*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

How do you get through this last day of work?? and what happened to my signature, hows it going to stop working like that boooooo still only ONE MORE DAY!!! Just wondering for anyone thats been there the last couple days, has the rain been washing your park days out or are they just the usual afternoon showers? Looks like its going to be a humid one next week! one more day one more day one more day

So many people are leaving this week.

I took today off to get some stuff done. I made a Target run today to get some more clothes for the trip & am currently getting my hair done. Tomorrow DD & I get our nails done. I don’t normally get mine done but she’s been wanting to go so I figured it’s perfect timing. The boys are away this weekend so we’re doing all the stuff the girls weekend stuff we can. Going to see Lion King tonight too.

LAST DAY!!! LAST DAY!!! LAST DAY!!! LAST DAY!!! LAST DAY!!!

✅ Checked in with Southwest (A group)
✅ Everything laid out ready to pack later this afternoon
✅ All Disney documents printed (and copied to phone as pdf)

Just 1 more sleep (that is, if I can sleep?). Early flight tomorrow. Should be home at Pop Century around 9:30 AM. And then in Hollywood Studios by 10:30 AM.

We CAN'T wait!!!

That sounds so nice! How do you become considered for that? My dad is a veteran too.

I don't think I responded to this - sorry! (if I did, I apologize for a duplicate post). the Veteran of the Day is chosen randomly. I have no idea how they determine. For us, I was in line with my dad at Guest Services to purchase the military memory maker. The CM asked what we were there for and we told her and bless my father who loves to talk started telling her about his two tours in Vietnam and how his helicopter was shot down. She asked to see his military ID and then after he showed her she walked over to someone else. When we then had our turn at the counter there was a lot of action going on with people talking and coming up to the CM who was then helping us purchase it. Finally, another CM, Brick, came over and asked my dad about our plans to which my dad said "whatever my daughter here has in store for me" and then he asked dad if he would like to be a part of the flag retreat. I definitely teared up!
Funny story that I don't think I said on here (sorry again if repeating): My mom was outside taking pictures of the kids - who knows where DH was lol - anyway Brick, the CM stopped and asked if he could take a picture to have my mom in it but then he got a phone call. He excused himself, took the call and then said he could take a quick picture before he had somewhere to be. Turns out, the call when he was talking to my mom was from another CM informing they picked the Veteran and requested him inside to talk! This was all figured out when Brick was walking and saw my mom again and then noticed my dad. He then said "wow I was taking your picture and the call I received was about your husband, this was truly meant to be today." This day it rained right at 5:00 so we did not have the barbershop quartet or the band playing for the ceremony but it was still just as special. It killed my mom not to put her poncho on during the ceremony as we told her not too for pictures sake lol (they did supply us with umbrellas so it wasn't too bad!) I'm sorry if I bother anyone still talking about it but it's just one of those things that will stick with you forever and I'm so happy for my dad.

Well, our road trip is here at last, heading out at the crack of dawn. Car is all packed except for our road snacks that I have to gather after dinner tonight. We are driving from MA, so we have stops in VA and GA, hopefully the weather isn't too wild when we hit the South.
We should arrive on Disney property on Monday morning! We are beyond excited!!! :yay::car::dance3::mickeyjum

One week from today is my first day of retirement. Training my replacement has been unbelievably stressful and I can't wait for it to be over. One week and one day we will be arriving at the Wilderness Lodge and just walking into that lobby will be heavenly. :)

I don't think I responded to this - sorry! (if I did, I apologize for a duplicate post). the Veteran of the Day is chosen randomly. I have no idea how they determine. For us, I was in line with my dad at Guest Services to purchase the military memory maker. The CM asked what we were there for and we told her and bless my father who loves to talk started telling her about his two tours in Vietnam and how his helicopter was shot down. She asked to see his military ID and then after he showed her she walked over to someone else. When we then had our turn at the counter there was a lot of action going on with people talking and coming up to the CM who was then helping us purchase it. Finally, another CM, Brick, came over and asked my dad about our plans to which my dad said "whatever my daughter here has in store for me" and then he asked dad if he would like to be a part of the flag retreat. I definitely teared up!
Funny story that I don't think I said on here (sorry again if repeating): My mom was outside taking pictures of the kids - who knows where DH was lol - anyway Brick, the CM stopped and asked if he could take a picture to have my mom in it but then he got a phone call. He excused himself, took the call and then said he could take a quick picture before he had somewhere to be. Turns out, the call when he was talking to my mom was from another CM informing they picked the Veteran and requested him inside to talk! This was all figured out when Brick was walking and saw my mom again and then noticed my dad. He then said "wow I was taking your picture and the call I received was about your husband, this was truly meant to be today." This day it rained right at 5:00 so we did not have the barbershop quartet or the band playing for the ceremony but it was still just as special. It killed my mom not to put her poncho on during the ceremony as we told her not too for pictures sake lol (they did supply us with umbrellas so it wasn't too bad!) I'm sorry if I bother anyone still talking about it but it's just one of those things that will stick with you forever and I'm so happy for my dad.

What is a military memory marker?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!