*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Just booked 12/20-12/26 with FD at WL. Last time we went for Xmastime was the last year of the Osborne lights at HS in 2015. Will miss the lights but excited for Toy Story Land and SWGE. Behind on ADRs but picking up what I can. We hadn’t planned to go back until 2021 as we have a DCL cruise booked for Fall of 2020, so I’m still feeling a bit up in the air about it. I guess it won’t feel real until we book flights.

Eek! Just made the change from the cabins at FW to Animal Kingdom Lodge to get an insane savings with Free Dining. Now I'm wondering about swapping an ADR for Le Cellier to Jiko. Thoughts?

Consider Sanaa. Only one credit on the DDP and incredible, plus if you make your ADR before nightfall you can view the animals.

11/26 to 12/7 staying offsite at Margaritaville, then SSR and OKW. Having our Thanksgiving dinner at The Boathouse. We're also doing the Happily Ever After dessert party, MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional dinner package with Ale and Compass and NPH as narrator.

We enjoyed our first Christmas at Disney so much last year that we are going again. I booked 12/22-12/28 at the Polynesian for my kids and I with free dining . First time staying there! I'm doing the CP dinner on Christmas Eve again, eating at Coral Reef since we are used to eating fish on Christmas Eve.Never heard of the narrator though. We had Joey Fatone last year and enjoyed it. I booked the Spirit of Aloha show even though I hear it's not great because well, if I'm staying at the Poly might as well do all the Hawaiian things! Also booked 'Ohana dinner and breakfast. Trying to take it easy this trip and not make the kids run around so much because even though they're big, they get cranky and tired and complain. So not doing a lot of parties. I hope the weather will be as good as last year. We were amazed to be able to swim in December!

We enjoyed our first Christmas at Disney so much last year that we are going again. I booked 12/22-12/28 at the Polynesian for my kids and I with free dining . First time staying there! I'm doing the CP dinner on Christmas Eve again, eating at Coral Reef since we are used to eating fish on Christmas Eve.Never heard of the narrator though. We had Joey Fatone last year and enjoyed it. I booked the Spirit of Aloha show even though I hear it's not great because well, if I'm staying at the Poly might as well do all the Hawaiian things! Also booked 'Ohana dinner and breakfast. Trying to take it easy this trip and not make the kids run around so much because even though they're big, they get cranky and tired and complain. So not doing a lot of parties. I hope the weather will be as good as last year. We were amazed to be able to swim in December!
Your narrator is Steven Curtis Chapman. He’s a contemporary Christian artist and a huge advocate of adoption. He’ll be a great narrator!

I'm considering ordering a live, table top Christmas tree to have in our hotel room. I'd like to pass this along (free, I just don't want it to go to waste) to another guest when we check out on 12/21. Please respond if interested. We'll be at AoA.

Also - I swear I saw that Marlee Matlin was announced as a CP narrator this year but I can't find it. Am I imagining things?

FYI, Oga's Cantina reservations are live now including December dates. I snagged a couple just in case, but there seemed to be plenty of availability on the days I checked. Not sure how long that will last though!

YES! I saw a flash that this was available and snagged a couple dates too. Sent my husband a text reminding him that he married a genius - LOL.

Passing on the lightsabers and droids. Will stick to overpriced drinks for now.

Last edited:
Reservations are also available for the lightsaber and droid experiences. Here are links to all of the reservation websites:

Oga's Cantina Reservations

Savi's Workshop - Handbuilt Lightsabers

Droid Depot

I saw this reported & wasn't sure if I was in my booking window to do any of it, but I tried looking for Oga's & Savi's on MDE on my phone & it was showing up, but when I tried to book it, there's some sort of error with my saved credit card. I got on my desktop & was able to book both Oga's & Savi's on two different mornings of our trip. I had left the mornings open "just in case" WDW decided to allow reservations for Galaxy's Edge & it all worked out. Not interested in Droid Depot, but printed hard copies of my verified reservations. I'm SO SUPER EXCITED this is happening!!! :jumping1::darth:

FYI, Oga's Cantina reservations are live now including December dates. I snagged a couple just in case, but there seemed to be plenty of availability on the days I checked. Not sure how long that will last though!
We did this in 2012 but with a 3’ artificial tree. I left it in the room with a note to pay it forward. I also left lights for the windows. I hope someone was able to enjoy it.

I was not able to get Oga's for Dec 4th or 5th but did get the lightsaber and droid builds on the 4th. I had to change our Minnie's Dine at Hollywood and vine times. Now if Disney would let us know if there is going to be any emh or paid events that week I will feel like our week is coming together. I am so excited for this surprise birthday trip.

Jumping in on this thread! Hello! :) We haven't made it official yet, but we're probably going to do a quick trip Dec. 13-17 so we can do MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional (First time for either of those events! We are getting our money's worth out of those APs this year!! lol)

I got the lightsaber build for DH and Olga's for us all on 12/19. I didn't see this til after 5 yesterday. I didn't have much of a problem with the Lightsaber build but Olga's was showing no availability for the 2 days we're in DHS. Checked back this morning and got us Olga's. pixiedust:

I got the lightsaber build for DH and Olga's for us all on 12/19. I didn't see this til after 5 yesterday. I didn't have much of a problem with the Lightsaber build but Olga's was showing no availability for the 2 days we're in DHS. Checked back this morning and got us Olga's. pixiedust:
Same. No luck yesterday for the 19th but when I tried this morning just before 7 there was availability.

Same. No luck yesterday for the 19th but when I tried this morning just before 7 there was availability.
It was a little after 6 am our time when I got our ADR. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cantina. We're going @ 3 right between lunch & diner.

It was a little after 6 am our time when I got our ADR. I'm looking forward to seeing the Cantina. We're going @ 3 right between lunch & diner.
I was so excited this morning when times popped up. I was aiming for an early time and picked 9:15 to make it a breakfast. I hope they continue the EEMH so we can get in before 9.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!