***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

Very odd booking experience today. Contract is in Kidani. Went in at 8am trying to book value room. When I clicked checked availability both studio and 2BR came up as available for my dates and after I clicked to secure the room, it says the dates are outside of my booking window. Shouldn’t Jambo and Kidani be treated as both beings home resorts? Why would Jambo rooms be outside of the 11 month window?
I believe that is the message you get if the room is no longer available.

ETA, I'm assuming you were trying to book right at 11 months.

I believe that is the message you get if the room is no longer available.

ETA, I'm assuming you were trying to book right at 11 months.
Yes right at 11. It did show as available but as I clicked through it then said it was outside the booking window. I guess it shows multiple people that it’s available and it’s still a race to click through?

Yes right at 11. It did show as available but as I clicked through it then said it was outside the booking window. I guess it shows multiple people that it’s available and it’s still a race to click through?
Before 8 it shows as available to everyone. You then get however many people trying to book it but only 1 person (or however many rooms happen to be available) that get to the next screen where they have the reservation locked in. I was one of the ones trying to grab a value studio this morning and didn't get it either.

Ok thanks! (Newbie here so would appreciate some tips) So just to clarify a bit. I clicked “check availability” at 8am - and it showed up as one of the options that had full availability for the nights selected. Is that the right place to be at 8am or is there some other screen that I should be at? Thank you!

Ok thanks! (Newbie here so would appreciate some tips) So just to clarify a bit. I clicked “check availability” at 8am - and it showed up as one of the options that had full availability for the nights selected. Is that the right place to be at 8am or is there some other screen that I should be at? Thank you!

You can get one step further prior to 8:00. You would then just click on 'Continue'. Just know that for Value Studios and 2 BR's the odds are still very low of actually getting it.

Alright thanks a lot! Will try that. Yes, I know ithey are hard to get... just trying to learn the system as well as I can before my actual planned 11 month window opens :) I suspect I’ll have to learn the fine art of walking too... but if I understand correctly unless I can get the first day booked, I can’t even do that. I assume people are walking for fall/ thanksgiving right now. Does that mean I should wait few weeks before trying for the weeks around Xmas?

Alright thanks a lot! Will try that. Yes, I know ithey are hard to get... just trying to learn the system as well as I can before my actual planned 11 month window opens :) I suspect I’ll have to learn the fine art of walking too... but if I understand correctly unless I can get the first day booked, I can’t even do that. I assume people are walking for fall/ thanksgiving right now. Does that mean I should wait few weeks before trying for the weeks around Xmas?

That is correct about the first night. Unfortunately we didn't decide on this trip until yesterday and I'm about a week out from my 11 month date. Any time there is a chance to get in right now I'll try it until my 11 month mark comes. Tomorrow it looks like there is no chance to get started at all so I will have to wait another day or two to try again. I'm sure there are likely people walking now for fall and/or early Dec. I don't mind walking but don't personally start it that far out. If I had have known we were going to plan a Sept trip sooner I probably would have started looking a few weeks ago just to have more shots of getting it started.

Last edited:

That is correct about the first night. Unfortunately we didn't decide on this trip until yesterday and I'm about a week out from my 11 month date. Any time there there is a chance to get in right now I'll try it until my 11 month mark comes. Tomorrow it looks like there is no chance to get started at all so I will have to wait another day or two to try again. I'm sure there are likely people walking now for fall and/or early Dec. I don't mind walking but don't personally start it that far out. If I had have known we were going to plan a Sept trip sooner I probably would have started looking a few weeks ago just to have more shots of getting it started.
Oh I was wondering about that too. So if it now says tomorrow is waitlist only then it’s likely that tomorrow is not a good day to try. Good luck! I hope you are able to get the rooms you need

Quick question - how did you book the last 6 nights if the first two were not available? Doesn’t the first night have to be available before you can book the rest? Thanks!

So we were unable to book the stay on the first night or the second night we wanted. I had almost given up, but went on 11-months in front of our third day and were able to book the last six nights of our trip. I then waitlisted the first two nights, one came through almost right away, and the first night came through about 3 months later.

Oh I was wondering about that too. So if it now says tomorrow is waitlist only then it’s likely that tomorrow is not a good day to try. Good luck! I hope you are able to get the rooms you need
Yeah, 11 months from tomorrow is already booked up so no point trying. I see the 22nd is available now so there is some walking going on. If I can't get my own started then I'll try to grab days as the get released by walkers.

Yeah, 11 months from tomorrow is already booked up so no point trying. I see the 22nd is available now so there is some walking going on. If I can't get my own started then I'll try to grab days as the get released by walkers.
And unlikely to be released by anyone walking, right?

So we were unable to book the stay on the first night or the second night we wanted. I had almost given up, but went on 11-months in front of our third day and were able to book the last six nights of our trip. I then waitlisted the first two nights, one came through almost right away, and the first night came through about 3 months later.
Aha. That was what I thought might have happened. Got it. Glad to know I’m starting to understand all this.

And unlikely to be released by anyone walking, right?
They can't drop tomorrow's date yet without dropping their entire reservation. Walkers couldn't drop the 24th until the 25th. It would require someone who has a reservation with tomorrow's date to drop their entire reservation or shorten their reservation to end the 23rd.

Would you choose Kidani Studio Savannah View or a Studio in Jambo House Savanna View? Cant decide witch one is better. We stayed this year 8 nights at AKL and liked the mara and the View. DVC is all on the 5 floor in Jambo House? Can you see the animals still good?

Witch one would you choose?

Witch one would you choose?

I prefer Jambo house, but I have to say if I were to get a Savannah view ever again, I would go to Kidani instead. I think the Jambo house Savannah view is too high up to really be all that great. I would go with Kidani and ask for a lower floor.

I prefer Jambo house, but I have to say if I were to get a Savannah view ever again, I would go to Kidani instead. I think the Jambo house Savannah view is too high up to really be all that great. I would go with Kidani and ask for a lower floor.

Thanks. But SV has to much points for the 5 nights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter