*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Taking a poll. We are currently leaving Friday at ~1:55 landing at 4:45 p.m. I planned to go to work for a few hours - the airport is in walking distance from one of our offices. My DH planned to take the day off.
Knowing thunderstorms tend to be at our landing time, I can switch us to an earlier flight.

THE CATCH:
The only flight that lands earlier leaves at 6:10 a.m. (yes, there is a 6 AM! I've only seen it a few times, certain meetings, surgery, and when my children were newborns). We would have to leave our house at 4. AM. 4 in the morning!
I think you see my issue. I'd have to stay up like I do the night before whenever I am hosting a party at my house becuase there is no way I am getting up at that time. We've had early departures home in the past and I would sell my soul and others' to not get up that early.

Of course, we would be at WDW at 9:00 a.m. (my preferred weekend awakening time) and not have to worry about thunderstorms, hopefully. DVC so the room will very, very likely not be ready. We will have a car. - shoot I prepaid and would have to deal with that change.

The flight would be slightly more $ but we saved exactly that in credits already so it would be a wash.

What would you do. Keep the flight or change it?
That is a no-brainer for me but we often start work at 5am so the early rise doesn’t bother me in the slightest. We actually fly out at 0600 for our big trip later in the month. I sure would hate to be delayed due to weather....

We used the advice here to get to both AK and HS early. We were off SDD and FOP and in line for other attractions before actual park opening.

It’s super hot for us Michiganders but we are having fun.

Michigan!!!! That's where we live! Get it? > ✋ Do you see me? :laughing:

Last edited:

9 more days! We leave Aug 27th Happy Dance Time!!! Oh just watch me or hey, join me!!!!

:dancer:
:dancer:
:dance3::dance3::dance3:
I have to work Monday and Tuesday....then we fly out Wednesday morning for our 1 night stay at Pop for SWGE PREVIEWS. Then I work midnight shift Thursday (land at 5pm, have to be at work at 9pm) o_O
Off Friday, work Saturday and Sunday then fly out for real Monday Aug 26! So that’s 5 more work shifts and 7 more sleeps. My granddaughter will turn ONE on September 7 and her party theme is Alice in Wonderland..party on that Sunday after we return. Back to work on Sept 9...

Last edited:

We are here now, having a great time but changing plans. Going to drop Storybook dining for 5 tomorrow at 4:25. Anyone interested? I am happy to try and coordinate.

Just got here this morning... Magic Kingdom was AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME! Crowds are great, wait times are a little high but not as high as they're posted! Decompressing at VGF and will be headed back out for dinner at MK soon!

We leave tomorrow, and of course, now I start to freak out a bit. Coming home from our last trip, my husband had excruciating sinus pain during landing. This will be his first time flying since, and I'm worried. I can't believe he agreed to fly again, albeit reluctantly. Now I'm feeling guilty, and just praying it doesn't happen again. Doctor said to take a decongestant 30 minutes before boarding, and have Excedrin on hand in case of pain. Fingers and toes are crossed.

We leave tomorrow, and of course, now I start to freak out a bit. Coming home from our last trip, my husband had excruciating sinus pain during landing. This will be his first time flying since, and I'm worried. I can't believe he agreed to fly again, albeit reluctantly. Now I'm feeling guilty, and just praying it doesn't happen again. Doctor said to take a decongestant 30 minutes before boarding, and have Excedrin on hand in case of pain. Fingers and toes are crossed.

Oh no poor guy, I feel his pain! Yes, my ENT told me to use Saudafed 30 minutes prior to departures and it works! He also recommend chewing gum I also use Aleve and bring a pack of tissues.

And if you have time, check this out too, most helpful for us sufferers: Easy Massage

Joining In.!

Super Late BUT as they say "Better Late Than Never"!!

This is a (early) birthday trip for us. I'm September 7th, DS 8 is September 9, DD11 is September 11th...(BTW-my mom is September 23rd and my youngest sister is September 28th)!! September is a BUSY month for us!!!! LOL.....Lots of cake!!!

We fly from Philly this coming Thursday, August 22nd and return Saturday, August 31st!

Split stay. Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel. Myself, DH, DD 12, DS 8, DS 6

Some new things we will experience this trip:

-Chuck park days - Meaning explore park from rope drop until 2ish and that's it! We usually RUN, RUN, RUN! We are going to enjoy our resorts, pools, and The Boardwalk! Walk around, get some ice cream and funnel cake, watch the entertainment and maybe catch Epcot fireworks from Stormalong Bay!! Apparently Beach Club also have some activities for the kids...thinking of doing some of those too!
-Hoop Dee Doo Revue! - My Birthday Meal Pick! Dinner and a show; plus we get to see another resort.
-My first experience on a Disney Bus! We usually rent cars and my DH is a BIG HERTZ fan....so it's kinda exciting!
-My daughter will be surprised with a in-room gift at Hard Rock with park to park tickets for her birthday! She wants to be at Universal and hopes to ride Hagrids.
-I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at Beach Club for our birthday!! A cake!!! I'm so excited to eat some Disney cake!
-My husband also has an in room surprise planned for me when we check into the Beach Club...I cant wait to see my surprise and hope I don't get too emotional!
-We will be trying Fantasia Mini Golf. We love playing mini golf as a family and we've NEVER been..so we are all looking forward to it.
-AND........Our 1st time at Animal Kingdom. We've been to the other parks but always steered clear of the park due to thinking it was pretty much like a zoo just bigger. But after watching TONS of videos; we all want to go. The safari, pandora, tree of life and EVEREST!!

Whew...that's a lot of new experiences but we are looking forward to time together as a family.

Got some more packing done today with the idea of bringing carry ons only. Flying Southwest. This will be a challenge but I'm sure we'll manage.

Gotta charge and download movies on the tablets for the kids too! Need them in "chill mode".

Love reading everyone's trip updates and trip plans! It keeps the excitement brewing until it's "my turn"!!!!!!

P.S. My Disney counter is severely outdated! Gotta change that! LOL

Oh no poor guy, I feel his pain! Yes, my ENT told me to use Saudafed 30 minutes prior to departures and it works! He also recommend chewing gum I also use Aleve and bring a pack of tissues.
View attachment 427242

And if you have time, check this out too, most helpful for us sufferers: Easy Massage

Thank you for the link! I’ll definitely refer to it. This August planning group has been so great! Time to see how the best laid plans of men actually work out at the house of mouse... :)

Checked in awhile ago for our first stay at WL to discover we were upgraded to CL! Ds7 was asking as we walked in if we were staying club and I told him no. :) Nice surprise! Off to Whispering Canyon for dinner and chill for the night. Busy 2 days ahead!
I hope you are loving WL and CL! We've done club there a couple times, love it, we prefer it to CL at the GF actually. We're at CSR currently and severely missing my lodge!

We are also finding the parks NOT that crowded :thumbsup2 This is our 5th trip this year and definitely lowest crowds so far. At 9:15 tonight PP had a 20 minute wait which you never see!

I hope you are loving WL and CL! We've done club there a couple times, love it, we prefer it to CL at the GF actually. We're at CSR currently and severely missing my lodge!

We are also finding the parks NOT that crowded :thumbsup2 This is our 5th trip this year and definitely lowest crowds so far. At 9:15 tonight PP had a 20 minute wait which you never see!

By any chance are you staying in the Tower? We are thinking of staying there end of Jan. Perhaps Standard room w/Club.

wow, I've got a lot to catch up on. I had carpal tunnel surgery friday so haven't really been around the past couple days but will get caught up soon. I'll also start my trip report once I get these stitches out and can type better then one finger typing...UGH!

Joining In.!

Super Late BUT as they say "Better Late Than Never"!!

This is a (early) birthday trip for us. I'm September 7th, DS 8 is September 9, DD11 is September 11th...(BTW-my mom is September 23rd and my youngest sister is September 28th)!! September is a BUSY month for us!!!! LOL.....Lots of cake!!!

We fly from Philly this coming Thursday, August 22nd and return Saturday, August 31st!

Split stay. Beach Club/Hard Rock Hotel. Myself, DH, DD 12, DS 8, DS 6

Some new things we will experience this trip:

-Chuck park days - Meaning explore park from rope drop until 2ish and that's it! We usually RUN, RUN, RUN! We are going to enjoy our resorts, pools, and The Boardwalk! Walk around, get some ice cream and funnel cake, watch the entertainment and maybe catch Epcot fireworks from Stormalong Bay!! Apparently Beach Club also have some activities for the kids...thinking of doing some of those too!
-Hoop Dee Doo Revue! - My Birthday Meal Pick! Dinner and a show; plus we get to see another resort.
-My first experience on a Disney Bus! We usually rent cars and my DH is a BIG HERTZ fan....so it's kinda exciting!
-My daughter will be surprised with a in-room gift at Hard Rock with park to park tickets for her birthday! She wants to be at Universal and hopes to ride Hagrids.
-I ordered a cake to be delivered to our room at Beach Club for our birthday!! A cake!!! I'm so excited to eat some Disney cake!
-My husband also has an in room surprise planned for me when we check into the Beach Club...I cant wait to see my surprise and hope I don't get too emotional!
-We will be trying Fantasia Mini Golf. We love playing mini golf as a family and we've NEVER been..so we are all looking forward to it.
-AND........Our 1st time at Animal Kingdom. We've been to the other parks but always steered clear of the park due to thinking it was pretty much like a zoo just bigger. But after watching TONS of videos; we all want to go. The safari, pandora, tree of life and EVEREST!!

Whew...that's a lot of new experiences but we are looking forward to time together as a family.

Got some more packing done today with the idea of bringing carry ons only. Flying Southwest. This will be a challenge but I'm sure we'll manage.

Gotta charge and download movies on the tablets for the kids too! Need them in "chill mode".

Love reading everyone's trip updates and trip plans! It keeps the excitement brewing until it's "my turn"!!!!!!

P.S. My Disney counter is severely outdated! Gotta change that! LOL

Hi! I'm flying from Philly on Thursday too. I think the flight is at 2pm. We'll also be staying at the BC for most of our trip. Maybe we'll run into each other.

wow, I've got a lot to catch up on. I had carpal tunnel surgery friday so haven't really been around the past couple days but will get caught up soon. I'll also start my trip report once I get these stitches out and can type better then one finger typing...UGH!

Hope you heal quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!