**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

3 days for us. I'm so pumped. Today is my last day at work. Tomorrow I'll finish my shopping, start packing and I have to meet my TA to get my luggage tags since she never sent them. She also want to use this time to review adjust my FP times. Slightly nervous about that since we are so close but she is the pro and I'm over the planning. At this point I just want to go!

Just did online check-in for our SW flights tomorrow! (we paid for EB on the way back but not on the way down). Not shockingly, we got high A40s (small airport, not a busy travel time). This time tomorrow we'll be taking off!

Finishing packing today, organizing the kids' stuff for their grandparent-stays. DD9 totally just assumed we were going to Disney (even though I just said FL), and suggested we make sure to do all the movies and history stuff in World Showcase that I always want to do and go to a "fancy" restaurant (instead of character meals)! I'm so impressed with her! I told her we weren't doing MK and I wouldn't ride 7D without her - she was flabbergasted, how could I go and not ride! Told DS12 this am (because his sister will say something...) - he was highly offended and said he could certainly come on our anniversary trip, it would be fine :rotfl2:

Time to go drop all the dance recital stuff off at my parents so that they're ready to take DD to her dress rehearsal tomorrow (we'll be back for her recital on Sunday).
My oldest DD did the math once and said 'I'm fairly certain I was on your honeymoon.....why can't I go on your anniversary trip also?'

:rotfl2:

20 days til the dark side and 23 til WDW! Somehow I'm working aways 9 of the next 15 days. Wish I could just order all new clothes and have them waiting at WDW so I don't have to pack!

13 days til our first trip! Hopefully they get more shoulder banshees, I guess they might not sell them for awhile after they sell out.

13 days til our first trip! Hopefully they get more shoulder banshees, I guess they might not sell them for awhile after they sell out.
I don't think there's a real concern about running out of banshees. Sometimes they run out of stands and certain colors later in the day, but run out completely? Nah, Disney knows its Guests.

If Disney updates there hours for June, when do you think they will do it? The last time we were there, MK opened at 8:00 am both days we were there (not emh) and that extra hour was really nice. I was hoping for that again this year.

3 more days until we're in Disney! Can't wait...POP 6/8-6/16 Hope the next 72 hours go by fast!

I'm late to the party, but that's okay! I am arriving June 16th (next Friday :teeth:) with my mom, grandmother, sister and cousin (all adults). We are staying at VGF. Super special trip- my mom was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer May 2016, finished chemo in October 2016, radiation in March 2017, and will have her last hormonal infusion on the 12th! So we're celebrating no more chemo and being cancer free! This will also be my grandmother's first trip and an early (by a few weeks) 80th birthday celebration. I'm so excited to show her everything and I'm probably going to cry when she meets Mickey for the first time! ::MickeyMo They will all then leave to go home on June 20th. On the 19th, DH is flying down and I will move over to BLT with him. We will celebrate our 8 year anniversary on the 20th, then come home the 22nd! I can't wait!!

We start our drive in 9 days and arrive in 10 days. I thought we were good to go, but now realizing everything I have to do. Didn't take into account everything that has to be done between now and next Friday with the house. I have to find someone that will mow my lawn while I am away as well. I know they are not big deals, but they are things that will take some time to coordinate.

Regardless, I am almost in my single-digit dance.

Will I be able to finish packing before the airport shuttle arrives at 4am Monday? WHO KNOWS?

Other than that, all we have to do is check in to our flights. I think. Room request faxed, FPs and ADRs look solid, please god bring on vacation. I really need it.

Each day I do something for our trip (other than read dis!) ... today was going through our change to get pennies and quarters - DD6 is starting fresh and making all new pressed pennies this trip because for her 100 day project this past school year she took all of her pressed pennies (except 1) and made a Mickey head on a canvas! It came out awesome and now she's excited to refill her penny books!

DD6 is starting fresh and making all new pressed pennies this trip
My DD11 asked 2 days ago if we were going to do pressed pennies again. I spent several hours looking for our collection, trying to find out what pennies I had to press, and what I needed to buy. We have several hundred pre-1983 pennies ready for the trip. I will need to hit the bank to get about $100-$150 in quarter rolls before we leave. I have found a new site that makes it easier to track the locations of the machines. The big one we need to be sure to hit is Disney Quest. With it closing in July, who knows when/where those machines move to.

My DD11 asked 2 days ago if we were going to do pressed pennies again. I spent several hours looking for our collection, trying to find out what pennies I had to press, and what I needed to buy. We have several hundred pre-1983 pennies ready for the trip. I will need to hit the bank to get about $100-$150 in quarter rolls before we leave. I have found a new site that makes it easier to track the locations of the machines. The big one we need to be sure to hit is Disney Quest. With it closing in July, who knows when/where those machines move to.

I feel like my DD can find those machines everywhere - she has a special eye for them! It's so cute actually when she puts them in - and counts them every time - love it! Looking forward to that again this trip. She wants to try Sorcerer's of the MK this trip so we will see how that goes as well! I love that every trip we go on is different - this is our 14th trip as a family and every one has its own unique things. 15 days to wait for me still... the last two weeks are the hardest!

We will be there that week too. This is an elementary school graduation, end of a long accident saga, very short Summer break trip. We decided to go for two weeks when things at work allowed me to get the 2 weeks off.

We will be there that week too. This is an elementary school graduation, end of a long accident saga, very short Summer break trip. We decided to go for two weeks when things at work allowed me to get the 2 weeks off.

2 weeks is the best! We're doing 6 nights at BC and then switching to Poly CL for the next 8 nights - just can't wait - I feel like our two week trips end up being so relaxing - need this after the school year I've had! Can't wait to be away and reconnect as a family again! Plus when we come back I'll still have 6 weeks of summer break to enjoy! :-)

Just like my wife. My DD moves to a year round school calendar. She has 4 weeks off, then back at it Monday after 4th. DW will be off another 6 weeks. Me, I get to go back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter