*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

Hello! I am officially joining the September crew :yay:. DH and I played the same "we aren't going to Disney this year" game, especially since we just went on another vacation in April. However, staying at Coronado (our go to spot) was so much cheaper than normal and flights were cheaper too so we were able to book it and have one of the cheapest trips we have had in years. Hooray!!!:banana:

We are going 9/15 to 9/21 at CSR. Just the 2 of us. Having difficulty getting ADRs but hoping people cancel as we get closer.

Can't wait to countdown with you all...90 days to go:jumping1:

Hello! I am officially joining the September crew :yay:. DH and I played the same "we aren't going to Disney this year" game, especially since we just went on another vacation in April. However, staying at Coronado (our go to spot) was so much cheaper than normal and flights were cheaper too so we were able to book it and have one of the cheapest trips we have had in years. Hooray!!!:banana:

We are going 9/15 to 9/21 at CSR. Just the 2 of us. Having difficulty getting ADRs but hoping people cancel as we get closer.

A lot of folks recommend the Touring plans reservation finder. I haven't used it myself but some have success that way

I feel like I've missed so much over the last few days! DH and I were off this week while his brother and family were visiting. Now they're back home and I can get back to my Disney planning! 89 days for me! :thumbsup2

A lot of folks recommend the Touring plans reservation finder. I haven't used it myself but some have success that way
Thanks! I've used it before and had luck so I did set up a few "must haves." I'm trying to stay positive and think that even if I can't get any reservations, that just means we have so much flexibility in what parks we go to each day!

I feel like today it’s a great day to post in this thread for the first time! I’ve been posting on the itinerary thread and some other thread around the boards but let me introduce myself!

I’m Lucy, 30 something years old and I’m from the big land down south called Brazil. I usually travel with my mom (75yo) but this will be my first solo Disney travel in so many years. It’s exciting because I’ll finally be a able to do some stuff I haven’t done before due to my mom’s old age and not speaking English.

So here’s the scope on my trip:

When: September 26th - October 4th
Where: Pop Century standard room, requesting building 9 or 7
Main goals for this trip: MNSSHP (10th time but first time alone), Keys to The Kingdom Tour, 4 Parks One Day Challenge, Food and Wine, Disneybounding till I drop!

40 days till Fastpass! We’re almost there!
3ECE9166-8980-4566-AC95-5DD30C38CEC7.jpeg

I feel like today it’s a great day to post in this thread for the first time! I’ve been posting on the itinerary thread and some other thread around the boards but let me introduce myself!

I’m Lucy, 30 something years old and I’m from the big land down south called Brazil. I usually travel with my mom (75yo) but this will be my first solo Disney travel in so many years. It’s exciting because I’ll finally be a able to do some stuff I haven’t done before due to my mom’s old age and not speaking English.

So here’s the scope on my trip:

When: September 26th - October 4th
Where: Pop Century standard room, requesting building 9 or 7
Main goals for this trip: MNSSHP (10th time but first time alone), Keys to The Kingdom Tour, 4 Parks One Day Challenge, Food and Wine, Disneybounding till I drop!

40 days till Fastpass! We’re almost there!
View attachment 330515
Which day are you doing KTTK? I am scheduled for Friday the 28th

Which day are you doing KTTK? I am scheduled for Friday the 28th
October 3rd! I thought about September 28th at first but I have ‘Ohana Breakfast booked at 10:40am (that way I can take advantage of EMH then go to breakfast) so I went with my next full day at the park.

We have been saying, no Disney NEXT year for 15 years:rotfl:We were just there 11 days in April and used up all of our DVC points on a 2 bedroomAKL/Poly theme park view split. We were sure it was definitely going to be next September since now we have no points. BUT......my sister booked free dining in September taking my niece and nephew for the first time, and toy story is opening this month. So I just had to see just how cheap free dining at a value would be:confused3Turns out very cheap since I can upgrade my required tickets to APs and use them for our next September trip too. So off to pop century we go........Don’t sweat the ADRS, I just booked in May, and already got BOG for both of our MK days. Use touring plans dining finder.

And once again, plans totally changed. Go figure :rolleyes:
But today I did book all of our Club Level FP+ and they let me book the regular one also! So ....
Breakfast every day will be in the Atrium Club Lounge.

Th 9/6 Arrival day HS - CL FP Day
1:00 Lunch at Chef Mickeys to start the vacation!
3:00 SDD PFP+
4:00 Alien PFP+
5:00 TSMM PFP+
6:00 RNR FP+
7:00 ToT FP+
8:00 Star Tours FP+
2 MEFP+ we haven't decided what to use on yet.
8:30 Dinner Si-Fi

Fr 9/7 MK - CL FP Day
9:00 Buzz FP+
9:30 astro SB
10:00 Space Mtn FP+
10:30 Speedway MEFP+
11:00 7DMT FP+
11:30 Dumbo / Goofy
12:00 Peter Pan PFP+
1:00 BTM PFP+
1:30 Splash MEFP+
2:00 Pirates PFP+
3:00 - 6:00 ?
8:30 - Disney Springs, Dinner Paddlefish

Sa 9/8 AK - CL FP Day
9:00 Dinosaur MEFP+
10:00 Primeval FP+
10:00 Triceratops SB
11:00 Everest FP+
Lunch
1:00 Rapids FP+
2:00 Rafiki's / petting zoo
3:00 Safari PFP+
3:30 BUG MEFP+
4:00 FOP PFP+
5:00 Navi PFP+
6:00 Tiffins Dinner
8:30 ROL

Su 9/9 EP - Regular FP Day
9:00 SSE
9:30 Mission Space MEFP+ x2
10:00 Test Track FP+
11:00 FEA FP+
walk around world showcase
QS lunch
3:00 Figment
3:30 Soarin FP+
4:00 The Land
4:30 Nemo and Friends
5:00 turtle talk
7:00 Dinner Coral Reef

Mo 9/10 HS - CL PF Day
9:00 Toy Story Mania PFP+
10:00 SDD PFP+
11:00 Alien SS PFP+
12:00 Star Tours FP+
12:30 ???? MEFP+
1:20 Hollywood & Vine Lunch
1:45 RnR MEFP+
2:30 RnR FP+
3:30 TOT FP+
4:00 BATB
Head to resort
6:15 Hoop Dee Doo

Tu 9/11 MK - CL FP Day

10:00 Goofy SB
10:15 Dumbo SB
10:30 7DMT FP+
11:45 CRT Lunch
12:30 Pooh FP+
1:00 Lil Mermaid
1:30 Belle SB
1:30 Haunted Mansion FP+
2:30 Splash Mtn PFP+
3:30 Thunder Mtn PFP+
4:00 Jungle MEFP+
4:30 Pirates PFP+
5:00 Space MEFP+
6:00 MNSSHP

We 9/12 AK - CL FP Day
10:00 Dinosaur FP+
10:30 Primevil Whirl FP+
10:00 Triceratops Spin SB
11:00 Nemo MEFP+
12:00 Everest FP+
1:00 River Rapids MEFP+
2:00 Bug SB
3:00 Safari PFP+
4:00 Tusker House
6:00 FOP PFP+
7:00 Navi PFP+
Hop to MK for EMH and Happily Ever After Reserved Viewing

Th 9/13 EP - Regular FP Day
9-11:00 SE /the seas / nemo SB
11:00 Soarin FP+
11:30 The Land SB
QS Lunch
2:00 TT FP+
2:30 MS ATFP+ x2
3:00 3 Cabaleros SB
4:00 Frozen FP+
shop showcase
5:30 American Adventure
6:20 Dinner - Teppan Edo
Frozen Dessert ???

Fr 9/14 MK - CL FP Day
7:30 Rope Drop! BTM, Splash
9:00 Jungle FP+
10:00 Pirates PFP+
11:00 Lunch Plaza
11:30 Buzz FP+
12:30 Space FP+
12:30 Speedway MEFP+
1:30 7DMT FP+
2:00 Poo MEFP+
2:30 Peter pan PFP+
3:00 Dumbo , Goofy , Ariel SB
4:00 shopping??
5:00 Head to resort
5:30 Drop kids at Pixar Play Place
7:00 Dinner California Grill

Sa 9/15 HS - CL FP Day

9:00 RNR FP+
9:30 TOT MEFP+
10:00 Beast ?
10:30 Star Tours FP+
11:45 Indiana Jones FP+
2:00 50's Prime Time Lunch
3:00 Launch Bay / Disney Jr. area
4:00 Mermaid MEFP+
5:00 TSMM PFP+
6:00 Alien PFP+
7:00 SDD PFP+
8:30 Fantasmic

Sept 16 Departure Day - Breakfast at The Wave, Long 7 hour drive home.

And ...... I will probably modify again lol. It's so weird that any ADR I needed is still available! I sure hope it's a sign of low crowds!!!

Last edited:
I was planning for September with the expectation it is "slow" - I know there is no such thing anymore, but am surprised by how little room availability there is - I was playing with dates and a lot of stuff is booked up already. Not as much as when I went in April but still surprising for September. Never been this time of year so I have no idea what to expect.

I was planning for September with the expectation it is "slow" - I know there is no such thing anymore, but am surprised by how little room availability there is - I was playing with dates and a lot of stuff is booked up already. Not as much as when I went in April but still surprising for September. Never been this time of year so I have no idea what to expect.

With them starting MNSSHP and Food and Wine earlier and earlier and with free dining it’s become more popular over the last several years.

So bummed...someone reported in the MNSSHP thread today that they removed parade viewing from the Hallowishes Fireworks dessert party. :sad:
It was the ONE thing I was going to surprise DH with because he loved it so much last time. I don't get how Disney can't figure this stuff out before they sell these events to people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter