1 and DC2 liked their pizzas but said Splitsville was far better. To each their own, I guess. I got the tiramisu for dessert while they each had a Coppa di Brutti Ma Buoni without the cherries. Our server also made them try to pronounce it before he’d serve it.:rotfl2: My tiramisu was incredible as expected.
20180704_185416.jpg
DC2 stuck her spoon in her sundae glass and it shattered all over the table! Luckily, she wasn’t hurt and we had a slew of CM’s and managers over apologizing, cleaning up, and replacing her dessert. She was fine and things happen so we weren’t too worried but I’m sure accidents like that are their worst nightmare.

Once we finished, we decided we’d better stake out a spot for Illuminations. We started walking towards the UK looking for a spot and a restroom and we found a place to sit on the lower level area right on the lagoon between France and the UK. There were some people already there but plenty of space. We took turns walking over to the restrooms and then just relaxed...until we saw the sky behind us.
20180704_201013.jpg
20180704_201420.jpg
20180704_201959.jpg
Please don’t storm, please don’t storm. For about an hour we watched this roll in and kept getting storm alerts on our phones, but nothing happened. We poncho’d up and hoped for the best as it passed over. It was about half way across Epcot when the skies opened up and we had very heavy winds. We stood in our spot, in our ponchos and hats, in the crazy storm hoping that the show would go on afterwards. Eventually it did stop and we were drenched, but we now had spots right at the railing on the lagoon! I was chatting with the gentleman next to me, who was local and said this is the best spot to watch the show in the whole park, even better than when he’s paid for dessert parties and such. That lifted my spirits a bit but DC1 and DC2 abandoned me to move further back because they didn’t like the gnats by the water. A very annoying mother and daughter took their spots at the railing and literally complained for an hour because the show was delayed, everything was wet, they were bored, they’d been waiting almost an hour (hey, I’d been there for much longer and stood there in the rain), they could be back at their villa in their pajamas drinking hot chocolate, and on and on and on. They never quit complaining even when the show started and I could have strangled them. I mean, leave if you don’t want to be there. It’s not like anyone is forcing you!

The show finally started about 45 minutes late. I had booked surprise FP’s for Tower of Terror after the show to try and cheer up DC2 but I knew we weren’t going to make it now and cancelled them. Illuminations was the same as always and it’s nice but not my favorite nighttime show. The fireworks afterwards were spectacular and the grand finale unbelievable! These far surpassed the show at Magic Kingdom from the day before. It made the waiting, the rain, the bugs, and my annoying neighbors all worthwhile, even though I still watched them standing there alone.
Unfortunately, all my pictures came out very blurry and I haven't figured out how to share video yet. If I get it working, I'll add some video clips!

We headed towards the front of the park after meeting back up and got to see the projections on Spaceship Earth on our way out. Having a destination 4th of July has always been a bucket list item for me and this was definitely a great way to do it!

We headed back to POFQ to dry off and get some sleep.

Up Next: Will we get to try all the new rides in Toy Story Land?

Loving your report. Have you been to the manatee rehab area at Sea World? Fascinating.

Loving your report. Have you been to the manatee rehab area at Sea World? Fascinating.

I love the manatee rehab area at SeaWorld! It was actually our family trip to Orlando as a child where I saw manatees for the first time and fell in love

Day 6 - July 5th

The plan for today was Hollywood Studios and then finishing Hollywood Studios tomorrow morning before our afternoon flight home. We had a Slinky Dog FP for today and Alien Swirling Saucers tomorrow so we figured we had the new stuff covered! However, our Magical Express packet was waiting on our door and our pickup time tomorrow was much earlier than expected and we weren’t sure that we’d even make it to a park tomorrow :(
20180705_101759.jpg
We grabbed the bus to HS and headed to our first fastpass at Rock n’ Roller Coaster. I was a bit nervous to ride this one, I’d ridden it last spring and found it very intense. My family also enjoyed picking on me for having my eyes closed in the ride photo so I was determined to keep them open this time! Last night, DC2 had also told me that she was riding rides with DC1 from now on so I should plan to ride alone - but not to take it personally. Um, ok, how should I take that then? I got the back row with a single rider who was very nice and I actually really enjoyed this ride! (and kept my eyes open). I had the front row last spring and I think being able to see the car in front of me helped a lot.
20180705_114319.jpg
I was very excited to see the construction on Galaxy's Edge too!

Next up was Tower of Terror! I was terrified of this on our last trip because I hate the stomach drop feeling but I quickly realized I really didn’t get it on this ride and it became a favorite. I still held on to the handles this trip but enjoyed it even more than the last time.

It was roasty toasty outside once again so we headed in to the Voyage of the Little Mermaid. We had commented this morning that it would be nice to have a day without water rides so maybe we could stay dry, but when the water mist started for the show it saturated the entire audience. Ugh. There were a ton of crying, soggy children after that.

We decided to try PizzeRizzo for lunch so there would be something other than mac and cheese for DC2 to eat. She went with the cheese pizza and DC1 and I each had a pepperoni pizza. I thought the side of pasta salad was horrible and the pizza was fine but nothing special. My cousins loved the pizza and said we should have it again tomorrow if we had time to make it back to the park. They rated it just below Splitsville and above Via Napoli. We have very different tastes in pizza lol!
20180705_115407.jpg

After lunch we decided to head over for our first look at Toy Story Land! We knew there was Extra Magic Hours at HS tomorrow morning but we still weren’t sure if we’d make it so we wanted to see what we could fit in today. TSL was crowded but not unmanageable and we got to see the marching Army Men right away (so cool!). Alien Swirling Saucers had a 45 minute wait so we got in line. There was almost no shade in line and the giant fans only helped a bit. We each had a personal fan and cooling towels but it was still very hot. The wait time was pretty accurate and I rode in my own saucer. It was a cute ride but pretty tame and very short.
20180705_121915.jpg
20180705_121951.jpg 20180705_122033.jpg 20180705_122240.jpg 20180705_122320.jpg
Sorry about the picture overload but there is so much to see in Toy Story Land!

Plenty overheated, we went in to the Incredibles 2 preview that was showing and enjoyed some air conditioning. I enjoyed the original Incredibles and will have to check out the new one sometime.

Toy Story Mania didn’t have too bad of a wait so we got in line there - yay for an indoor queue! I love all the toys and games in the line and I thought Mr. Potato Head was fantastic. I rode alone and got the lowest score of the 3 of us. I never seem be be able to score very high but it’s still a very fun ride.
20180705_133804.jpg 20180705_133812.jpg 20180705_134416.jpg

Our Slinky Dog fast pass was up next. DC2 and I waited outside the queue while DC1 ran to the restroom. We saw the Army Men march up into the line and tease some of the other guests. We headed through the FP line very quickly and got the back 2 rows on Slinky. I was seated with an older gentleman who didn’t speak English but I think he enjoyed the ride more than the kids in front of us. It was a fun coaster with great views and I would definitely make plans to ride it again. I’d love to ride in at night sometime too!

STUDIO_SLINKYDOGRIDE_20180705_412323303979.jpg

We walked over by the Dinosaur restaurant and grabbed some benches while we decided what to do next. There were a ton of ducks around and a mama brought out her ducklings - so cute! They went right under my bench. DC2 doesn’t like birds but said the ducks were much less scary. Some kids came over and started chasing the mama and babies and the parents said nothing. Mama duck got startled and flew right at us, hitting DC2 with her wing! She really is a bird magnet. Finally someone yelled at the kids to cut it out and all the ducklings were reunited.

We were tired and hot at this point so I grabbed us fast passes for the Indiana Jones show and we went in to relax a bit. We were right under a fan and it felt fantastic. The show barely started when a storm moved in and they cancelled the rest of it. Boo. I really like that show.

My cousins wanted to sit and relax again so we headed into the covered seating at the Backlot Express. They really weren’t interested in doing anything so I told them I was heading out on my own to go to Star Tours. DC2 will not ride it and it’s not DC1’s favorite but Star Wars is my thing and I’m not missing it! I stopped at the restroom on the way and had about a 20 minute wait in line. I had scenes from the older movies but I didn’t get to be the spy. I also stopped and went through the gift shop at the end. Hey, I might as well enjoy my time on my own! I was getting very crabby by the end of this trip.
20180705_155517.jpg 20180705_160025.jpg

I went back to meet them and we headed back to Tower of Terror, where I’d grabbed more FP’s after Indiana Jones. I’m enjoying this ride more and more each time I ride it! It was also still a bit stormy outside which added to the ambiance.

20180705_164435.jpg

We got some snacks and went shopping for a while. I wanted a sweatshirt for on the airplane (which was freezing on our flight down) and I got coffee cups for myself and my mom, who was watching my pets. I grabbed a really cute Mickey americana hoodie off an XL hangar but found out later it was mismarked and it was a 2xl! Oh well, it’s definitely an oversized shirt now.

DC1 talked us into going to the Frozen Sing a Long next. I hadn’t seen Frozen yet but DC2 and I agreed to go if we didn’t have to sing. This show was hilarious! I’d see it multiple times in a trip for sure. We got heavily snowed on too.

20180705_183112.jpg

I played the FP refresh game while waiting for the Frozen show to start and grabbed us passes for Toy Story Mania for right afterwards. I rode alone again and improved on my score but still came in last.

Our dinner reservation for tonight wasn’t until 9:15, so we headed back to Tower of Terror with another set of FP’s. The evening storms were moving in and it was a very impressive ride!
20180705_200518.jpg

It was raining and dreary as we left so we went over near Sci Fi Diner and sat at the umbrella tables outside by the taphouse to wait for our reservation time. Sci Fi Diner was DC2’s special request and the late ADR was all we could get. We got seated about 10 minutes after checking in and we had a very funny CM. DC2 got a milkshake and DC1 went with the Oreo and liquer shake, while I had Magical Star Cocktail. I was crabby by this point and really wanted a drink, but this was not a great cocktail and seemed to barely have any alcohol in it. Guess you can’t win them all. I ordered the BBQ burger, which I’d had before and really enjoyed. DC1 ordered the same without the onions and jalapenos- which I told our server he could add to mine :) DC2 got the pasta without meat. When he brought out our meals, one of my crispy onions had fallen in her pasta, so she had to use a light to check every bite for other “contamination” She also only ate about a quarter of her food. Our server had added a side serving of crispy onions and jalapenos to my dish too! We each ordered the smore’s brownie for dessert which was very rich but very tasty. DC2 left most of hers because the mini marshmallows were too dry.
20180705_214014.jpg
It was time to head back to our room so we could try to make EMH tomorrow morning! We also had to get everything packed up. I’d over done it on onions and peppers and spent the night with a sad stomach too, but it was totally worth it.

Day 7 - July 6th

We all got up early and got ready to head back to Hollywood Studios right away. We left our luggage in the room because the Magical Express was picking us up at 10:15, well before our checkout time. We wanted to ride some rides and then DC1 and DC2 wanted to go back to PizzeRizzo before leaving. I agreed because it wasn’t worth fighting about and the pizza wasn’t bad, just not great.

We used our Fastpasses for Rock n’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror right away and had great rides on both. DC2 wanted to do Muppet Vision next because she and her mom are big Muppets fans. I think I might have dozed off during the show, I hadn’t had much sleep and it’s not my favorite show.

We walked over to PizzeRizzo afterwards but it didn’t open until after our Magical Express time, so I had disappointed travel mates. I said we could try one of the pastry places at HS but was vetoed. Instead, we grabbed the bus back to Port Orleans and got the entire bus to ourselves since the park was just opening.

We grabbed some food at the resort. I had a Mickey waffle with syrup since the fruit topping was blueberries and I can’t stand blueberries, and a huge pile of bacon. DC1 and DC2 got chocolate chip pancakes and said they were tasty too.
20180706_093303.jpg
We headed back to the room for our luggage to get it checked and waited for the Magical Express.
20180706_110203.jpg
We had a nice ride to the airport and a long wait at security. I had to switch seats with DC1 so that my cousins could both sit together and I sat next to a gentleman that complained to the flight attendants about everything. We had first class seats again but the food did not sound appealing to me. There was 2 young children in front of me and their grandma across the aisle, and the kids were loud and poorly behaved. Grandma had put in ear buds as soon as she was seated and basically ignored the kids until we landed.

It was certainly good to be home!

Conclusion:

It was a wonderful trip back to WDW but not as smooth as my first adventure. I was sad to miss the Star Wars fireworks and Fantasmic, which are some of my favorites. I’d also like to spend more time walking the trails at Animal Kingdom someday but it was just too hot this trip. I’d also love to spend time in Pandora and Toy Story Land after dark and spend more time exploring the aquarium in The Seas. The special 4th of July shows were amazing and I’m so glad I got to see them. Via Napoli might be my new favorite table service restaurant since my Skipper Canteen experience didn’t live up to the first time. Hopefully there will be another trip in my future but no plans as of yet. I'd love to do a Disney/Universal/SeaWorld trip but I might need to win the lottery first!

Thank you for following along with my first (and hopefully not last) trip report!

I enjoyed your report!

In the future, if you're looking for grocery items like bread, try the resorts with DVC villas. They'll be your best bets, as you found at the Beach Club.

As for Mission Space, if you think the green side is boring, try the orange side before totally giving up on it. The orange side is practically a different ride! I rode both sides in February and I couldn't believe how different they were.

I was amused you called the POFQ beds from your February trip lumpy, because that's exactly the experience I had with them in February!

Thank you for sharing! Enjoyed reading about your adventures. It sounds like your cousins got on your nerves a little!

I think between being tired and being so hot, we all started to drive each other crazy! But it was a wonderful trip and I'll never pass up a Disney vacation :)

I enjoyed your report!

In the future, if you're looking for grocery items like bread, try the resorts with DVC villas. They'll be your best bets, as you found at the Beach Club.

As for Mission Space, if you think the green side is boring, try the orange side before totally giving up on it. The orange side is practically a different ride! I rode both sides in February and I couldn't believe how different they were.

I was amused you called the POFQ beds from your February trip lumpy, because that's exactly the experience I had with them in February!

I never thought I'd need groceries at WDW but now I know! Although, ordering grocery delivery would have been easier but it was fun to go check out the other resorts too.

I thought about Mission Space orange but I have a hard time with spinning rides. I might consider it for a future trip (another reason to go back!)

The beds at POFQ are sooooo much better now. In Feb, my bed was so lumpy and DC1's bed creaked and groaned, plus it ran downhill and she kept rolling off. They were definitely due for an upgrade!

Just place holding. I'll be back to read when I can. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter