*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

You're right, silly me! I'm needlessly working about the wrong thing. :-)

Although, while we do have a connection to start, there are a lot of alternatives if something goes wrong.

I practice what I preach - no worries :rotfl:

I'm thinking of flying out earlier to avoid landing during thunderstorm time.
But those people that aren't packed ^^^^ OMG - can I please just come and get it done for you? Stuff happens. You do not want to be at the emergency vet, or have a flat tire or a last minute work thing or a sick child, or a broken washing machine - please let me pack for you. I get nervous reading about it.

Last edited:

Well, our road trip is here at last, heading out at the crack of dawn. Car is all packed except for our road snacks that I have to gather after dinner tonight. We are driving from MA, so we have stops in VA and GA, hopefully the weather isn't too wild when we hit the South.
We should arrive on Disney property on Monday morning! We are beyond excited!!! :yay::car::dance3::mickeyjum

We drive from RI once in awhile and stop in the same places. I love having the entire car to pack. NO TSA.

Doing all our packing tomorrow :thumbsup2 plane leaves 10:30am Sunday! DS13's summer basketball team made it to the championships so that game is tomorrow along with moving new furniture into my moms apartment because why not?? But it'll all get done and it'll make the day go quick!

We will arrive at the Wilderness Lodge one week from today. We are also paid in full using Disney gift cards bought at Target with a 5% discount. That savings really adds up when you are staying for 7 nights. :)

We will be there on the opening day for both Food and Wine and SWGE. I need to do a little research on the F&W menus. The food is always best on the opening day. :) We are going to "maybe" try to see SWGE at night, after the crowds have gone home.

I practice what I preach - no worries :rotfl:

I'm thinking of flying out earlier to avoid landing during thunderstorm time.
But those people that aren't packed ^^^^ OMG - can I please just come and get it done for you? Stuff happens. You do not want to be at the emergency vet, or have a flat tire or a last minute work thing or a sick child, or a broken washing machine - please let me pack for you. I get nervous reading about it.

So true. My friend just broke her foot 12 hours before departure time for a 10-day vacation.

I gather my stuff together as it comes out of the wash for two weeks before a trip. The travel toiletries live in their bag permanently. Final packing mostly involves counting everything and double-checking that I haven't run out of floss. I could be done in 15 minutes if I weren't ridiculously thorough.

So true. My friend just broke her foot 12 hours before departure time for a 10-day vacation.

I gather my stuff together as it comes out of the wash for two weeks before a trip. The travel toiletries live in their bag permanently. Final packing mostly involves counting everything and double-checking that I haven't run out of floss. I could be done in 15 minutes if I weren't ridiculously thorough.

Feeling your friend's pain and stress.

My DH used to be a last minute packer - and then we had a weather thing - we usually fly separately because my schedule is more flexible and I like to get things in order in our room (shocker). Anyway, I recall a storm situation and the difference between him getting to go on vacation or being trapped in a blizzard at home was getting stuff in a bag and getting on the last flight out. We also had something happen once along the lines of a power outage or some house thing that had him still awake and packing at 5:00 a.m. while having to be at work a few hours later with a flight to follow.

Posting a quick update on crowds for those wondering.

Yesterday at MK felt like a 5 or 6, but we managed to do almost every ride in the park by 4pm, didn’t wait longer than 20min for anything.

Not as good of luck at HS today. Feels like a 5 or 6 again, but waits are long across the board. We’ve been stuck in the FP line for RnRC for 20minutes not moving, ride must be down. All other are 60+ minute waits. We did get a 2pm RnRC FP but haven’t had success refreshing. We’ll probably leave here around lunch seeing as we can’t really get anything done.

We are sadly home from our vacation and I want to go back LOL!! Weather was as expected...VERY hot and humid with showers popping up during the afternoon. I don't know what we would have done without our cooling towels. Parks were crowded which was expected as well. Magic Kingdom was a madhouse Wednesday and Thursday evening. There were a lot of rides that suddenly were shut down during this trip. FP lines were longer than I have ever seen....we did have long waits. We fell in love with Woody's Lunch Box...so good!! GE looks amazing (from what I could see from Slinky). Planning our next trip soon!!

We are all packed and ready to go. Leaving the house tomorrow morning around 4am. I can't wait for dinner in 12 hours at Via Napoli.
I hope you get some sleep tonight! My alarm clock was set for 3am the morning we left and I got a half hour of sleep that night. Crazy!! Have fun!!

We are sadly home from our vacation and I want to go back LOL!! Weather was as expected...VERY hot and humid with showers popping up during the afternoon. I don't know what we would have done without our cooling towels. Parks were crowded which was expected as well. Magic Kingdom was a madhouse Wednesday and Thursday evening. There were a lot of rides that suddenly were shut down during this trip. FP lines were longer than I have ever seen....we did have long waits. We fell in love with Woody's Lunch Box...so good!! GE looks amazing (from what I could see from Slinky). Planning our next trip soon!!

These are not good things. Rides suddenly shutting down. We experienced that last September.

Taking a poll. We are currently leaving Friday at ~1:55 landing at 4:45 p.m. I planned to go to work for a few hours - the airport is in walking distance from one of our offices. My DH planned to take the day off.
Knowing thunderstorms tend to be at our landing time, I can switch us to an earlier flight.

THE CATCH:
The only flight that lands earlier leaves at 6:10 a.m. (yes, there is a 6 AM! I've only seen it a few times, certain meetings, surgery, and when my children were newborns). We would have to leave our house at 4. AM. 4 in the morning!
I think you see my issue. I'd have to stay up like I do the night before whenever I am hosting a party at my house becuase there is no way I am getting up at that time. We've had early departures home in the past and I would sell my soul and others' to not get up that early.

Of course, we would be at WDW at 9:00 a.m. (my preferred weekend awakening time) and not have to worry about thunderstorms, hopefully. DVC so the room will very, very likely not be ready. We will have a car. - shoot I prepaid and would have to deal with that change.

The flight would be slightly more $ but we saved exactly that in credits already so it would be a wash.

What would you do. Keep the flight or change it?

One week from today is my first day of retirement. Training my replacement has been unbelievably stressful and I can't wait for it to be over. One week and one day we will be arriving at the Wilderness Lodge and just walking into that lobby will be heavenly. :)
We will arrive at the Wilderness Lodge one week from today. We are also paid in full using Disney gift cards bought at Target with a 5% discount. That savings really adds up when you are staying for 7 nights. :)

We will be there on the opening day for both Food and Wine and SWGE. I need to do a little research on the F&W menus. The food is always best on the opening day. :) We are going to "maybe" try to see SWGE at night, after the crowds have gone home.
We’ll shoot. I was hoping to be able to wish you a happy retirement in person. We are staying at YC/BCV until sept2 and don’t arrive at CCV until the 4th.
Leaving the house at 3:00 am. Guess I should start packing 😂🤣🤷‍♀️
😱😱😱
You're making me feel much better about my incomplete packing today. We don't leave until a reasonable hour on Sunday. (36 hours!)
Today I packed for my 12 day trip that doesn’t start until Aug 26 and packed a small bag for our 1 night trip this Wednesday. I can’t believe I had that much available underwear :rotfl2:

QUOTE="Wood Nymph, post: 60968085, member: 444989"]

😱😱😱

Today I packed for my 12 day trip that doesn’t start until Aug 26 and packed a small bag for our 1 night trip this Wednesday. I can’t believe I had that much available underwear :rotfl2:

I felt the same way when I packed for this weekend away with my Disney trip already packed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!