*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Just booked All star Sports 12/15-12/22!
We also splurged on deluxe dining, so I'm looking forward to trying restaurants we've never been to.

Question - Is Story Book dining super popular? I thought it would be easy to book, but there's no availability for the entire week we're there.
Any tips?
We were there last year, it opened on the 16th I believe and I was able to get multiple reservations closer to the trip using Touring Plans Reservation Finder and mouse dining.
With Disney, they keep throwing money wrenches into your plans with additional events that are normally only available one day of your trip and you have to work it in, so our "ideal" day and time for StoryBook ended up changing. I would say set an alert, maybe set one you don't want to familiarize yourself with process, then delete it. Also, once we were there, lots of availability opened up on most everything, unfortunately people hord reservations not knowing what day they are going to need., the good news to that is things do open up. We cancelled some of the most sought after ADR's on our trip because we were tired and decided to take a more casual day.

I renewed our annual passes today and it opened up the discounts for December so I changed our BC res to the YC Club Level and added a day for $1900 less! :banana:
That is an awesome deal! I updated the resort on the roll call, but if you want me to change the dates let me know if you are arriving early or staying lan extra day at the end.

That is an awesome deal! I updated the resort on the roll call, but if you want me to change the dates let me know if you are arriving early or staying lan extra day at the end.
Yes it is! I was shocked there is still availability and yes we are arriving a day early, arriving on the 20th instead of the 21st

12/7-12/14, staying at CSR for now unless a room discount comes out then I'm open to switching to deluxe.

Kinda worried about crowds, but my kids have been begging to go again, so whatever

This is us, except for staying at POP. I'm getting more and more worried as it gets closer, but as the wife says, I can't control the crowds so no point in worrying.

Ugh you guys! I just signed up for Touring Plans and began trying to plot out our days. I'm so overwhelmed! It's been so long (10 years) since I was there, and I just don't know where to begin. Given the time of year, I know crowds will slow us down, plus we want to try and stay as loose as possible with the schedule. Touring Plans seems to be making this harder than it needs to be. I need tips! Here's my general park plan:

Arrival Day: MK (arrive by 3)
12/22: MK
12/23: Epcot
12/24: AK
12/25: no parks day
12/26: HS
12/27: Maybe MK/AK day?

Our general idea is to hit the parks early in the morning, then break after lunch, around 2 and head back to the resort for a couple of hours. Then either hit the same park or another for dinner and the evening. What rides/shows do you guys think are must do? My kiddos are 9 and 13, and will be tall enough for everything.

Ugh you guys! I just signed up for Touring Plans and began trying to plot out our days. I'm so overwhelmed! It's been so long (10 years) since I was there, and I just don't know where to begin. Given the time of year, I know crowds will slow us down, plus we want to try and stay as loose as possible with the schedule. Touring Plans seems to be making this harder than it needs to be. I need tips! Here's my general park plan:

Arrival Day: MK (arrive by 3)
12/22: MK
12/23: Epcot
12/24: AK
12/25: no parks day
12/26: HS
12/27: Maybe MK/AK day?

Our general idea is to hit the parks early in the morning, then break after lunch, around 2 and head back to the resort for a couple of hours. Then either hit the same park or another for dinner and the evening. What rides/shows do you guys think are must do? My kiddos are 9 and 13, and will be tall enough for everything.

We will be there the same dates as you. 12/22 is a MVMCP night. I’ve never been but I heard it’s wonderful party. Some characters that you don’t normally see in the parks will be there. I have hoppers also so we can be more flexible with our plans. Did you reserve your dining? We are doing the Candlelight processional on Christmas Eve. It sounds like you have a great plan so far.

We will be there the same dates as you. 12/22 is a MVMCP night. I’ve never been but I heard it’s wonderful party. Some characters that you don’t normally see in the parks will be there. I have hoppers also so we can be more flexible with our plans. Did you reserve your dining? We are doing the Candlelight processional on Christmas Eve. It sounds like you have a great plan so far.
Thanks! We're skipping the party, since most of the options will be going on during Christmas week anyway. We have hoppers too, and I'm hoping that will help. I'm thinking we'll just schedule our 3 fast passes per morning, and then try to play the rest of the day by ear based on moods and crowds.

Thanks! We're skipping the party, since most of the options will be going on during Christmas week anyway. We have hoppers too, and I'm hoping that will help. I'm thinking we'll just schedule our 3 fast passes per morning, and then try to play the rest of the day by ear based on moods and crowds.
We’ve been a few times over this week with the current fast pass system, and what we do is make rope drop to do rides in the morning, break after lunch (even us big people nap sometimes over this week) and then go back to the parks late afternoon/evening for fast passes then.
If you can’t make rope drop, then no guarantees this will work, but we don’t bank on being able to make 4th or beyond fast passes this week other than maybe a few options at magic kingdom sometimes. If it happens, great, but we plan to use our passes when the lines are longer and do standby in the first few hours the parks are open.
Good filler options if you choose to stay rather than break at MK include things like Tom Sawyers Island, carousel of progress, hall of presidents, country bear jamboree, tiki room, etc. You might have some wait, but far from the 2+ hour wait lots of other things will have in the middle of the day that time of year😊
Epcot usually has holiday story tellers that you can go through the countries to see, and even older kids don’t mind doing things like the Agent P activities around world showcase when it’s too busy to wait in line.
Animal Kingdom you can take that time to walk the trails or try out the Wilderness Explorers stops.
Hollywood studios is anyone’s guess right now!
For our sanity we reserve at least one meal a day to guarantee a break from the madness. I strongly suggest checking out mobile order for quick service if you plan on doing those during your trip, and of course trying to eat at off times can help some.

Have not used this persona in ages. Never could get it to work so changed years ago- literally. Was skipping WDW this December because of GE but could not resist. Currently POP dec 14-20 but may go week early hoping for smaller crowds.

Please add us to the roll call. We're going for our fist Christmas time trip. We went for New Years in 2006 as Christmas was winding down. Our dates are December 14-21 at POP. We're taking our grandson for a few days before our daughter joins us. We have tickets to MVMCP for the 17th. I'm so looking forward to all the Christmas decorations and fun.

Have not used this persona in ages. Never could get it to work so changed years ago- literally. Was skipping WDW this December because of GE but could not resist. Currently POP dec 14-20 but may go week early hoping for smaller crowds.
I’m thinking the week before won’t be any less busy given the fact that the final piece of Star Wars Galaxy’s Edge opens on Dec 5

We are going the same time as BonnieBea and initially tried the week before but resort availability was limited at the values and moderates. I think I read that there is a cheerleading convention (Pop Warner).

Last edited:
Roll call! 12/27-12/30, split stays, DVC. So does anyone have an Epcot Fireworks Cruise planned? Not sure if they're even available, haven't checked, but DS &I would love to rent seats on your cruise. Not interested in MK cruise. Tyia:fish:

12/5 to 12/10 staying at SSR. our first time going for the holidays, and it also my 53 birthday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!