*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

Can we talk Galaxy Edge rides? I am so confused. Do they have FP's for them? Do you make any type of reservation and if so when does that happen?

Can we talk Galaxy Edge rides? I am so confused. Do they have FP's for them? Do you make any type of reservation and if so when does that happen?

We plan on rope dropping, hitting Toy Story first then hitting Galaxies Edge. I'm holding out hope that they'll extend the extra extra magic hours to December. Currently you can get into HS as early as 6am. This is happening until Nov. 2nd for now. I'm holding out hope that they'll push this out to December/January because of the other ride opening up on December 5th. But no word yet on whether or not that is actually going to happen.

We have a jammed packed schedule for our trip 12/2-7!
Candlelight Processional dinner package at Garden Grill for the 8:15 show with Neil Patrick Harris
Mickey's Very Mery Christmas party
Oga's Canteen
Fantasmic Dessert dining
Story Book Character meal

If we have time, we want to also do the Christmas Tree Trail and Stitch Scavenger Hunt at Disney Springs; the cookie stroll at Epcot; monorail resort hop to see decorations.

No FP’s. Standby only.
We plan on rope dropping, hitting Toy Story first then hitting Galaxies Edge. I'm holding out hope that they'll extend the extra extra magic hours to December. Currently you can get into HS as early as 6am. This is happening until Nov. 2nd for now. I'm holding out hope that they'll push this out to December/January because of the other ride opening up on December 5th. But no word yet on whether or not that is actually going to happen.
Ugh, this is so hard to plan. Now I'm thinking I should just switch my HS days to EMH days.

The SW Dessert party has special characters? Sadly, no SW fireworks in December as they've replaced them with Jingle Bam, Jingle Jam (which I'm not a fan of, those elves annoy the hell out of me, LOL!), but I may consider a future SW Dessert party if they've got special characters...
Not 'unique' I guess, but without the line - Stormtroopers, Jawas, Kylo Ren, and Chewbacca and BB-8

Found the new thread! My daughter (28) and I (66 year old mom) are booked for Dec. 9-14 off site at Fairfield Inn and Suites Lake Buena Vista for the TWENTIETH ANNIVERSARY of our very first mom/daughter trip to WDW in 1999 !!! She was only 8 years old and yet it seems like yesterday. Now she's an all-grown-up Star Wars fanatic and we are super - excited!!

So my daughter and I (both adults) are visiting from 17 to 26 December and at the moment I have not bought an airline baggage allowance so only carry ons. What would you pack? I am guessing lots of layers. I have never visited at this time of year so I would love to hear your thoughts.

So my daughter and I (both adults) are visiting from 17 to 26 December and at the moment I have not bought an airline baggage allowance so only carry ons. What would you pack? I am guessing lots of layers. I have never visited at this time of year so I would love to hear your thoughts.
I think that layers are the best way to go for planning at this point in time. The weather is difficult to predict in December (we were fine in t-shirts and jeans the first week in 2017 but the next week people were wearing jackets and gloves). A week or so before you should have a better idea, but I know that it is hard to wait until then!

Candlelight Processional Narrator List is now Complete:

• Ming-Na Wen
  • November 29 through December 1
  • Neil Patrick Harris
  • December 2 through December 5
  • Whoopi Goldberg
  • December 6 and 7
  • Isabella Rossellini
  • December 8 through 10
  • Chita Rivera
  • December 11 through 12
  • Gary Sinise
  • December 13 through 15
  • Pat Sajak
  • December 16 through 18
  • Warwick Davis
  • December 19 through 21
  • Steven Curtis Chapman
  • December 22 through 24
  • Edward James Olmos
  • December 25 and 26
  • Marlee Matlin
  • December 27 and 28
  • Lisa Ling
  • December 29 and 30

So an easy FP day. SDD 60+3 am; FOP 60+5 and 7 am and 7DMT 60+4 and 8 am. I was anticipating terrible choices over the Christmas period so I am very happy. I hope that others got what they wanted to.

Any tips for Christmas week family of six! Ages 11,10,5, and 2. 22-27 wont be doing Christmas party. I’m not sure what two days to do MK and then one day at HS another another day at Epcot any tips?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter