The Perfect Day - 12/16/11 Wishes Wedding TR

GlassDreamer

Earning My Ears
Hi, ladies (and gentlemen)!

I've been a lurker on these boards for the last year or so as I planned my own Disney Fairy Tale Wedding, but I never found the time to make a planning journal or write a proper trip report. HOWEVER, I did blog about my wedding for friends and family (and random strangers who stumble upon my site) for those who couldn't make it, so I thought I would share that link here in case anyone is interested in reading about one of the best weekends of my life! :)

A little background: DH and I have been to Disney World many, many times during our lives (and I've been to Disneyland once), but we never really intended to have a Disney wedding. Then last March after we got engaged we started looking at destination wedding venues and, more importantly, someone to coordinate the thing for me. My brother, who is the biggest Disney fanatic I know and is now a cast member there, suggested we get married at Disney, we started investigating, and things just fell into place. Now we think getting married at Disney was one of the best decisions we've ever made and can't imagine having gotten married anywhere else!

We were married December 16, 2011 with a 10:00 a.m. ceremony at the Wedding Pavilion, cocktail hour and reception at Narcoossee's from 11-2, and dessert party at UK Lochside at 8:30. There are pictures in the blog post, but sadly no professional ones yet.

For those who are interested, here are the vendors we used and my ratings of them:

Ron Rosenzweig - officiant: A
Jason Angelini - outside photographer: A+ (I'm estimating based on his previous pics and just working with him since I haven't actually seen any pics yet.)
Patricia LeJeune - hair and makeup for wedding: A+++
Janet Melnick - hair and makeup for Epcot shoot: A-
Carolyn Allen's - wedding dress steaming: A
Men's Wearhouse - tuxes: A+

We used Disney for floral and catering, and we had the amazing Michelle Wenzler-Dorr for our coordinator, Heather Sparby for our florist, and Stephanie (???) from Disney photography for our Epcot shoot.

If you guys have any questions or want to know the reasons by my rankings, I'd be happy to answer. Until then, I hope you enjoy the blog and the pics!

Note: This blog is about both my move to PA and the wedding, so if you don't want to hear me whine about living in the most overcast place ever for several paragraphs, skip down to the first pic to start the wedding stuff. Since DisBoards won't let me give you the direct link to my blog here because I've never posted before :mad:, hopefully you can cut and paste this one:

lacymarschalk.blogspot.com/2012/01/final-2011-recap-movewedding-whirlwind.html

For anyone who is interested in seeing Epcot bridal portraits, ours are online now.

Just go to www[dot]collages[dot]net[slash]disneyphotography, and fill in the following information:

Username: Marschalk / Brecciaroli Bridal Portrait
Password: 1971

Out photographer was Stephanie and she was so much fun to work with and she did such a great job!

Wow! Your photos are gorgeous! I love your dress. The pictures in Canada are really inspiring. I have to put some of those on my must list. :goodvibes

Haven't even started the actual report yet... just wanted to say WAR EAGLE! (Now, back to reading)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter