"The One Where the Snacks Attack"
Day 6: Tuesday December 18, 2018

Our Plans:
Slinky Dog Dash 1:35-2:35pm
Tower of Terror (for Dad) 4:00-5:00pm
Beauty & the Beast (for me and Mom) 3:30-3:50pm
Frozen Sing Along 5:15-5:30pm
Fantasmic!

When my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, my hair was still wet from my shower at 1:00. :rotfl2:We all got up and got ready to go, and it was a few minutes before 8:00 when we left the room. We didn’t wait very long before a bus came, but as it was going around to the other stops at CSR, Mom realized that she had left her magic band in the room! :scared1:So, we got off at the main building and hurried back to the room to get it. Thankfully, a DHS bus got to the bus stop right after we walked back out there. This time though, we had to wait at the main building for like 10 minutes because there were several busses in front of ours.

It was around 8:40 when we finally made it to DHS! When we got inside the gates, they were already letting people into TSL. We headed back that direction and walked straight to TSM while everyone else went to Slinky Dog. I tried to look around as we walked, but I knew we’d be coming back later in the day.

We only waited 10 minutes or so before we were getting on the ride!

enhance

This time, Dad won!

We got off and got right back in line. Since we didn’t have a FP for TSM, we figured that this would be our only chance to ride it again. The standby was posted at 35 minutes, but I don’t think we actually waited that long.

enhance

Dad won again!

enhance

When we were walking out of the queue, one of the ponytail holders in my hair snapped (I still cannot figure out how this happened). I think I had an extra one on my wrist that I used to secure the one braid, but I was really self-conscious about the fact that they didn’t match. I tried to ignore it, so Mom and I walked over to VotLM and went straight inside while Dad went to get in the single rider line for RnRC.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After VotLM, we met back up with Dad. He said that he hadn’t ridden RnRC because the single rider line was like 90 minutes, and he didn’t want to ride it that badly.

At this point, we walked through a few stores to see if I could find a pack of hair ties, but I didn’t have any luck. I finally stopped at asked a friendly CM if she had I rubber band that I could use to tie my hair back. Her name was Ada, and she was the best! She went out of her way to track down rubber bands and just gave me a handful to take in case it happened again!

enhance

I made sure to tweet a cast compliment for her, too!

After I quickly secured my braids, we headed over to Olaf’s M&G. The app said it was posted 10 minutes, but it actually was posted 30, so I decided not to wait. Instead, we headed over to Muppet Vision 3D.

enhance

Last edited:
The One Where the Snacks Attack
Day 6, Part 2: Tuesday December 18, 2018

After the show, we were all starting to get hungry, so we headed over to the Backlot Express for some lunch.
Mom got the caprese sandwich
enhance

and a frosted gingerbread martini.
enhance

Dad got the California chicken club
enhance

and the Galactic Lemonade.
enhance

I got chicken nuggets
enhance

and a blue raspberry slushy (I swear I’m not five years old:rotfl2:).
enhance

While we were waiting for the food, some Storm Troopers came by on patrol!

enhance

Everything was really good! The slushy I got was not the Fanta-based one that I had gotten in other parks, and it definitely seemed sweeter to me. I didn’t finish it all, so I took it with me as we walked over to the Chinese Theater to watch the Star Wars stage show. :chewy:

This is when things started to get interesting. All of the sudden, I started feeling really sick. It took me a little while to figure out what had happened, but here’s the short version: I’m hypoglycemic (which means that my body processes sugar really quickly). When I drank that slush, it made my blood sugar spike, but then it crashed because I processed the sugar so fast. Basically, it just made me feel so sick that I ended up sitting on the ground to watch the Star Wars show. I just tried really hard to focus it instead of how bad I felt.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Honestly, I thought the whole thing was kind of...strange. It was cool to see all the different characters come together, but it kind of bothered me that Rey didn’t do or say anything. :confused3Anyways, when the show was over and I tried to stand up, I still felt really awful. I ended up finding a bench to sit down somewhere because I couldn’t handle standing.

The whole thing just really bugged me. I knew we were getting close to the end of our trip, and I hated sitting around and doing nothing. I kept saying “I don’t like wasting time.” My parents were great and understanding as always, but it annoyed me. Especially because it was coming up on our FP window for Slinky Dog.

I kept sipping on some water and eventually started to feel a little better. I was hoping that my adrenaline from SDD would make me feel better, so we walked into TSL to use our FPs. It was a little after 2:00, and we basically walked straight on. I felt kind of bad because people in the standby line had been waiting for more than two hours, but I was so thankful that we had gotten FPs.:banana:

enhance

enhance

This ride was SO much fun! I was surprised by how high it felt from the ride versus what it looks like on the ground. We all loved it!

We stopped for some PP pictures on the way out of TSL.

enhance

enhance

Our next stop was One Man’s Dream. This is one of mine and Mom’s favorite things in DHS! (But I apparently didn't take any pictures while we were in there:confused3).

We stopped for some PP pictures in Animation Courtyard on our way to Hollywood Blvd.

enhance

enhance

enhance

The March of the First Order was starting, so we stopped to watch!

Then, we stopped for some pictures on Hollywood Blvd. The photographer was actually taking pictures in the opposite direction, which was kind of cool!

enhance

enhance

Ugh the Kiss Goodnight gets me every time. I hope they never change that because its just so perfect!

Sorry you felt so sick in DHS! I get low blood sugar so I think I understand how sick you felt. It is NOT fun. I actually crawled through most of the RNR queue because it was so hot and my blood sugar was so low I just couldnt stand. Thankfully my Mom found sugared nuts in her bag and the adrenaline from RNR cured me. I'm glad you were able to feel a bit better!

Hi friends! If you haven't noticed the sudden increase in posts here lately, I am done with finals! However, I am only home for a short time before I leave to study abroad, and my goal is to definitely have this TR finished before I leave. Now, let's get on with the show!

Day 6, Part 3: Tuesday December 18, 2018

It was time for our next set of FPs! Dad headed off to ToT...

enhance

...while Mom and I went to watch Beauty and the Beast. I absolutely adore this show!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We met back up with Dad, and then we were off to use our FPs for the Frozen Sing Along!

enhance

They had a special Christmas edition that included OLAF! I love that cuddly snowman.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After the show, we made our way to Sunset Blvd. Mom stopped to get a Christmas on the Beach drink,
enhance

and Dad got some sort of lemonade wild cherry bourbon drink. They took their drinks with us, and it was around 6:30 when we got in line for Fantasmic.

Ugh the Kiss Goodnight gets me every time. I hope they never change that because its just so perfect!

Sorry you felt so sick in DHS! I get low blood sugar so I think I understand how sick you felt. It is NOT fun. I actually crawled through most of the RNR queue because it was so hot and my blood sugar was so low I just couldnt stand. Thankfully my Mom found sugared nuts in her bag and the adrenaline from RNR cured me. I'm glad you were able to feel a bit better!

It makes me tear up just thinking about it!

I think the spike and the crash were just so big that it took me a little longer than normal to recover from it. Thankfully it wasn't hot, and the adrenaline rush seemed to help!

Sounds like a fun time at DHS! Except for getting so sick, that really stinks :( I always hate when stuff like that happens on a trip and you feel like you're wasting time. But I'm glad you felt well enough to ride SDD! Love all the PP pics too!

Yay for being done with finals! Do not miss those days at all lol I'm sorry to hear you got a little sick at DHS. At least it wore off later on and you were able to enjoy SDD and the like. Love all the confusion at the Frozen Sing-A-Long, what a moment.

Sounds like a fun time at DHS! Except for getting so sick, that really stinks :( I always hate when stuff like that happens on a trip and you feel like you're wasting time. But I'm glad you felt well enough to ride SDD! Love all the PP pics too!

There was absolutely no way I was missing out on SDD! I'm really glad that the adrenaline actually did help instead of making it worse lol

Yay for being done with finals! Do not miss those days at all lol I'm sorry to hear you got a little sick at DHS. At least it wore off later on and you were able to enjoy SDD and the like. Love all the confusion at the Frozen Sing-A-Long, what a moment.

Yeah finals were...interesting this semester. Now just impatiently waiting for final grades to be posted! The Frozen Sing Along has become one of my favorite things to do at DHS, and I laughed so hard at those videos when I found them on my phone! :D

Day 6, Part 4: Tuesday December 18, 2018

We sat towards the top of the Sebastian section, which is further right than we’ve ever sat before, but we could see really well! Once we had our seats, Dad and I walked up to the snack cart that’s inside the amphitheater. We got popcorn and water for everyone, and I got a Mickey ice cream sandwich. After we brought the food back to Mom, I ran back up to the merchandise cart to buy a sweatshirt I had seen on our way to the snack cart. I LOVE Fantasmic, so when I saw this sweatshirt, I couldn’t pass it up!

enhance

The CM who rang it up was super sweet, and she actually thought I was a CM! She said that the sweatshirts were a limited edition, and that CMs are usually the only ones who know they exist. I was super excited to be able to snag one! :cool1:

I headed back to my seat and started eating my snacks. It was probably about 15-20 minutes later when my mouth started to feel funny. I asked Mom if my lips were swollen, and they were…I was having an allergic reaction.:scared1:

My immediate thought was the popcorn, so I gave the rest of it to Dad and quickly took some Benadryl. Then Mom remembered that her drink (which I had thrown away when I got up to buy my sweatshirt) had coconut rum in it, and it had spilled all over the side of the cup when the CM handed it to her (and therefore could be all over my hands). At this point, I was so freaked out that I couldn’t tell what was an actual reaction and what was in my head. Mom kept asking if I wanted to leave, but there was no way I was missing Fantasmic. I eventually felt the Benadryl kick in, and I started to calm down and felt better.

I was still hungry though, so Mom and I looked for snacks in our bags. Mom found a plastic wrapper that was full of crumbs and said “It used to be a cookie.” :rotfl2:It was one of the cookies we’d had left over from MVMCP, but it had gotten crushed in her bag. I found a package of pretzels in my bag and ate those, and soon, it was time for Fantasmic to start!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

The show was amazing as always, and it really helped to take my mind off the fact that the Benadryl was making me want to go to sleep. :faint: Once it was over, we made our way to the front of the park and out to the bus stop. Thankfully, we only had to wait like five minutes or so for a bus. We had managed to beat most of the crowd out to the bus stop, so we even got a seat on the bus.

We got back to the room, and then Mom and Dad walked down to the food court to get food to bring back. I asked for cheese pizza and then stayed behind in the room.

This is when my notes are based on what Mom and Dad told me. Apparently, they were gone for a long time because of an issue with our DDP at the food court (that eventually resulted in us being given a bunch of extra credits), and when they got back, I was asleep. They woke me up so I could eat, but after I ate some of my pizza, I told them to put the rest of it in the fridge, and I would eat the rest of it for breakfast. (Of course, I was very confused when they told me this the next morning because I don’t like cold pizza. :confused3 )

Oh no I'm sorry about the allergic reaction! I am glad you were able to stay and watch Fantasmic. And I love the sweatshirt you bought!

"I Probably Should Have Left the Biscuits in the Other Can"
Day 7: Wednesday December 19, 2018

Our Plans:
Kilimanjaro Safari 12:45-1:45pm
Flight of Passage 2:15-3:15pm
Rivers of Light 5:35-6:00pm

This morning, we slept in a little bit and got up around 8:30. When Mom tried to get out of bed, she realized just how swollen her feet were. She looked at me and said “I have sausage toes to go with my biscuit feet!”

:rotfl::rotfl:

Backstory: On my high school graduation trip back in 2017, my aunt dealt with some pretty serious swelling in her feet, and my mom told her that her feet looked like a busted can of biscuits. That TR is linked in my signature if you have any interest in reading all about THAT.:rotfl2:

So I, of course, can’t stop laughing. Then, as we were getting ready, she kept moaning about “Me and my breakfast feet.”

At one point she even said, “I can barely stand for my feet to be in my skin”…whatever that means. :laughing:

As I was getting ready, I noticed that my lip still looked a little puffy from the night before, and I started to wonder if I had gotten stung or something (but I still am really not sure). :confused3

It was around 10:30 when we got on a bus for AK! When we got there, we tried to go straight to Dinosaur, but the standby wait was posted at an hour, so we decided to come back later.

We did stop for some pictures in Dinoland.

enhance

enhance

enhance

And then again on the bridge by Everest.

enhance

enhance

Since it was about 11:30, we decided to go get in line for the 12:00 Finding Nemo the Musical. Mom and I both love this show, and Dad said he didn’t really remember it, so we were excited to show it to him. :fish:

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

After the show was over, we were all starting to get hungry. Mom and Dad decided they wanted the buffalo chicken chips they had seen at Trilobites, so that was our first stop.

enhance

Dad also got a Smokey Bones Chocolate Shake that had candied bacon and such in it.

enhance

The chips ended up being Mom’s favorite snack from the trip, and the shake was Dad’s!

We sat a picnic table while they ate, and a family from Texas ended up sitting beside us, so we chatted with them for a while.

Then, we wandered down to 8 Spoons so that I could get macaroni and cheese with pulled pork (that I forgot to take a picture of--oops!). Dad waited in line with me while Mom walked ahead to the restroom. I got my food, and then we walked over to meet her. We waited outside the bathroom for several minutes and never saw her. I finally called her, and we then realized that we had been standing on opposite sides of the same bush! :laughing:
I finished my mac & cheese, and then it was time for our Safari FPs!

This morning, we slept in a little bit and got up around 8:30. When Mom tried to get out of bed, she realized just how swollen her feet were. She looked at me and said “I have sausage toes to go with my biscuit feet!”
I can relate. The same thing happened to my wife after a few days hiking around the parks.

I'm glad your allergic reaction didn't ruin your Fantasmic viewing! And that sweater is so cute!

That's too funny that you and your Mom were standing on opposite sides of the bush haha

Aw your poor mom and her feet!!

Sounds like a nice start to your day at AK!

Yeah I felt pretty bad for her! But she's a trooper and pushed through!

I can relate. The same thing happened to my wife after a few days hiking around the parks.

I always deal with a little bit of swelling, but not to the extent that hers were. We thought it was weird too because it hadn't been hot, either.

I'm glad your allergic reaction didn't ruin your Fantasmic viewing! And that sweater is so cute!

That's too funny that you and your Mom were standing on opposite sides of the bush haha

There was no way I was letting it ruin Fantasmic--it just makes for a very interesting story!:laughing:

"I Probably Should Have Left the Biscuits in the Other Can"
Day 7, Part 2: Wednesday December 19, 2018

We scanned our bands and were off on a safari!

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

We actually got stuck for a while on the safari because of some ostriches that decided to park themselves in the middle of the road!

enhance

They eventually had to send another truck to come scare them into moving.

enhance

Because of our unusually long safari, when we were done, it was time for our Flight of Passage FPs! :banana: This was a first for everyone because the last time we were in AK was the week after Pandora opened, when we couldn’t get FPs and weren’t going to wait in line for 4+ hours.
So, we set off for Pandora!
enhance

We probably waited about 20-25 minutes even with the FP, but most of that was in the little preshow thing. I have to admit, I was starting to freak out a little bit in that tiny room after a while. It was hot, and the kids that were in there with us were super obnoxious.

When we finally were loaded onto the ride, I was a little nervous. I had read a lot of posts from people who said it made them sick, so I was a little worried about that.

It was SO COOL!

100.webp

We all really loved it. All three of us said we felt slightly disoriented when we got off, but it didn’t last very long at all. :thumbsup2

Afterward, we stopped to get a colossal pretzel with beer cheese—which is NOT an exaggeration. That pretzel was absolutely massive--and I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it! All three of us shared one, and there was no way I could have eaten any more of it.
We took our pretzel with us while we went to get in line for the 4:00 FotLK. :simba:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter