The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

We kind of did that this past weekend. Flew down first thing Saturday, played golf both Saturday and Sunday and flew home early Monday morning. Quick trip with my son and we couldn't play golf at home cause of the weather. We stayed at Pop, but I have a week long vacation with the wife, daughter and grandtinker in two weeks where 4 nights will be at the Riv so we rode the skyliner over and checked it out. Beautiful. And I loved the lobby. No need for big as it isn't a hotel.

Doing that mid December. i was watching xmas videos at disney on youtube and decided we needed a to go. Leaving Friday after work, flying home 8am Monday. Will just miss a half day, and get to spend saturday and sunday at EPCOT and MK.

Question: Has anyone had multiple EVCs in a 1 bedroom? How do you park them in the room? We will definitely have one, but my sister has been having some health issues and I worried that she may need one as well. I know at some of the resorts people can park their EVCs outside of their rooms, but I'm not sure that is an option with enclosed hallways.

Question: Has anyone had multiple EVCs in a 1 bedroom? How do you park them in the room? We will definitely have one, but my sister has been having some health issues and I worried that she may need one as well. I know at some of the resorts people can park their EVCs outside of their rooms, but I'm not sure that is an option with enclosed hallways.
We just came back from the Yacht Club and there were multiple rooms with EVC’s parked and charging in the enclosed hallways. I don’t think you will have any issues.

How comfortable are the tower beds?? I saw they had availability tomorrow for a night (before we move to YC) and was debating between Riviera and CSR (tower). It’s $60 more for the Tower Riviera room and we’ve never stayed there before, just looking to do a staycation, no parks. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it was worse than the food selection

Can't say I would ever buy anything from a Disney store to make in the room. I would either have food delivered or use the Skyliner access to get to tons of food options.

What is missing? I guess I am confused because at AKV there was just some premade frozen meals that you microwave and what not that I remember.

Can't say I would ever buy anything from a Disney store to make in the room. I would either have food delivered or use the Skyliner access to get to tons of food options.

What is missing? I guess I am confused because at AKV there was just some premade frozen meals that you microwave and what not that I remember.

As I recall I was looking for milk, bread, chips, mayonnaise, lettuce for sandwiches, and maybe some fresh fruit. I could get all of that at BCV but I think all I found at RIV was chips and maybe bread. No fruit, no condiments, lots of frozen microwaveable type things and ice cream treats though. Now this was just a few weeks after they opened so maybe they have expanded it somewhat but I distinctly remember thinking there was a wider selection of cold medicine than there was food.

How comfortable are the tower beds?? I saw they had availability tomorrow for a night (before we move to YC) and was debating between Riviera and CSR (tower). It’s $60 more for the Tower Riviera room and we’ve never stayed there before, just looking to do a staycation, no parks. Thanks!

We stayed in a tower in early March and found the beds very comfortable. My wife and I also had no issue with the size of the room and loved our view of the Epcot Fireworks.

woot, another #1 for RVA!! our neighbors (Caribbean Beach Resort) also share some of the spotlight

The Never Rivieras have infiltrated all corners of the interwebs!

I mean they even used the false "studios are small" as a "con" when the studios are actually the 2nd largest on property.

And looking at the actual All Ears reviews, one low review was for tower room only and at least one was from someone who never stayed there (in true NR fashion :rolleyes1).

And, if you sort their reviews by current rating, Riviera is now near the top so that video is outdated already.

https://allears.net/reviews/category/disney-resorts/?sort=rating,d

woot, another #1 for RVA!! our neighbors (Caribbean Beach Resort) also share some of the spotlight

A con is relative small studios? I guess I am wondering what that is relative to? Its the 2nd largest Studio at WDW. Across the board its at the top of the chart as far as space.

I kept 1BR/2BR POLY unranked as its not a true room type to compare.

ResortPodStudio1BR2BRGV
AKV-J365 (5)720 (7)1075 (7)2349 (4)
AKV-K365 (6)807 (4)1173 (4)2201 (6)
BCV356 (8)719 (8)1075 (8)
BLT339 (11)803 (5)1152 (5)2044 (9)
BWV359 (7)712 (10)1071 (9)2142 (7)
CCV338 (12)675 (11)1051 (11)2237 (5)
OKW390 (3)1005 (1)1395 (1)2375 (3)
POLY447 (1)[894] (NR)[894] (NR)
RIV255 (1)423 (2)813 (3)1246 (2)2530 (2)
SSR355 (10)714 (9)1070 (10)2113 (8)
VGF374 (4)844 (2)1232 (3)2800 (1)
VWL356 (9)727 (6)1083 (6)

Does anyone know if there is a way to contact the shop at Riv to see if I could make a purchase? There was a shirt that my husband wanted when we were there in Aug, but they didn’t have his size. I have no idea if there is any way I could call to see if they have any in stock now?

Does Bar Riva have their Monte Cristo back yet?? Staying over Xmas and I've been dying to have one. They didnt have it in Aug when we were there which made me sad!

It doesn't appear to be back - not on the menu anyway. We'll be there in 2 weeks and I'm still hoping it'll be available while we're there.

Steve

Does anyone know if there is a way to contact the shop at Riv to see if I could make a purchase? There was a shirt that my husband wanted when we were there in Aug, but they didn’t have his size. I have no idea if there is any way I could call to see if they have any in stock now?
I posted the resort phone number a while ago on this thread. It might be worth calling that number in case they can transfer you to the shop.

Does Bar Riva have their Monte Cristo back yet?? Staying over Xmas and I've been dying to have one. They didnt have it in Aug when we were there which made me sad!
Currently staying at Riviera, as the other poster said it is not currently back. I can confirm this from
asking them directly as I was wanting order one.

I seem to be unable to find the room view thread for Riviera if anyone can point me in that direction. However, just to post in this thread some views, this is room 8855 (east wing, close to elevators, Epcot view, 8th floor)

Attachments

• C1C10994-276D-4D39-8673-7B38F2E229AA.jpeg
    C1C10994-276D-4D39-8673-7B38F2E229AA.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 54
  • D4D1A5B7-13C6-4AA9-B01B-55BEEF0E8ED4.jpeg
    D4D1A5B7-13C6-4AA9-B01B-55BEEF0E8ED4.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 9867AA40-5D50-435E-925B-665196D4F949.jpeg
    9867AA40-5D50-435E-925B-665196D4F949.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 49
I seem to be unable to find the room view thread for Riviera if anyone can point me in that direction. However, just to post in this thread some views, this is room 8855 (east wing, close to elevators, Epcot view, 8th floor)
Hi there! Here's the room view thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/riviera-rooms-with-a-view.3782418/

From your pictures, I'm noticing that facing the porte cochere at RVA might be better than at VGF. The former seems to block the view less?

ETA: @summerw it might be worth it to add the link to the rooms with a view thread to the first page somewhere

Currently staying at Riviera, as the other poster said it is not currently back. I can confirm this from
asking them directly as I was wanting order one.
Keep us updated on the Monte Cristo. At this point in the pandemic it doesn't make sense for Bar Riva to not offer their most popular menu item! Give the people what they want Disney!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts