*** The Official August 2019 thread ***

Hi, we'll be at the Boardwalk from 8/9-8/12. We got a good deal on a one bedroom through Priceline so my daughter is bringing a friend for the first time.

We are planning on the Epcot dessert party so I'm patiently waiting for the dates to open. We did Hallowishes a few years ago but that was mainly for the parade viewing so I'm looking forward to another dessert party.
You've been added to the Roll Call.

I plan things ahead. Re: next summer, I was already talking to my sister about this same week in August. We were thinking about splitting the week - half at the beach and half at Universal. I have never been to Harry Potter World (or Universal for that matter). I thought we would stay onsite at Universal so we could get the skip the line pass (or whatever its called). I figured I would take DS1 and DS2 to Universal - in 2020 they'll be 8 and 11. My DD will be 5 then and my parents would likely take her to Disney while the rest of us do Universal. BUT DS2 really does not like roller coasters, so now I am wondering if I should NOT take him to Universal??? My husband has actually been reading the HP books to DS2 and they're on the last book. I think he would like going to HP world minus the roller coasters...

At some point again I am going to stay offsite at Disney - but re: onsite hotels, I am still interested in trying Beach Club, so wondering if I should try the bounceback offer when I am there this summer or what? How could I fit 3 of us going to Universal? I suppose I am not opposed to some nights at Disney and 1 (?) night at Universal? Idk how many days I need at Universal and if we should plan to do other things aside from HP. Thanks for any thoughts if you've done this!

We are looking to do a dessert party during our stay. Has anyone done any? What did you think?

We did the MK Happily ever after (garden view) and the HS Star Wars Dessert parties. It was our first time doing any of them but for us the MK was the better of the two. Star wars was fun but we actually enjoyed the food selection more at MK and the fireworks show as well. But again they were both nice so I'm sure you'll have a great time whichever you pick!

If other people are checking to book things that are full - I want to reiterate the advice to keep checking. I just happened to check EMM for TSL again, and there was availability today for the day I wanted! Idk whether I am going to keep it or not, but for now, I have it. I can cancel it up to one day in advance (like ADRs), so my one friend told me to at least keep it until I see what FPs I can get - which I think is a good idea.

I plan things ahead. Re: next summer, I was already talking to my sister about this same week in August. We were thinking about splitting the week - half at the beach and half at Universal. I have never been to Harry Potter World (or Universal for that matter). I thought we would stay onsite at Universal so we could get the skip the line pass (or whatever its called). I figured I would take DS1 and DS2 to Universal - in 2020 they'll be 8 and 11. My DD will be 5 then and my parents would likely take her to Disney while the rest of us do Universal. BUT DS2 really does not like roller coasters, so now I am wondering if I should NOT take him to Universal??? My husband has actually been reading the HP books to DS2 and they're on the last book. I think he would like going to HP world minus the roller coasters...

At some point again I am going to stay offsite at Disney - but re: onsite hotels, I am still interested in trying Beach Club, so wondering if I should try the bounceback offer when I am there this summer or what? How could I fit 3 of us going to Universal? I suppose I am not opposed to some nights at Disney and 1 (?) night at Universal? Idk how many days I need at Universal and if we should plan to do other things aside from HP. Thanks for any thoughts if you've done this!

If I'm doing a Universal/ Disney split, we like to book 3 nights at Universal to enjoy both parks and make time to enjoy the resort pool. The rest of the days we go to Disney.

If I'm at Disney, we always book a bb. There is no downside to it. The dates don't always work for us a year later, but we've had some success changing dates and if we can't make it work, we just cancel.

We just barely make the August 2019 grouping ;)

WHO: Me, my BF, my mom, my dad, my sister (celebrating her 21st), cousin 1, cousin 1's BF, cousin 2 (celebrating her 30th), cousin 2's BF, aunt, uncle, cousin 2's friend and her BF (total of 13)
DATES: August 29 - September 5
HOTEL: Caribbean Beach

So I just booked a split stay on top of the vacation in my signature. Added 2 extra nights at the end. Gonna be a great vacation!

Arrivial Riverside
MK
Epcot
Off day/CRT DINNER
AK
HS and arrival Caribbean Beach
Off Day/Epcot Dinner
MK
Depart

Curious, what's the roll call for?

I have a question about the Star Wars opening. We are there August 7-17 so it probably won't be impacting us, but I'm curious about a 'soft opening'. I realize this is where they practice run the new ride, but how does it work? Do they open it up to everyone? Or, do CM's just randomly invite guests to try the ride? Is it something that we should be looking for when we are in DHS? Or is it completely random / luck? We like Star Wars but aren't huge fans; however, if the opportunity arose for us to try the ride, we would. TIA

Checking in for August 2019. This will be our 3rd consecutive August trip. Arriving the evening of August 14th and leaving August 20th. So far all I have booked is our return flight because when I checked Southwest today it was down from $103 (which I already thought was decent) to $87. We're bringing my mom this time so our trip will be different. Getting 2 rooms for more space. The plan is for my mom and my daughter (who will be 16 by then) to share one room and for my son (age 9) and me to share the other one. Hopefully we can get adjoining rooms; but I know it isn't guaranteed. I haven't booked the rooms yet; but our usual stomping ground is All-Star Movies and that's where the children want to stay.

So far considering it going like this:

August 14th arrival in the evening. My mom and I have to work part of the day so looking at flights several flights after 5.
August 15th: Magic Kingdom morning to early afternoon/pool and resort evening
August 16th: Epcot from around 10am to dinner (dinner at either an Epcot restaurant or an Epcot resort restaurant)
August 17th: Animal Kingdom (not sure of timeframe yet; but want my mom to see Festival of the Lion King)
August 18th: Hollywood studios
August 19th: Pool/resort morning to early afternoon/Magic Kingdom evening
August 20th: tentative character brunch (Crystal Palace booked currently) and a couple of favorites at MK
August 20th: tentative brunch at Boma to check out Animal Kingdom Lodge

Flight home departs MCO at 5:15 so DME pickup should be around 2.

Here are my tentative plans. Happy to hear any comments :)
8/19: Arrive, MDE from airport, check in to hotel, eat dinner, check out pool if time
8/20: AK in AM, Tusker House lunch, hotel/pool midday, DHS in PM
8/21: TSL EMM so DHS in AM, back to hotel / pool midday, 1900 Park Fare dinner, MK in PM
8/22: Blizzard Beach in AM, dinner at Biergarten, Epcot in PM
8/23: EMH at MK and MK in AM, lunch at BOG, back to hotel / pool midday, dinner at Sana’a, AK in PM
8/24: Breakfast at Boma, DME to airport

Here are my tentative plans. Happy to hear any comments :)
8/19: Arrive, MDE from airport, check in to hotel, eat dinner, check out pool if time
8/20: AK in AM, Tusker House lunch, hotel/pool midday, DHS in PM
8/21: TSL EMM so DHS in AM, back to hotel / pool midday, 1900 Park Fare dinner, MK in PM
8/22: Blizzard Beach in AM, dinner at Biergarten, Epcot in PM
8/23: EMH at MK and MK in AM, lunch at BOG, back to hotel / pool midday, dinner at Sana’a, AK in PM
8/24: Breakfast at Boma, DME to airport

We loved our stay at AKL. We had dinner at Boma but plan to try it for breakfast on a future trip. Sounds like a fun diverse plan!

Please add us to the roll call. We will be at the WL from August 24 to 31st. It will be our longest stay ever but I just had to add a couple of days to our trip when I found out about SWGE. I am also excited about F&W opening up while we are there.

I have a question about the Star Wars opening. We are there August 7-17 so it probably won't be impacting us, but I'm curious about a 'soft opening'. I realize this is where they practice run the new ride, but how does it work? Do they open it up to everyone? Or, do CM's just randomly invite guests to try the ride? Is it something that we should be looking for when we are in DHS? Or is it completely random / luck? We like Star Wars but aren't huge fans; however, if the opportunity arose for us to try the ride, we would. TIA
we happened to be at the Beach Club the week before Pandora opened. We are annual pass holders and got invited to a soft opening. As far as I can remember the soft openings were only for cast members, the invitation only pass holders and I think some VP’s.

We are hoping for a soft opening, too. It would be so much better than the general public one. :)

Go evening everyone.
My name is Corrine and our trip this year is July 30-August 5th and we are staying at CBR.
It will be myself and my 4 kids ages 17, 14, 12, and 9 at time of trip. Can't wait to get to know everyone better.
Now time to go back and start reading. lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!