The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Does anyone know about DCL transfers to Montreal. According to their website they have transfers from Montreal to Port. I would assume they would have transfers the opposite directions. No info on hotels yet, but generally Disney likes to pick the most expensive hotels in a city to contract with.

Cruiselines have had to miss ports and alter itinerary's in Quebec this year because of speed restrictions. I guess there's whales in the St Lawrence river that have been hit by ships. I read this on cruise critic.

Correction Gulf of St Lawrence. After I typed that I started wondering why whales were in a river. It's late.

If you are looking for hotels I can give you some tips as well: book a long time in advance. Quebec is popular during that time because of the cruises and can charge prices similar to NYC. When my boss wants me to book a hotel in Quebec less than 2 weeks in advance, I wanna cry.

The Delta, The Tryp Pur & Marriott Quebec would be good and affordable options.

If money if no object, go for Château Frontenac or Château Laurier.

And yes, they have found A LOT of dead whales recently. :(

We have whales (and beluga) in the Saguenay Fjord as well.

Let me know if there are DCL shuttles from Montréal to Quebec so I can help with hotels in Montreal and public transportation as well. :)

Just found this thread - great idea! I'm in Montreal, and I'm scheduled to sail on the September 27th QC-NYC cruise with my family. I was also the first French panelist over at the Disney Parks Moms Panel, so I can help find some more "official" information (if available!) if anyone has any questions. Looking forward to cruising with all of you and to helping you discover "Ma" Belle Province! :)

Let me know if there are DCL shuttles from Montréal to Quebec so I can help with hotels in Montreal and public transportation as well. :)
According to website there will be transfers from Montreal. You must arrive no later then 9am. It says hotels have not been determined. I would assume it they offer hotels in Montreal they would have transfers from those hotels. I don't know how many people would be able to arrive in Montreal before 9am.

For what it's worth - I would highly recommend taking the train from Montreal to Quebec (or vice-versa) if you're planning to spend a few days in Montreal post-cruise. I take the train almost weekly for work and it's a great service (good price too).

For what it's worth - I would highly recommend taking the train from Montreal to Quebec (or vice-versa) if you're planning to spend a few days in Montreal post-cruise. I take the train almost weekly for work and it's a great service (good price too).
How much is it?

How much is it?

Depends on what class you're looking for but, if you book a few weeks in advance, round trip (including taxes) could range anywhere from CAD$80 (economy) to $CAD 250 for business class (includes food, wine/beer/spirits etc). Economy is just fine, unless you want the splurge... FWIW - we plan to take the train from Montreal to QC the day of our cruise. From what I remember, the train station is quite close to the port.

Just found this thread - great idea! I'm in Montreal, and I'm scheduled to sail on the September 27th QC-NYC cruise with my family. I was also the first French panelist over at the Disney Parks Moms Panel, so I can help find some more "official" information (if available!) if anyone has any questions. Looking forward to cruising with all of you and to helping you discover "Ma" Belle Province! :)

Awesome! Welcome on the thread. The more we are, the more we can help! :)

How much is it?

I'll copy-paste the text from my post #24. I think I'll put the info in the original post because I have a feeling those questions will be asked a lot:

My boss (76 yo) takes the Via Rail train from Montreal to Quebec almost every time he has to go to Quebec. He usually picks the Business section in order to be able to work. Apparently the seats are very comfortable, there is room for the legs, there is free wifi (actually all sections have free wifi and power outlets)... It takes about 3h30 by train but both train stations have a very practical location. My work is right in front of the station and I help tourists finding the sites they are looking for all the time. :) The tickets usually go from 70 to 215$ depending on the moment you use it and the section you pick but be sure to subscribe to the newsletter because they go on promotion all the time (especially on tuesday mornings). They can go as low as 33$.

If you need to go from the Montreal (YUL) airport to the train station, it should be a 38$ flat rate by cab.

Or you can take the Public Transportation line 747 that will cost you 10$ and be valid for 24 hours. It's an interesting route for tourists because it stops near the most important subway stations, hotels. The "Gare Centrale" (train station) would be stop number 5.

Hi All! Thanks, mevelandry, for starting this thread. I appreciate the suggestions for hotels, etc. We will be on the Quebec to NYC cruise next year. I just booked the Hotel Diamant which is in the old city area. Any comments/opinions? I carefully read reviews and, if I change my mind, I have free cancellation.

Thanks!

Jan

Just booked Hotel Pur.

While I haven't tried it myself, I've booked it for collegues and they liked it. :)

I will correct the info on my first comment as it's not exactly in Old Quebec... It's not far away though. I'd say 20 min walk/5 min cab ride...

I hope it's ok. I meant to put those affordable hotels in their own category, got interrupted and forgot to come back to create it.

Last edited:
According to website there will be transfers from Montreal. You must arrive no later then 9am. It says hotels have not been determined. I would assume it they offer hotels in Montreal they would have transfers from those hotels. I don't know how many people would be able to arrive in Montreal before 9am.

Has anyone seen information about transfers from Port to YUL (Montreal) airport post-cruise? I'm on the NY to Quebec City and I think I'll be flying back to BOS after the cruise. I can get a YUL-BOS nonstop on Air Canada Jazz, but flying back from Quebec City to BOS appears to be on Porter airlines and requires a connection in Toronto.

Has anyone seen information about transfers from Port to YUL (Montreal) airport post-cruise? I'm on the NY to Quebec City and I think I'll be flying back to BOS after the cruise. I can get a YUL-BOS nonstop on Air Canada Jazz, but flying back from Quebec City to BOS appears to be on Porter airlines and requires a connection in Toronto.

If I am not mistaken, most flights going to and from Quebec require a connection somewhere.

There's a number on your res to call about transfers. I haven't done it yet

We are planning to do the Sept 27 cruise, flying into Quebec City from Alberta the day before. I would like to do more days in Quebec but we're pulling the kids out of school so trying to minimize their time away. This is a really helpful thread!

We are planning to do the Sept 27 cruise, flying into Quebec City from Alberta the day before. I would like to do more days in Quebec but we're pulling the kids out of school so trying to minimize their time away. This is a really helpful thread!

If you need anything, don't hesitate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter