*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

Have you seen reports that they are opening an option at the contemporary. It reportedly will include character interactions and dinner. Time is shorter and I think $65 a kid 4-12.

Google-ing this ASAP! Thanks!

That’s a total bummer! I wonder why? That’s like my favorite planning tool.
My guess, because too many non-travel agents were using them. Before they stopped putting them up, they changed the URL format for them, then they stopped publishing them all together. I think they changed the URL to try to make it more difficult for the general public to find them, then when that didn't work, they went by by.

Unfortunately the Disney website isn’t usually the most accurate. Over the past 10+ years I’ve been able to get the one I linked which has always been super accurate.

Confused I was posting a link to the new kids club program that is starting in April and will ultimately be the replacement for the ones that they are closing in July.

MK hours have changed on August 21st from 9-6 to 9-9 for anyone there that week. So no Halloween party that day as some were watching for! MK is still closing at 6 on the 17th and 24 as of now. 17th seems too early for a Halloween party to me and I’ve seen some say it’s a private event but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. We are hoping for a party night on the 24th- which honestly seems early too but works for us since we’ll be there anyway.

MK hours have changed on August 21st from 9-6 to 9-9 for anyone there that week. So no Halloween party that day as some were watching for! MK is still closing at 6 on the 17th and 24 as of now. 17th seems too early for a Halloween party to me and I’ve seen some say it’s a private event but I guess we’ll have to wait and see. We are hoping for a party night on the 24th- which honestly seems early too but works for us since we’ll be there anyway.
Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. If the 21st has regular hours now, I really can't see them starting MNSSHP on the 17th. The 24th as a start date seems more logical.

Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. If the 21st has regular hours now, I really can't see them starting MNSSHP on the 17th. The 24th as a start date seems more logical.

A British Travel Company already posted dates and according to them the first date IS Aug 17.

i-JRCpkSJ-M.jpg

A British Travel Company already posted dates and according to them the first date IS Aug 17.

i-JRCpkSJ-M.jpg

I read that in the MNSSHP thread. It's so strange that they have this info. but there has been no official announcement. Was this British travel company privy to this info. Ahead of time last year too? I wonder.

I read that in the MNSSHP thread. It's so strange that they have this info. but there has been no official announcement. Was this British travel company privy to this info. Ahead of time last year too? I wonder.

Don't know about last year, but I remember the dates "floating" around before they were announced, as I had them in my planning spreadsheet before they were official.
I searched for this website where it was posted (the one I posted the snippet from) and it is a legit Travel Company in Britain.
They also offer Free Dining WAY before it is announced in the US. Booked with the Brits several times.

Happy I found this thread. :earsgirl: Family and I will be there the end of August then off to the Dream for a land and sea adventure!! Third trip as a family 2nd time at the POP. Looking forward to the renovated rooms.

i-JRCpkSJ-M.jpg
Wow... while we have always wanted to do a Halloween Party, we haven't been able to (need to get back home for school / University / sports) we could actually do the 17th this year. But... for the first time ever, we booked club level at the Beach Club (3 nights) and we really want to enjoy the lounge and wandering in and out of Epcot at night. We are only planning on doing Epcot (maybe DHS) during our club level stay from Aug.17-20. I was hoping the 17th wasn't a party day just so I didn't have to make this decision lol. Good problem/decision to have to make I guess:-)

Yes it is early, but I suppose we will succumb to temptation if the party happens on the 17th since we've never been to MNSSHP.

I definitely think you should check it out. I know it is early but I mean is there ever a bad time for costumes and candy ;) ??

We spent some time this morning trying to think of a group costume that would work in the sweltering heat. Leave it to Disney to have me working on Halloween costumes in March lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter