***The Official AKV Owners And Lovers Thread***. Come And Chat

I chose Jambo for our pre-cruise stay a few years ago after doing extensive research. We were a group of eleven family members and we were there for three full non-park days. I preferred a single level grand villa in order to keep a better eye on the kids and not have to worry about them tumbling down the stairs. The guys in the group took full advantage of the pool table during our stay which isn’t available at Kidani. We never felt cramped and had a reasonable amount of privacy when needed. It’s hands down one of our favorite stays in WDW.
Thank you!! :thumbsup2

Just snagged the last 6 of our 8 night planned stay next February in a value room! The first two nights I couldn't get even going on at 8 AM, but I got lucky this morning. We're actually booking two rooms, but I don't have enough points for 2 standard rooms the full 8 nights, so really hoping to get a value room for one of them. Still need to get the first 2 nights -which I've waitlisted, but also hoping maybe some people walking rooms to get to the Princess marathon will open up the two days I need. Waitlisting value rooms can be pretty futile. We'll see with only two night maybe I'll have a shot.

Edit 6 hrs later: I already got one of the two nights in the value. Now just missing the first night of our trip....crossing fingers some walker will give one up in the next few days.

Last edited:

1 bedroom at Kidani for 2 couples--4 adults?
Staying on my points (friends haven't even offered to contribute to cost, but still might as trip is first part of November ), so we would be getting the bedroom .
Thoughts about 2 adults on the sleeper sofa? Would probably be for 3 or 4 nights. I currently have all but one night at our home resort in a 2 bedroom at BWV. Can't seem to get the Saturday night, so thinking of doing a split stay.We have stayed at Kidani before--love the resort and the second full bathroom is good for another couple. Only stayed with our 2 kids when they were little and the sleeper sofa was fine for them.

Staying on my points (friends haven't even offered to contribute to cost, but still might as trip is first part of November ), so we would be getting the bedroom .
Thoughts about 2 adults on the sleeper sofa? Would probably be for 3 or 4 nights. I currently have all but one night at our home resort in a 2 bedroom at BWV. Can't seem to get the Saturday night, so thinking of doing a split stay.We have stayed at Kidani before--love the resort and the second full bathroom is good for another couple. Only stayed with our 2 kids when they were little and the sleeper sofa was fine for them.

If there is an issue there's also the sleeper chair so they could split up for the night. We've had a couple of guests elect to use the sleeper chair at OKW and BLT and they thought the comfort was fine.

My husband and I spent just shy of a week on the pullout couch while my mom and her husband stayed in the master. It was pretty uncomfortable but doable. Everything else about the room was fantastic, we would do it again. Not sure if I would want to give up nights in a 2 bedroom though even though I much prefer AKV to BWV.

How's availability for standard studios looking like for th first two weeks of February? My wife and I haven't decided when we're going and we're still waiting for closing docs on our contract.

How's availability for standard studios looking like for th first two weeks of February? My wife and I haven't decided when we're going and we're still waiting for closing docs on our contract.

The board actually don't allow availability questions. Just from previous knowledge I doubt you need to worry especially if you are closing soon.

Weird i would have never thought it would be member services and not resorts where you could ask about general availability.

Weird i would have never thought it would be member services and not resorts where you could ask about general availability.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear. The DISboards have requested that this not be a question asked anywhere - Member Services board, Resorts board etc. The availability can change a lot so it really doesn't matter as we can't see how many rooms are available plus it could easily become the question of the day, every day, by people who are in similar positions or those hoping to rent points.

Oh sorry, I wasn't clear. The DISboards have requested that this not be a question asked anywhere - Member Services board, Resorts board etc. The availability can change a lot so it really doesn't matter as we can't see how many rooms are available plus it could easily become the question of the day, every day, by people who are in similar positions or those hoping to rent points.

Seems it's allowed but only on MS:

Questions about "What are my chances of getting a reservation" should be asked on the DVC Member Services Forum. We do ask that requests about availability for specific dates NOT be asked or answered since such availability can (and will) change. General availability questions like "What are my chances of finding a SSR Studio at 7 months for late August" are welcome on the DVC Member Services Forum.

Seems it's allowed but only on MS:

Questions about "What are my chances of getting a reservation" should be asked on the DVC Member Services Forum. We do ask that requests about availability for specific dates NOT be asked or answered since such availability can (and will) change. General availability questions like "What are my chances of finding a SSR Studio at 7 months for late August" are welcome on the DVC Member Services Forum.

And I took your request to be about specific dates. First two weeks of Feb - yes, I guess it's generic. And I answered - generically. :)

How is the availability of the 2 bedrooms at the 7th month mark? We are buying at CCR but are planning a trip with the extended family in a couple years. Everyone loves AKL. We are looking to get 2, 2 bedroom units for like 4 days.

How is the availability of the 2 bedrooms at the 7th month mark? We are buying at CCR but are planning a trip with the extended family in a couple years. Everyone loves AKL. We are looking to get 2, 2 bedroom units for like 4 days.
Here’s a link to the thread about studio & 1 br. availability https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...-studios-1-bedrooms-june-2018-update.3689931/ 2 bedrooms at Jambo will be as hard to get as studios there since all of the Jambo 2 br.s are lock offs - a studio + 1 br. - so when a studio is booked that takes a 2 br. out of inventory as well. Kidani 2 br.s should be available longer than the Kidani studios in the charts on the above thread since Kidani also has dedicated 2 br.s which aren’t impacted by studio bookings.
I’ve been looking at availability trying to decide what to do w/ a few extra points & at present for AKV studios in February the values and concierge villas are gone, but so far both Jambo and Kidani are otherwise still available. Of course there’s no way to know from looking at the member site whether there’s 1 villa left or several villas still available.
One of my favorite things to do when I bought my first DVC contract once I had access to the member site was to check availability just to get a feeling for how fast things booked. Generally values and CLs are hard to get even at 11 months on the dot, and Jambo is harder to get than Kidani (far fewer villas at Jambo.)

Usually, Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents' Day is the lowest DVC demand time of the year. Except for one new factor, you should have a good chance for a standard studio, more likely Kidani rather than Jambo. The new factor is Star Wars. What we do not know is how much that new theme park section will have on overall demand in 2020.

You do not say what time of year and that can make a big difference. Getting two 2BRs at Kidani, savanna view and often also standard view, is typically fairly easy to do between the Monday after marathon weekend in Jan to late Sep, DVC's low to moderate demand season at WDW, with possible exception for the Princess half-marathon weekend in late Feb and the Star Wars Race weekend in April, which are the highest DVC demand times during that low to moderate season. Getting two 2BRs at Jambo is more difficult but even those, particularly savanna view, are open at least 50% of the time in that low to moderate season.

Between late Sep and marathon weekend in Jan, DVC's high to extremely high demand season, it becomes more difficult, even at Kidani, particularly for standard view, and even for savanna view during the extremely high demand times: the Thurs before Columbus Day to second weekend after Columbus Day, the Wine & Dine race weekend (Thurs to Sun) in early part of November, the last weekend of Food & Wine before mid-Nov (Thurs to Sun unless Veteran's Day is the Monday and then it is the Thurs through Mon), the Tues through Fri of Thanksgiving week, the first and second week of Dec, Dec 23 through Jan 1, and the Thurs to Sun of marathon weekend in Jan.

Last edited:
I was fortunate enough to grab a Savannah View Room at Jambo House and I was curious if anyone had a recommendation on Room Requests. Suggestions would be helpful.

I was fortunate enough to grab a Savannah View Room at Jambo House and I was curious if anyone had a recommendation on Room Requests. Suggestions would be helpful.

I would suggest request the main savannah (Arusha). Last time we requested a block of about 8 rooms and they didn't put us anywhere close. Never hurts to ask though.

I'm a new owner and just booked my first stay with points in a Savanna View Studio at Jambo for October...I'm so excited!!

Congrats! We are currently at AKV in a Savannah Studio for our 1st stay as DVC members.

I’ll share specifics when we leave Monday but will say we are on the Zebra trail side and are happy. I also requested a room near lobby and can say it was accommodated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter