The official Quebec, Saguenay and Baie-Comeau cruise ports thread!

Thank you to all who contributed to this post! A BIG thank you to Mevelandry for all your comments! My youngest daughter and I came two days early to Quebec and have loved it thoroughly! She’s 8 and asked if we could move here! I, too, adore Quebec and would probably brave a winter just to immerse myself in the language and culture! Quebecians are so patient to let me practice my French. The food has been fun to try and the history rich! Loved the walking tour of Quebec to get our bearings. Ate at Cochon Dingue twice just for ease as service and atmosphere were so nice. (Ate downstairs, not upstairs if that matters). And, I learned how to properly pronounce so many places! I was so off on Saguenay! Even the taxi drivers are up for some French lessons!

Seeing the ship in port from so many different spots around the city has been so fun! And we even got to see the fireworks from our hotel! What a cruise vacation this has been so far and we haven’t even stepped on board! I’m not sure why this isn’t a more popular itinerary!

To those who live here, thank you for sharing your beautiful country with us!

And, now, Bon Voyage to those of us boarding!

I'm so happy to know that you are having a great time and to see that you enjoyed Cochon Dingue! :jumping1:

Had a great time on the cruise. It was a little cold at times at sea but in port days the weather wasn’t cold. Maybe there is hope that dcl will do this cruise again since they are doing the one way Hawaii cruises again and they sold very badly.

Last edited:
Had a great time on the cruise. It was a little cold at times at sea but in port days the weather wasn’t cold. Maybe there is hope that dcl will do this cruise again since they are doing the one Hawaii cruises again and they sold very badly.

I wonder if they had offered differing ports on the two cruises if that would have encouraged some back to back cruisers - thus reducing the travel hassles. We actually considered that, so we could just drive to NYC, but didn't want to do the same ports twice in one trip. We ultimately ended up sticking with our 12 nighter on NCL, just to get more variety in the ports.

Just a thought if anyone at Disney is listening. :P

Anyway - glad you a great cruise!! We leave a week from tomorrow and I can't wait.

Speaking of travel hassles, I took the DCL transfer from port to the YUL airport. I had thought it was going to take about 3 hrs. However, there were a number of sections of rte 20 under construction with reduced speed limits of 50 kmph. There was also thankfully a planned rest stop at a travel plaza midway. Consequently, the trip took over 4 hrs. Something to be aware of if they repeat quebec as an arrival port.

Speaking of travel hassles, I took the DCL transfer from port to the YUL airport. I had thought it was going to take about 3 hrs. However, there were a number of sections of rte 20 under construction with reduced speed limits of 50 kmph. There was also thankfully a planned rest stop at a travel plaza midway. Consequently, the trip took over 4 hrs. Something to be aware of if they repeat quebec as an arrival port.

Yep it wasn’t a good bus ride. The bus driver had the tv extremely loud all the way to the Rest stop. At the rest stop I asked him to turned the tv down some. He turned it off. Than after the rest stop two ladies behind me were talking very loudly the rest of the way. I wished the tv was back on. Had a inconsiderate family at the rest stop they got to the bus 10 minutes after we were told to be back on. People have flights to make and you show up that late. I wasn’t leaving until the next day so it didn’t effect me. yep bus ride took just about 4 hours with the rest stop.

Yep it wasn’t a good bus ride. The bus driver had the tv extremely loud all the way to the Rest stop. At the rest stop I asked him to turned the tv down some. He turned it off. Than after the rest stop two ladies behind me were talking very loudly the rest of the way. I wished the tv was back on. Had a inconsiderate family at the rest stop they got to the bus 10 minutes after we were told to be back on. People have flights to make and you show up that late. I wasn’t leaving until the next day so it didn’t effect me. yep bus ride took just about 4 hours with the rest stop.

Yikes!!! How long did you stay at the rest stop? This road usually never take more than 3 hours even with rush hour!

Yikes!!! How long did you stay at the rest stop? This road usually never take more than 3 hours even with rush hour!

Only 20 minutes at the rest stop for my bus -- from 10:50am-11:10am.
I was apparently on a different bus from dclpluto.

We used a car service (Blacklane) from Quebec to YUL and encountered no traffic jams along the way. Perhaps our driver took a different route than the bus?

Yep we were there from 10:20 to 10:55.
We had a family on board that was taking the transfer to get to a YUL hotel, but they were trying to make a 1pm tour at the destination. At the rest stop the liaison switched them from our bus to one departing earlier. I wonder if that was your bus and the reason for your delayed departure.

We had a family on board that was taking the transfer to get to a YUL hotel, but they were trying to make a 1pm tour at the destination. At the rest stop the liaison switched them from our bus to one departing earlier. I wonder if that was your bus and the reason for your delayed departure.

We did pick up three new people at the bus stop but they were on the bus before the inconsiderate family that came on the bus late. I shouldn’t say family the kids had nothing to do with it. Inconsiderate mom and dad

The Magic Leaving Quebec - Turning Around in the St Lawrence River to head back to NYC...

Magic Leaving Quebec.jpg

BTW - Disney (World / Land) can learn something about Fireworks shows ... The Fireworks and Music were SPECTACULAR Wednesday evening!!! (15 minutes) - I just took video, so no pictures of the fireworks.

Last edited:
It may have been mentioned in this thread, but for those of you who sailed to or from Canada who were your captain and cruise director?

I can imagine most of you that went on a cruise are now back home.

Would love to see some of your pictures and get to know what excursions or visits you have done and what you liked the most/which port you liked the most. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!