*** The Official September 2018 Thread *** let's get started to have some fun

DH and I made it home this morning.
We did go to Disney After Hours on Thursday night. It was actually our favorite special event we did during the entire trip, even though we were sick. We loved being able to do things leisurely without rushing or dealing with crowds.
We ended up caving on Friday and went to urgent care. They picked us up in a shuttle right at the Beach Club, so that was convenient. I was glad we went. Turned out I had a sinus infection, ear infection, and bronchitis. :( DH and I got cortisone shots while there, and antibiotics and steroid pills to take. I also got a breathing treatment because my lungs were so bad, and they prescribed me a rescue inhaler. I only need the inhaler when I get sick (and I'd forgotten it at home,) but the doc said my lungs were bad enough that if I had had any wheezing after the nebulizer that he would have had to admit me to the hospital. :sad2:
Luckily the breathing treatment worked like a charm, and the boost of antibiotics and steroids had me feeling much better Friday night and Saturday. Not 100%, but LOADS better than I had been.
Now, DH and I are home and already looking forward to planning our next trip when it isn't quite so hot. We did upgrade our tickets to AP's so we want to make sure to get our value out of them. I may do a mini trip report, or maybe a dining report even though I ended up cancelling a bunch of reservations.

We did go to Disney After Hours on Thursday night. It was actually our favorite special event we did during the entire trip, even though we were sick. We loved being able to do things leisurely without rushing or dealing with crowds.
We ended up caving on Friday and went to urgent care. They picked us up in a shuttle right at the Beach Club, so that was convenient. I was glad we went. Turned out I had a sinus infection, ear infection, and bronchitis. :( DH and I got cortisone shots while there, and antibiotics and steroid pills to take. I also got a breathing treatment because my lungs were so bad, and they prescribed me a rescue inhaler. I only need the inhaler when I get sick (and I'd forgotten it at home,) but the doc said my lungs were bad enough that if I had had any wheezing after the nebulizer that he would have had to admit me to the hospital. :sad2:
Luckily the breathing treatment worked like a charm, and the boost of antibiotics and steroids had me feeling much better Friday night and Saturday. Not 100%, but LOADS better than I had been.
Now, DH and I are home and already looking forward to planning our next trip when it isn't quite so hot. We did upgrade our tickets to AP's so we want to make sure to get our value out of them. I may do a mini trip report, or maybe a dining report even though I ended up cancelling a bunch of reservations.

I'm so sorry you guys were sick and didn't get to enjoy the trip you planned. I'm glad you went to urgent care though - breathing issues are scary! Glad you're both on the mend and hope your next trip is loads better!

I'm so glad you guys are safely home and feeling better now. Glad also that you got to urgent care, especially with how sick you were. Such a bummer but at least you got to do DAH and felt better for your final couple of days. I sure hope your next trip is awesome to make up for this one!

Just wanted to say hello and wish all of the later Sept travelers safe travels. We got home on Friday and had a great trip! The only negative to our trip was the extra hot weather. We were so lucky to avoid the rain, but it was just too hot for us (and I have been in Sept multiple times and never been bothered). I was so happy when a few Floridians said that it was indeed extra terrible last week. We loved CCV, HS EMM, and MK DAH and will likely do those events again.

Off to plan our January trip and start planning for the other coast for next Sept (excited for DLR). Hope to see many of you around on the boards!

Day 2: Tech conference all day, dashed into the Leaky Cauldron at the last moment for a plate of fish and chips. Not great but not bad.
Note: If Universal Studios closes at 7pm and Islands of Adventure closes at 8pm, the train still stops running at 7pm on the dot. Not happy about that.

Tomorrow: MNSSHP

Day 2: Tech conference all day, dashed into the Leaky Cauldron at the last moment for a plate of fish and chips. Not great but not bad.
Note: If Universal Studios closes at 7pm and Islands of Adventure closes at 8pm, the train still stops running at 7pm on the dot. Not happy about that.

Tomorrow: MNSSHP

We found the food at Universal to be "meh" at best. Definitely not on par with Disney.

Lots of rain yesterday afternoon, good thing we were pretty much finished with MK by 3pm!!! Hoping this evening the rain stays away for our party!

Lots of rain yesterday afternoon, good thing we were pretty much finished with MK by 3pm!!! Hoping this evening the rain stays away for our party!

I hope the rain doesn't ruin your party! I honestly would've welcomed a little more rain while we were there... I even went without a poncho to guarantee it would rain. ;) Still didn't work. Ha!

Anyone else just back receive a room notification last night? I think the web update gremlins are at it again, from what I'm seeing in other places. FP+ and ADR res were a nightmare this morning. How's the app working in the parks?

I hope the rain doesn't ruin your party! I honestly would've welcomed a little more rain while we were there... I even went without a poncho to guarantee it would rain. ;) Still didn't work. Ha!

Anyone else just back receive a room notification last night? I think the web update gremlins are at it again, from what I'm seeing in other places. FP+ and ADR res were a nightmare this morning. How's the app working in the parks?
My friend was trying to book her FP this morning and site was down for hours, not sure it is back up, I tried pricing a December long weekend that is down as well.
When I was there earlier this month MM was down for 3 days, half my photos never showed up, and FP was glitchy at best. I don't get how Disney can't get their IT in order

Yes, I also received a room notification last night and we just returned from WDW this last Sunday. :flower1:
First time I have had IT glitches with Disney.....(knock on wood).

IME, rain doesn't really help... it just makes it feel muggier (if that's even physically possible).

I was lucky, though, on my trip; only one significant storm while I was in the parks, and I was able to duck into the standby line of Frozen for the worst of it (wait was around half an hour, which was about exactly what I needed). I think I broke out the umbrella maybe once or twice after that, and it never rained again for long (maybe a bigger rainstorm would've cooled things off more?).

My friend was trying to book her FP this morning and site was down for hours, not sure it is back up, I tried pricing a December long weekend that is down as well.
When I was there earlier this month MM was down for 3 days, half my photos never showed up, and FP was glitchy at best. I don't get how Disney can't get their IT in order

We lost MM photos, too! HPE the former Hewlett Packard ( after the good printer folks bought EDS, it was all downhill) runs their IT. Google "failed HP projects" for fun.

We’ve been continuing to have a great time. Spent yesterday at DHS and did everything we wanted. It only sprinkled a few drops while we were there, and when we got back to our room we were happy enough to just collapse until we left for dinner, so I didn’t know if it really rained in that time. We had a wonderful dinner at Monsieur Paul’s.

Today was our Epcot day. I’ve been at Epcot during F&W I think three times before, but never got more than maybe one thing each time, because we didn’t plan for it. We wanted to change that this year so I did scope out what menus looked good in advance, and arrived hungry with zero other dining plans. We stuffed ourselves! Almost everything was really tasty. And there were no significant lines at all at the booths.

We got back at 5 (totally exhausted) and immediately hit the pool, where we are now. We have no obligations for the evening and are thrilled about it.

Tomorrow is our last Disney day - we’re doing AK and then heading to Universal.

I want to give a shout out to our hotel, the Villas at Grand Cypress. It’s been amazing and really nice and quiet. And the bed is super comfy, although we could probably sleep well on the floor with how tired we’ve been each night.

Sorry for the delay in this message! We had a first great great that kind ended badly because of my circulation problems.

We started our day being held at MCO because apparently ‘someone’ at ground forgot about a full plane from another country arriving at 5:50am do we couldn’t access the immigration room as there was no official to talk to those didn’t pass the totem passaport inspection.

Half of the plane lost their connection flights, we lost the time we’re supposed to go shopping for groceries so we freshened up at the bathroom at Pop, Our room was not ready yet, and off we went to the Boardwalk for breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, where Ariel and Eric made me LOVE royalty again! The food was good, I skipped all pastries but the sun shaped one, because it was the only plain pastry, which I only ate half of it as I’m still watching what I eat. Lori, our server was such a root and such a great waitress! She checked all pastries for cinnamon since my friend is allergic and had a great attitude throughout our meal.
67450C86-5DA1-40EF-9756-8C5B18859C33.jpeg 2D481763-6326-4641-BE56-5D6592A8857E.jpeg F9E6F917-047B-40EA-9581-D05EE75F2742.jpeg D537918F-3CEE-46E0-A8A9-2E7885CB199E.jpeg 1DD8D427-BA1D-48F3-991B-185CD7AC7F01.jpeg 279C20B5-04CC-4E4D-99F2-53DFF5E24C5C.jpeg F57C8FFB-E887-4B7A-85CE-6F1E9F6F130D.jpeg A84D4B6F-4130-4FAB-A631-9CF97DB2C058.jpeg BEC43B6B-4892-4E7F-9E6C-070B4658AB10.jpegF805BCD0-5D43-4440-9BE0-DFC6FE09B2D3.jpeg

After that we went to Magic Kingdom and that’s when I noticed my leg had ballooned up to the size of a young tree! I knew heat and being awaken fir the past 27 hours had everything to do with that so we scrapped all plans for EMH and went back to Pop where I took a shower, ate and was out by 9pm.

Note:

- refresh is working like a charm! We’re able to use 8 FP in 5 1/2 hours

- rooms at Pop are great! Mine was really well cleaned and everything looks brand new

- I drank probably 3 liters of water yesterday. I was parched all the time!

- we had so many cast members to thank we decided to do it all today I believe it’s important to recognize them when they excel at what they do!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter