*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Hey Everyone! Our trip is November 30th- December 8th. Had to do this trip very piecemeal with DVC being so busy at this time of year. We have first 2 nights at Polynesian villas, next 3 at the Boardwalk villas, and finally the last 3 at Jambo house.

So excited! Staying at Polynesian Village Resort December 4-9. I’m worried about crowds because there is such limited resort availability. We’re planning on skipping DHS. I was able to get all of the ADR we wanted. Now I’ve got to have a plan for FastPass morning.

So excited! Staying at Polynesian Village Resort December 4-9. I’m worried about crowds because there is such limited resort availability. We’re planning on skipping DHS. I was able to get all of the ADR we wanted. Now I’ve got to have a plan for FastPass morning.
We will overlap for a few days at the Poly!

Do you think the fact that Olga's breakfast reservations start at 6am on the 19th is a good indicator that the park will open too for EEMH?

I hope so!

YES! I saw a flash that this was available and snagged a couple dates too. Sent my husband a text reminding him that he married a genius - LOL.

Passing on the lightsabers and droids. Will stick to overpriced drinks for now.

Haha I did the same! My husband mumbled something about the reservations being open but I just didn’t question it and thought he meant for opening day as it was literally in passing conversation.

When I realised the next morning text messages were exchanged about how lucky he is to have an obsessive, planning crazed wife like me :rolleyes1

I was so excited this morning when times popped up. I was aiming for an early time and picked 9:15 to make it a breakfast. I hope they continue the EEMH so we can get in before 9.
Someone just saw where it said you can get in 1 hour before any event you have reserved

So excited to find this thread!

We will be there 12/11-12/20, staying off-site

My birthday is 12/13, I have never celebrated my birthday there before. This will be our 2yr olds first trip too, so lots to celebrate!

We can't wait!

We will be at the French Quarter (first time) for a short weekend, December 13-15, flying from Atlanta. Our plan is to tour some of the Disney hotels and Disney Springs on Saturday and attend MVMCP on Friday night. My husband remembers the MVMCP of old, which had smaller crowds, and I have warned him that all of that has changed considerably. (My daughter and I have been to both the Halloween and Christmas parties for the last several years, and all of them were very crowded.) Also, going on Friday night, we can expect higher attendance. For these reasons, I am considering booking Tony's Christmas party which will ensure parade viewing and perhaps give us a little more relaxed evening. My question: can that reservation be canceled within a designated time frame if I change my mind? I'm not sure if it is considered a dining reservation or another hard-ticketed event.

First Christmas time trip! We'll be there 12/26-1/1. I have a question about the daytime Christmas parade that happens Christmas week...I'd rather do the 12pm parade so we can head out afterwords for a nap, but I've booked Tony's lunch with reserved parade viewing for the 3:30 parade. Does anyone have first hand experience with the parade? Will we be able to get decent viewing without a long wait for 12pm?
Alternatively, if I keep my Tony's reservation (11:30am) would we have a parade view from the restaurant?

I'm considering ordering a live, table top Christmas tree to have in our hotel room. I'd like to pass this along (free, I just don't want it to go to waste) to another guest when we check out on 12/21. Please respond if interested. We'll be at AoA.
That is such a great idea!! We'll be arriving 12/21, but staying at AKL. Don't know if we could make it work but I know we'd appreciate it!

That is such a great idea!! We'll be arriving 12/21, but staying at AKL. Don't know if we could make it work but I know we'd appreciate it!

I won't have time to drop it off at AKL that day but I could check it with Bell Services at AoA if you think you could make it over to pick it up.

First Christmas time trip! We'll be there 12/26-1/1. I have a question about the daytime Christmas parade that happens Christmas week...I'd rather do the 12pm parade so we can head out afterwords for a nap, but I've booked Tony's lunch with reserved parade viewing for the 3:30 parade. Does anyone have first hand experience with the parade? Will we be able to get decent viewing without a long wait for 12pm?
Alternatively, if I keep my Tony's reservation (11:30am) would we have a parade view from the restaurant?
How do you reserve this? Was it just under dining?

Formally adding myself in: December 21-27 WL CL. This is our second Christmas in a row in WDW, but our 1st stay ever at WL. It is also our 1st CL stay in a while. My husband requested more down time this year, so we added a day. I also plan to use CL FP program strategically and take advantage of the lounge. We ate at Artist Point for Christmas Eve dinner last year. My son just wanted to sit in the lobby and take it all in, so we knew it had to be WL for Christmas. The bounce back obliged.

We usually deluxe dining plan, so club level changes our usual ADRs a bit. I was able to get CA Grill brunch on Sunday, and I am very excited. My son LOVES sushi, but he is a little wary as he didn’t enjoy our dinner there last year. I have Teppan Edo Candlelight Processional package booked for Christmas Day—the same as we did last year. Hopefully, MK will have early EMH like last Christmas. It was beautiful riding peoplemover while the sun rose over Cinderella’s castle. I also have Cinderella’s Royal Table scheduled for a late (fireworks🤞) dinner on Thursday. We have never eaten there (I am the only princess in the family), but I may cancel. Artist Point, Tiffins Rivers of Light package and Akershus brunch were must do repeats. We are also eating Chefs de France for lunch after a long hiatus. We are skipping Yachtsman which only happens when not staying at Crescent Lake; hopefully I can make that up to my carnivores.

As of right now I have no SWGE plan, but I do have 2 Droid Depot and 2 Oga’s reservations that allow us some flexibility.

Thanks for adding us to roll call @shairpdrh. We are so excited to be there for the holiday season. Looking forward to the decorations, Christmas processional, party and all the other celebrations of the season.

My question exactly! We've been there for Christmas before, but didn't have a dining package for the parade. After our last trip, I swore I'd never do another parade without some kind of special viewing 😜 So I made the ADR for Tony's, but then realized they dont have an opening time early enough for the noon parade. I guess no chance they open earlier during the holidays (afterMVMCP are over) for that first parade?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!