*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Me too! Which just adds to my confusion. :upsidedow
I'm thinking 10 days at Pop and 5 days at the Poly.
We really want to try Poly, but every year we keep going back to Beach Club for our deluxe portion of the trip. TBH we love POFQ so much and would love a couple of weeks there too, but rarely a discount or BB offer for POFQ. Some day we will go to the Poly ::yes::. Good luck deciding!

We really want to try Poly, but every year we keep going back to Beach Club for our deluxe portion of the trip. TBH we love POFQ so much and would love a couple of weeks there too, but rarely a discount or BB offer for POFQ. Some day we will go to the Poly ::yes::. Good luck deciding!
This will be our third Poly trip. I just can't bring myself to book another deluxe. And yeah. Free dining at POFQ without having to pay the difference to upgrade to TS? I love reminiscing about the good old days. :teeth:

The deals were released TODAY? I haven't seen them yet and we are on their list. I will have to keep my eyes out. WooHoo!!!

EDIT: does anyone have the Labor Day code they could share? I haven't heard from our TA though I know we're on the email/mailing list.

Last edited:
This will be our third Poly trip. I just can't bring myself to book another deluxe. And yeah. Free dining at POFQ without having to pay the difference to upgrade to TS? I love reminiscing about the good old days. :teeth:

We switched from Poly to POR + free dining in 2015 and had a blast. This might be our last trip while the kids are still 'young' since DS is now a Disney adult, so we thought we'd go deluxe. I will miss 'free' dining though, takes a lot of thought out of food purchases.

The deals were released TODAY? I haven't seen them yet and we are on their list. I will have to keep my eyes out. WooHoo!!!

EDIT: does anyone have the Labor Day code they could share? I haven't heard from our TA though I know we're on the email/mailing list.
I emailed to get a quote a few weeks ago and my 'magical' TA sent me a quote yesterday (so I assume they just came out yesterday). I don't have a code though... she just booked it for me. Good luck getting a deal:-). My oldest is now 18, so I have to pay $28 extra per night because it's an extra adult in the room (even though the same number of people :crazy2:)

I don't have a code. Just email your TA. I don't think it's on their website yet.

We switched from Poly to POR + free dining in 2015 and had a blast. This might be our last trip while the kids are still 'young' since DS is now a Disney adult, so we thought we'd go deluxe. I will miss 'free' dining though, takes a lot of thought out of food purchases.

I love a great deluxe deal and I can't give up free dining. My biggest dilemma is trying to figure out if I should add my Poly stay before or after my Pop FD stay. I've done it both ways in the past. Both ways have advantages/disadvantages. Neither way is wrong. That's for sure. :)

Hey everyone! We are looking to the beginning of August with my family and I think my parents! My parents were supposed to come with us this past summer or winter, but my dad had knee surgery and wasn't able to get the time off, so DH and I took advantage and went ourselves in at the beginning of August and we are taking our kids over Christmas week. We are hoping for either a good bounce back or a deal from our TA since we are going to need 2 rooms. I don't want to stay in a value (had awful experience this August and vowed we won't go value again if we have too) so really hoping for a good deal at POR or CSR. Fingers crossed!

Might be worth considering an offsite stay. We usually travel as a family of 5. With our daughter being 23 now, son at 14, and my mother along, cramming everyone into one room, and sharing beds is not an option. We found that for less than it would cost us to get two rooms on site, we can rent an entire house, with full kitchen and laundry, and the kids each get their own room. We save money making breakfast in the room, and doing laundry, plus we get a private pool right in the back yard.

Any thoughts on if they will have MNSSHP in August again this year? We went in 2013 (October) and I am secretly hoping they DO NOT offer it in August again like 2017 as we'll probably make one of the last park days MK, but that's me. It's a fun party, but we won't be in the Halloween frame of mind yet.

I am hoping for the first party or two to be in August, as we are travelling at the end of the month, and hoping that we get the opportunity to go to a party. It has been a few years since we've been able to attend one.

I am hoping for the first party or two to be in August, as we are travelling at the end of the month, and hoping that we get the opportunity to go to a party. It has been a few years since we've been able to attend one.

I made the mistake of telling my DD9, and now she is really hoping they hold it during our trip also, LOL. Getting ready to book our resort tomorrow! :cheer2:

I made the mistake of telling my DD9, and now she is really hoping they hold it during our trip also, LOL. Getting ready to book our resort tomorrow! :cheer2:
I told my kids too, but they are a good bit older at 14 and 23, so not quite as excitable. I would say there is at least a fair chance that the first party will be early again next year. I, of course, will be very impatiently awaiting the announcement for the 2018 party dates. I have learned over the years, that there is often a tip off in the form of days when the MK is scheduled for an early closing. Typically, the schedule comes out well before the party dates are actually announced.

We actually aren't going to do August next year so you can remove me from the list. :guilty: BUT we are going to go in November! :yay: Jersey Week here we come. It was a hard decision to make because of the awesome deals you can get at the deluxes in August but we want to try to see some Christmas decorations and try out Food and Wine.

With LaNouba ending in December, and Cirque Du Soleil having recently purchased Blue Man Group, does anyone here think we may see a complete renovation of the theater, followed perhaps by either a change to a Blue Man Group show, or maybe some sort of schedule that alternates a Cirque show and a Blue Man Group show?

And, more relevant to this thread, anyone think that what ever it is that replaces La Nouba has any chance of being up and running by August?

The fact that they haven't even announced anything yet, makes me a bit nervous, but it makes sense to me that if it is at all possible, they would want what ever is planned to be up and running for the busy summer season.

Very preliminary and not sure on resort but looking to do 8/3 to 8/10- this will be our longest WDW trip ever as a family. And honestly ever in our lives. We know we won't do a split stay so just trying to figure out our budget for the trip and where'd we like to stay. We've done some values and our first moderate was POR and we loved it. I'd love to go back there but really want to try something new. I am the planner and the one that dots all the i's and crosses the t's.....so w/ that said, I am already driving myself wacky with excitement. Our only major hurdle for not yet booking is we are trying to see if we can make this a Disneyland trip. Just waiting on our numbers and then we pull the trigger, I'd be excited at either Disney!

Does anyone know when Disney releases the dates for 2018 MNSSHP? We are going in later August and would love to try it if they offer August dates....

Does anyone know when Disney releases the dates for 2018 MNSSHP? We are going in later August and would love to try it if they offer August dates....

You should be able to tell by the park hours when those are released (~ 6 months out, right now they have up through mid-April showing). You'll see a pattern of MK closing at 7 pm, and that will be the clue.

You should be able to tell by the park hours when those are released (~ 6 months out, right now they have up through mid-April showing). You'll see a pattern of MK closing at 7 pm, and that will be the clue.
Yup, that is how we know. It isn't a guarantee, but pretty likely if they have a 7 pm scheduled closing, there is going to be a party that night.

I am in for August 2018 with my granddaughter. 5th-13th at Pop. I booked a free dining bounceback during my August 2017 visit. My friend and her teenage girls are coming with the 1st 6 nights at Pop. I am really excited because 8 night at disney w a 5 day hopper ( I may add park days or water park option after we arrive and see how it goes) We check out the 13th and then check into Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando for 5 nights! My husband, adult stepdaughter and her 2 boys will meet me and granddaughter there for 6 more days of fun!

:wave2: Hi there! I finally got around to update the roll call. Please check if your dates/resorts are correct. I tried my best, but mistakes happen. Let me know if I need to correct or update something.

And :welcome: to all the new people who have joined our August thread! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!