*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Other fun ways to count >>>>
No more hair appointments
Free D & D coffees expire AFTER trip
First bill arrived with a due date after departure
One more class (I teach 1/mos)

I usually wait til the last minute to pack. LOL

That's what my family does using the lists I provide. Just nudged DH to start thinking about it. His work schedule does not leave eough time to work on it during the week. We are half committed next weekend and at the beach for Labor Day weekend.

I stay excited from the 30 day mark on but I do stress about everything. I just went upstairs and looked at my pile with all my "Disney clothes", our ponchos, magic bands, reservations etc. I'll do it again before I go to bed.

This is so me right now!!
I have all of these little things to do and everyday I stress about doing them...and then a day goes by and I just *don't* do the things I have to do! Today is our 25 day mark, and I feel like I'm going to be scrambling to get everything done now, and I'm kicking myself because I don't know why I didn't do this stuff between days 120 and 60 when I had nothing else to do!

This is so me right now!!
I have all of these little things to do and everyday I stress about doing them...and then a day goes by and I just *don't* do the things I have to do! Today is our 25 day mark, and I feel like I'm going to be scrambling to get everything done now, and I'm kicking myself because I don't know why I didn't do this stuff between days 120 and 60 when I had nothing else to do!
Break it into pieces. Put the pieces on a list. Put on a song you like and do one thing on the list.
Start with brain storm list!
Locate travel umbrella
"Pack" socks and shoes

Is there any chance that late September park hours will be extended? Or not at this point? Just trying to finalize our plans :-)

Was pleasantly surprised to log into MDE this morning and see we have 15 days to go! Luckily I've been distracted by work so time is moving pretty fast.

I have 12 work days, all of my packing, sending in the room request, making the airport parking reservation, and a Broadway show to keep me busy these next 2 weeks. Also still waiting for the F&W booth menu prices.

Looking forward to reading posts from all of you leaving before me. :-)

Speaking of the F&W menu prices, when are those usually released? I have my spreadsheet of what I want to try and just need to plug in prices. Yeah, I'm not overplanning at all for this trip... :rotfl2:

Speaking of the F&W menu prices, when are those usually released? I have my spreadsheet of what I want to try and just need to plug in prices. Yeah, I'm not overplanning at all for this trip... :rotfl2:

I'm not banking on any earlier than the first day of F&W but I hope they come out earlier. I believe the blogs are usually the ones that release/post the prices so whenever they get access to them.

19 days to go here! :jumping1:

I wouldn't expect prices until Food and Wine actually starts (August 30) and signs go up on the booths-- no reason for Disney to do otherwise.

19 days to go here! :jumping1:

I wouldn't expect prices until Food and Wine actually starts (August 30) and signs go up on the booths-- no reason for Disney to do otherwise.

Okay, thanks for the info! I leave on the 1st so will still have time to figure out a budget for F&W based on what I want to try. I was thinking about getting one of those wrist gift cards just for F&W.

Okay, thanks for the info! I leave on the 1st so will still have time to figure out a budget for F&W based on what I want to try. I was thinking about getting one of those wrist gift cards just for F&W.

I did the wristband gift card last year instead of just charging everything to my magicband and prefer it now. I have a better idea of what I am spending since you pre-load an amount and get the balance at the bottom of every receipt. It also saves you a trip to the front desk every night to check my balance. Plus its also a nice (inexpensive) souvenir from your trip.

I did the wristband gift card last year instead of just charging everything to my magicband and prefer it now. I have a better idea of what I am spending since you pre-load an amount and get the balance at the bottom of every receipt. It also saves you a trip to the front desk every night to check my balance. Plus its also a nice (inexpensive) souvenir from your trip.

Thanks for the feedback - I thought it would be a great way to stay on budget since I can load the amount I want to stick to prior to entering the festival. And I also thought it would make a nice souvenir like you pointed out! :thumbsup2

Someone told me you can check the balance from charging on you MB in the app. So we're planning to do that this year. I've never heard of the wristband gift card though, is that something relatively new?

Someone told me you can check the balance from charging on you MB in the app. So we're planning to do that this year. I've never heard of the wristband gift card though, is that something relatively new?

I believe you can check your MB charges in the app but it's something recent. It wasn't an option the year I was charging everything to my band, or even on my trip last year if I recall correctly. The wristband GC has been available at least since I started attending F&W in 2015, not sure about before then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter