*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

I haven't been there myself, but I have heard great things about Yachtsman and they have a NY Strip on the menu. Might be worth a try?

My husband and I did it on our adult only trip last Sept and we really liked it. We did dessert parties for both SW and HEA and I think the SW one was perfect for an adult trip. The food was pretty good (with several savory options) and we each had a few alcoholic beverages. I should say that I don't think we would have had trouble finding a spot to watch the SW fireworks even without the party.

I'll look at the Yachtsman menu! And that's good to know about the SW party. My husband said he's game to go, and the savory options sound interesting. Thanks!

Tomorrow is my ADR day! :banana: Super excited.

Here are my hopeful places and times:

SAT 09/01: Arrival/Disney Springs
The Edison 5:30p
SUN 09/02: AK
Tusker House ROL 8:00a
MON 09/03: Epcot
Garden Grill 8:00a
TUES 09/04: MK
EMM (Hopefully)
Ohana 4:30p
WED 09/05: DHS
Bon Voyage 7:30a
Sci Fi 5:00p
THURS 09/06: Rest day/MNSSHP (hopefully)
Going to DLuxe at DS for lunch
FRI 09/07: DHS
H&V Fantasmic 5:00p
SAT 09/08: MK/Departure
Be Our Guest 8:00a
Flight leaves at 6:20p :(

And ADRs are done! Got everything I wanted at the times I wanted :) Fantasmic packages don't seem to have been released yet so I'll be keeping watch for that. EMM is booked, as well, on 9/4! Thankfully it went all smoothly and no problems.

Last edited:
Checking in on the Sept thread :-D We're doing a split stay between BW and AKL. Planning to do Food & Wine and the Halloween Party! It will be our first for both! Trying to decide what we want to do for ADRs...

Tomorrow is my ADR day! :banana: Super excited.

Here are my hopeful places and times:

SAT 09/01: Arrival/Disney Springs
The Edison 5:30p
SUN 09/02: AK
Tusker House ROL 8:00a
MON 09/03: Epcot
Garden Grill 8:00a
TUES 09/04: MK
EMM (Hopefully)
Ohana 4:30p
WED 09/05: DHS
Bon Voyage 7:30a
Sci Fi 5:00p
THURS 09/06: Rest day/MNSSHP (hopefully)
Going to DLuxe at DS for lunch
FRI 09/07: DHS
H&V Fantasmic 5:00p
SAT 09/08: MK/Departure
Be Our Guest 8:00a
Flight leaves at 6:20p :(

We are soooo hoping for that 9-6 party too!! Hopefully see you there!!!!

Still tons of times left for BOG lunch. I guess we will finally try it! Not sure about the menu, but if we don't have to fight for an ADR we might as well go for it.

Ok here's how my ADRs went even though I suffered through MANY technical difficulties!

9/2--SciFi 1:30pm)
9/4--EMM (!!!!!!!!)
9/5--GG PPO (8:05am)
9/6--The Wave (9:30am) and BOG (1:45pm)--HOPING for MNSSHP this day, too!
9/7--Yak and Yeti (6:00pm)

The app completely stopped working on me, but the CMs on the phones were wonderful.

Hope to see some of you around :D

I have 3 weeks today until I book ADRs and I wish they would release the hours already, especially since they don't seem to post the TA hours here anymore. We are only booking 5 TS restaurants but want to make sure I'm booking them based on what day I'm going on. I'm currently using Kenny the Pirates hours so hopefully they aren't to far off.

I'm booking the following:

Ohana - dinner
CP - breakfast
50's Primetime - dinner
Raglan Rd - dinner
1900 Park Fare - breakfast

I have 3 weeks today until I book ADRs and I wish they would release the hours already, especially since they don't seem to post the TA hours here anymore. We are only booking 5 TS restaurants but want to make sure I'm booking them based on what day I'm going on. I'm currently using Kenny the Pirates hours so hopefully they aren't to far off.

I was thinking the same this morning! It’s hard to book ADRs this far out and not know the hours, extra magic hours, etc.

I'm booking the following:

Ohana - dinner
CP - breakfast
50's Primetime - dinner
Raglan Rd - dinner
1900 Park Fare - breakfast

I was thinking the same this morning! It’s hard to book ADRs this far out and not know the hours, extra magic hours, etc.

Go to MDE and click on "My Itinerary." Then go to the left and click "add parks and places" under the plans tab. Select the date from the calendar icon. If you do this daily you should be able to see your days before your 180 opens.

@KNovacovschi and @iheartglaciers what @SaintsManiac said totally works, but on a day to day; I've been logging in and updating every morning.

I agree it's frustrating though. EMHs change, party dates get added, etc, etc. But if you wanna eat at BoG you better get online at 180, and not a minute late or you're not eating there! LOL!:scared:

So the flight has been booked (and I am glad I didn't wait...the next day the flights went up $40/person!) and tomorrow I get to make my ADR's! Hoping to get Early Morning Magic, a late breakfast at 'Ohana, and dinner at Sci Fi...3 things we have never done before :)

And then after this, I anxiously await the release of MNSSHP dates. Ahh, I love the sport that is Disney Vacation Planning lol

Go to MDE and click on "My Itinerary." Then go to the left and click "add parks and places" under the plans tab. Select the date from the calendar icon. If you do this daily you should be able to see your days before your 180 opens.

I will thank you. I miss having the posted TA hours here though, they were usually spot on and released at the beginning of the month that your 180 days fell in. Oh well.

@KNovacovschi and @iheartglaciers what @SaintsManiac said totally works, but on a day to day; I've been logging in and updating every morning.

I agree it's frustrating though. EMHs change, party dates get added, etc, etc. But if you wanna eat at BoG you better get online at 180, and not a minute late or you're not eating there! LOL!:scared:

In all honesty I've never had an issue getting BOG for lunch or dinner, have always gotten it when and close to the times I wanted. This year we are only doing lunch, we are all dinnered out there, lol, and I'm only doing lunch because I want my masters cupcake, lol.

In all honesty I've never had an issue getting BOG for lunch or dinner, have always gotten it when and close to the times I wanted. This year we are only doing lunch, we are all dinnered out there, lol, and I'm only doing lunch because I want my masters cupcake, lol.

Lucky! We got dinner and breakfast in 2016, but I’ve missed it since! It’s not a must do for us this year, as there are other things we’re wanting to try.

I anxiously await the release of MNSSHP dates. Ahh, I love the sport that is Disney Vacation Planning lol
Historically the party dates are on the nights MK closes early. This year the park closes at 6:00 pm on the nights of the party.

So the flight has been booked (and I am glad I didn't wait...the next day the flights went up $40/person!) and tomorrow I get to make my ADR's! Hoping to get Early Morning Magic, a late breakfast at 'Ohana, and dinner at Sci Fi...3 things we have never done before :)

And then after this, I anxiously await the release of MNSSHP dates. Ahh, I love the sport that is Disney Vacation Planning lol
Lol, "sport". It is so true! This is really the only "sport" I like! Go Team Go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter