*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Well, that was an ugly wake up! DH had to get up early to catch a 7am ferry so I got up when his alarm went off at 5! I managed to get everything I wanted, although not at the exact times I would prefer but I can try and move stuff around in the coming days. (And yes, I know that some of the things I got FP+ for are not ones that I need but there were a couple of parks where I really didn't know what else to grab!)

As of right now I have:
Aug 20 - Epcot
FEA 9:45
The Seas 10:45
M:Space 11:45
Dinner @ Le Cellier 5:25

Aug 21 - HS
ToT 9:35
RnRC 10:35
Lunch @ 50's PT 12:15
Alien SS 1:25
SW dessert party 8:30

Aug 22 - no park day, may do a water park
Dinner @ Morimoto Asia 6:15

Aug 23 - MK
Space 9:20
7DMT 10:40
Lunch @ LTT 11:45
BTMRR 1:45
HEA Dessert party 7:30

Aug 24 - AK
EE 9:15
Up! Show 11:30
FOP 4:00
Dinner @ Tiffins -ROL viewing 5:15

Aug 25 - no park day
Dinner @ Sanaa 5:20

Aug 26 - Epcot
Breakfast @ GG 8:50
TT 10:00
Spaceship Earth 11:10
M:Space 12:25
Dinner @ R&C 5:15

Aug 27 - AK
EE 9:30
FOP 10:40
Lunch @ Y&Y 11:45
Safaris 1:30

Aug 28 - MNSSHP
Breakfast @ Boma 9:35
"Dinner" @ BOG 4:30
Party @ 7

Aug 29 - HS
SDD 9:40
RnRC 10:40
Star Tours (DH, DS) 11:50
ToT (me) 11:55
Lunch @ Sci Fi

you can get Fast passes for your Halloween party night if you wish...I did 330-430, 430-530, 530-600

they let you in at 4pm

you can get Fast passes for your Halloween party night if you wish...I did 330-430, 430-530, 530-600

they let you in at 4pm

Thanks, we have BOG dinner at 4:30 so I don't think we will have time to fit in any FP either before or after. We are not looking to do any character meets during the party so we will be able to focus on rides, trick or treats and the shows.

I’ll be there too! Got mine the first round. As for FPS i got all I wanted but they are all later day. My DH and DD will not get up and out and I’m not going midday. Kills me because I could have gotten anything I wanted but they are night owls. Can’t do late night and early morning, just doesn’t work for us.

I think this will be the last early morning trip for awhile, I have a tween who has been sleeping later and later...

I think this will be the last early morning trip for awhile, I have a tween who has been sleeping later and later...

Yep I have a 13, soon to be 14, year old and my husband is also slow as molasses in the morning. Lots of pool mornings for us, which isn’t horrible because they are pretty empty early in the day.

Yep I have a 13, soon to be 14, year old and my husband is also slow as molasses in the morning. Lots of pool mornings for us, which isn’t horrible because they are pretty empty early in the day.

Pool mornings do sound nice!

had an EXCELLENT FP morning. 7am sharp

had NO website troubles at all (minus the regular algorithms that don't show all the available times if you don't know how to search properly)

we are there for 14 days (10 in park tickets + 3 Halloween parties)

got FP for 12 days (10 regular and 2 Halloween...our third Halloween is on a reg ticket day so we couldn't double up)

couldn't get a morning for SDD at 60+3 but got 930 am SDD for 60+8 + 60+12

got FOP easily 2x cause we go 60+7 + 60+11

didn't have to deal with SDMT, PP or Pooh cause we have EMM 2x during trip so MK fp was easy

The Epcot character meet and greet is now tier 1 (I don't think it was before)...kinda sucks cause Epcot Tier 2 is a wasteland lol

our 2 halloween night FP were for 330-430, 430-530, 530-600

for whoever was looking for 8/27 Hollywood Studios SDD info, there are some LATE am left and aft, eve still

I think it's awesome you're doing 3 Halloween parties! :maleficen
We're going to do 2!
Enjoy!

for whoever was looking for 8/27 Hollywood Studios SDD info, there are some LATE am left and aft, eve still

Thank you! That’s pretty much what I figured. It won’t be so easy getting the SDD FP for morning, but less easier with a larger group.

Thank you! That’s pretty much what I figured. It won’t be so easy getting the SDD FP for morning, but less easier with a larger group.
DHS was our 60+3 and the earliest we could get SDD was around 2:00. Since we want to take an afternoon break I ended up grabbing a later one, 5:30. I would have preferred to hit TSL all at once, but will still rope drop AS2 and then hit TSMM.

DHS was our 60+3 and the earliest we could get SDD was around 2:00. Since we want to take an afternoon break I ended up grabbing a later one, 5:30. I would have preferred to hit TSL all at once, but will still rope drop AS2 and then hit TSMM.

DHS will be our 60+1 so I'm holding onto no hope that'll we'll be able to get a party of 9 in the AM, even if we try and split into smaller, overlapping groups. Our plan is to rope drop SDD and hopefully we'll have TSMM FP for the morning. We're going to wait and see how the lines are for AS2 to see if there's any possibility of rope dropping both.

Thanks, we have BOG dinner at 4:30 so I don't think we will have time to fit in any FP either before or after. We are not looking to do any character meets during the party so we will be able to focus on rides, trick or treats and the shows.
That’s a good plan… My first DHS Day was 60+3 and I didn’t even try for a slinky dog
DHS will be our 60+1 so I'm holding onto no hope that'll we'll be able to get a party of 9 in the AM, even if we try and split into smaller, overlapping groups. Our plan is to rope drop SDD and hopefully we'll have TSMM FP for the morning. We're going to wait and see how the lines are for AS2 to see if there's any possibility of rope dropping both.
The benefit of the new rides is that toy story mania has a much greater availability nowadays… you may be able to get a fast pass for the morning for that

My FP day is tomorrow!! EEK! A couple of things are throwing a wrench into my plans.....I have a 5 day hopper plus but am there for 8 days. I think I am upgrading to an annual pass but haven't completely made my mind up yet. So I'm looking at EP arrival day, AK and MK one day, HS at night for EMH, and 2 other days between AK, MK and EP. Plus 2 waterpark days. I am making FPs for myself tomorrow but now my cousin may join me on my trip. She doesn't have a ticket as yet.....how hard do you think it would be to modfy FPs from 1 to 2 people if necessary?

My FP day is tomorrow!! EEK! A couple of things are throwing a wrench into my plans.....I have a 5 day hopper plus but am there for 8 days. I think I am upgrading to an annual pass but haven't completely made my mind up yet. So I'm looking at EP arrival day, AK and MK one day, HS at night for EMH, and 2 other days between AK, MK and EP. Plus 2 waterpark days. I am making FPs for myself tomorrow but now my cousin may join me on my trip. She doesn't have a ticket as yet.....how hard do you think it would be to modfy FPs from 1 to 2 people if necessary?
May be easier to just try for one at same or near times you have your FPs for. And don't get discouraged if stuff isn't there until day of or day before. We go visit DD and she often gets FP for her for nearly same times as we do the night before or even day of. We've gotten even hard ones like FoP and pp and Tsmm same day for one.

May be easier to just try for one at same or near times you have your FPs for. And don't get discouraged if stuff isn't there until day of or day before. We go visit DD and she often gets FP for her for nearly same times as we do the night before or even day of. We've gotten even hard ones like FoP and pp and Tsmm same day for one.

@Monykalyn Awesome!! Thank you, that is very reassuring! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter