*** The Official December 2019 thread ***

My question exactly! We've been there for Christmas before, but didn't have a dining package for the parade. After our last trip, I swore I'd never do another parade without some kind of special viewing 😜 So I made the ADR for Tony's, but then realized they dont have an opening time early enough for the noon parade. I guess no chance they open earlier during the holidays (afterMVMCP are over) for that first parade?
Yes! A breakfast ADR with noon parade viewing would be amazing!

One other question- anyone looking for things like the dessert parties or EP fireworks dining packages that aren't available yet for December? Could everyone please note on here when you see December dates open up?
I've been watching for the JBJB dessert party & I'll post on here if I see it come up

One other question- anyone looking for things like the dessert parties or EP fireworks dining packages that aren't available yet for December? Could everyone please note on here when you see December dates open up?

I'm watching too. We want to try the Frozen dessert party. Any thoughts from anyone that has actually done it? Is it worth it?

Please add us. We are going Dec 28th to Jan 3rd and staying at CBR for Skyliner into Batu!

This is our first time going over the holidays, so I’m trying to get my head around the crowds. I’ve grabbed as many reserved options as I can and we will do lots of table service meals to guarantee ourselves a place to sit down.

We have the candlelight processional package our first night. On New Year’s Day I’ve grabbed both the Tony’s reserved parade viewing and the early fireworks dessert party, which I’m really excited about. We’re going to head back to the room fairly early and hope everybody else is tired on New Year’s Day when we head to SWGE.

We snagged Oga’s reservations and Savi. I’ve also got reserved Rivers of Light viewing one night but will give that up if I can get a dessert party in EPCOT or something Star Wars related.

What I really want now is for the new Space themed restaurant to open in EPCOT.

I hope this is a good plan and will make the crowds easier to deal with.

Please add us. We are going Dec 28th to Jan 3rd and staying at CBR for Skyliner into Batu!

This is our first time going over the holidays, so I’m trying to get my head around the crowds. I’ve grabbed as many reserved options as I can and we will do lots of table service meals to guarantee ourselves a place to sit down.

We have the candlelight processional package our first night. On New Year’s Day I’ve grabbed both the Tony’s reserved parade viewing and the early fireworks dessert party, which I’m really excited about. We’re going to head back to the room fairly early and hope everybody else is tired on New Year’s Day when we head to SWGE.

We snagged Oga’s reservations and Savi. I’ve also got reserved Rivers of Light viewing one night but will give that up if I can get a dessert party in EPCOT or something Star Wars related.

What I really want now is for the new Space themed restaurant to open in EPCOT.

I hope this is a good plan and will make the crowds easier to deal with.
I think you have planned wisely. We are returning for our second Christmas. Table service adrs and special events provide a welcome respite from the crowds.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Even if we just want a light lunch, I’d rather be in a sit-down restaurant that has sandwiches and salads on the menu than fighting to get a table at a quick serve. Mobile ordering was great on our last trip, but we still had trouble finding a table (and that was in April).

Question — do they release holiday themed magic bands as our dates get closer?

I’m very excited about finding this post! We are coming from the UK for an extended trip - it’s going to be amazing!
Please add me to the list:
12/12 - 01/08 - LeeDonald - POFQ & GDT

I’m very excited about finding this post! We are coming from the UK for an extended trip - it’s going to be amazing!
Please add me to the list:
12/12 - 01/08 - LeeDonald - POFQ & GDT
Welcome! I did a double take when I added your dates to the roll call, but I get it with the travel time required.

This is cool. Our family will be there 12/28-1/4 at BWI. Cant wait. Wish I reserved earlier. :).

Just booked a surprise trip for my daughter and I from 17 to 26 December. I am going to surprise her on her 26th birthday, just a few weeks before we leave. Have to keep 🤐 until then. Is it crazy to not make any ADRs and just lounge hop?

We don’t go to the lounges, so I can’t speak as to how crowded they were last Christmas. Except for Christmas Eve dinner and pretty much anything Christmas Day lunch and dinner, there were plenty day before and/or last minute ADRs available most days when we visited 12/22-12/27. We tweaked several meals while at WDW.

My mom, my youngest son and I will be at Pop Century 12/7-12/12. Needed a quick Disney Christmas fix.

So where is everyone choosing to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? I am undecided between Narcoosee, Boathouse or Flying Fish.

So where is everyone choosing to eat on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day? I am undecided between Narcoosee, Boathouse or Flying Fish.

I have a Garden Grill CP for Christmas Eve and Liberty Tree Tavern for Christmas day. I have never been to Narcoosee, Boathouse or Flying Fish. Do you plan spending Christmas Eve or Christmas Day in the parks?

Do you plan spending Christmas Eve or Christmas Day in the parks?
Yes, it is a surprise trip as a birthday gift for my daughter (25) from 17 to 26 December. My son is travelling in Latin America for a year and I know that my daughter and I will be lost without him over Christmas, so I thought that a surprise trip for the two of us would be fun. I have booked a Christmas party for 22nd. We are visiting WDW next week for a couple of weeks and my daughter is in my family and friends list, so I have had to create a dummie MDE account to make ADRs for December. I managed to get an ADR for Oga’s but it is in the dummie account, which has no tickets attached, so I am not sure how that will work. 🤷‍♀️ All the other ADRs I have made are outside the parks.

Yes, it is a surprise trip as a birthday gift for my daughter (25) from 17 to 26 December. My son is travelling in Latin America for a year and I know that my daughter and I will be lost without him over Christmas, so I thought that a surprise trip for the two of us would be fun. I have booked a Christmas party for 22nd. We are visiting WDW next week for a couple of weeks and my daughter is in my family and friends list, so I have had to create a dummie MDE account to make ADRs for December. I managed to get an ADR for Oga’s but it is in the dummie account, which has no tickets attached, so I am not sure how that will work. 🤷‍♀️ All the other ADRs I have made are outside the parks.

We will be there from Dec 22-Jan 1. Luckily, my kids school vacation is extended this year so I won't have to pull them out. I'm still torn between going to the Christmas party or not. I plan on arriving early afternoon. We're driving so I don't have to worry about flying and delays. I was able to get an ADR for Oga's too. It's coming up quickly. In less than 2 months we can make FP reservations :)

Just booked out Ultimate Disney Christmas package. We will be at OKV from Dec. 21st - Dec. 26th and at the party on the 22nd. Can't wait! Since the kids are grown and no families of their own yet, we decided to have some fun this year.

We'll be in WDW for Christmas! Dec 21 - 26; Staying in a Polynesian Studio Villa on rented DVC points.
Have been in WDW for mid-Dec at the AKL and Art of Animation before, but first time over actual Christmas!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter