The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

It appears that the Tower Studios on the left have a much better view than the others. All the other videos I’ve seen show them overlooking the parking lot.

Thank you! Now i am even more excited to try in January when I’ll be by myself!

I saw a toaster in the cabinet above the microwave. I’ve seen others posts that say there is no toaster. Good news! Now if I can only find an answer about whether or not they removed the outdoor gas grills.

It appears that the Tower Studios on the left have a much better view than the others. All the other videos I’ve seen show them overlooking the parking lot.
I've noticed some places list Tower Studios as Preferred View which makes sense that its not a standard view.

Another quick question for anyone that’s been to Riviera. I saw that they have the freestyle coke machine but do they have a refillable mug station for coffee and soda? Is the freestyle machine the one you use with the refillable mug ? (That would be awesome). Also spoke with someone at DVC and was told they do NOT have any kind of outdoor grills. Wonder why?

Another quick question for anyone that’s been to Riviera. I saw that they have the freestyle coke machine but do they have a refillable mug station for coffee and soda? Is the freestyle machine the one you use with the refillable mug ? (That would be awesome). Also spoke with someone at DVC and was told they do NOT have any kind of outdoor grills. Wonder why?
Yep. Their drink mug stations are just like the others. Coke freestyle machines, hot coffee, hot water for tea, Golden Peak teas, all included in Drink Mugs. and for those that do not know, the drink mug works at all disney resorts so we like to take breaks at MK or Epcot area hotels on the monorail or boats and gets drinks and take an hour break.

Just checked into the a tower studio. Definitely a beautiful room, and the bathroom is fantastic. Love the Epcot view.

One thing that I wanted to mention is that the bed is so heavy that I am unable to close it on my own so I will have to keep it down for my stay (or call bell services for help). I had no trouble getting it down with one hand, but I didn’t have The strength to push it back up. That is definitely a two person job.

ETA: just another comment regarding the bed. Just for comparison, I have stayed at pop century on my own, and I had no problem closing that bed myself. I can’t raise this one more than a couple of inches on my own.

Last edited:
This is the closest thread I found for Riviera owners. Happy to join the club!

So this is my third night in the tower studio, and it is the quietest room I have ever stayed in on Disney property. I cannot hear my neighbors at all, and because they’re only three rooms down this little hallway you don’t get the foot traffic that you normally get.

Some further comments regarding the pulldown bed in the room. Some friends stopped by today and we played “who is strong enough to close the bed.” My adult female friend could only lifted a few inches like me. My adult male friend was able to lift it about a foot and was trying to push it up further and was struggling with it. The housekeeper who was picking up the trash was in the room at the time and he assisted with closing the bed. So it is really a two person job to close his bed. I just thought this was worth mentioning in case people didn’t know. In my opinion the fact that it takes two strong adults to close the bed makes the room a bit less functional then it could be. The housekeeper who was picking up the trash was in the room at the time and he assisted with closing the bed. So it is really a two person job to close his bed. I just thought this was worth mentioning in case people didn’t know. In my opinion the fact that it takes too strong adults to close the bed makes the room a bit less functional than it could be.

All that being said, the bed itself is super comfy. I know it’s a new mattress that has Only been in use for about six weeks, but it is one of the most comfortable mattresses I’ve had in a hotel anywhere.

Well that's "cozy". And it's more than several other DVC studios?

It does have a nice view though.

My shins started hurting looking at the bed corners.

Well that's "cozy". And it's more than several other DVC studios?

It does have a nice view though.

My shins started hurting looking at the bed corners.

I was stalking for a studio for the April 28 MK Moonlight Magic for weeks. That night, a Copper Creek studio is 17 points while a Tower Studio is 18 points. I booked a AKL standard studio for 16 points.

I just don’t know if the Tower Studios are worth the points they’re asking for.

Friends. This is the Riviera owners thread. You have like 800 other Riviera threads you can complain about the space on. We would not come to your home resort thread and start stating all the things we don’t care for about it. Thanks.

I like the Riviera. While I didn’t stay there, I was able to explore and have dinner at Topolinos. I enjoyed it so much, I eventually plan on buying a contract there. I just question if the Tower Studios are worth the points they’re asking. Standard Studios will be the rooms that are difficult to book and if you don’t own there, you’re not getting one.

I’m planning on staying at the Riviera in October as long as a preferred studio is available (standard are long gone for the dates I need).

Topolinos is now my second favorite Disney restaurant.

I was under the impression that discussion forums are for having a discussion about the resort, criticisms included.

I'm not a DVC owner but have been following this thread to prepare for our stay at the Riviera. We absolutely loved it! We had 5 adult-sized people in a Deluxe Studio (adults plus older teenagers) and was it roomy enough for us as we just used the rooms for sleeping and having breakfast in the mornings. There was plenty of space for luggage with the below-the-bed storage and large closet. Having access to 2 showers made a huge difference. We were in a standard view room but could still see the fireworks at Epcot which was a fun bonus. We thought Primo Piatto was very high quality for a quick service restaurant. We had apps, drinks and desserts at Topolino's one night and it was sooooo delicious. We enjoyed the atmosphere a lot more than California Grill, and our service was much better too, although that could vary based on many factors. We also loved the atmosphere of the resort in general, it was so peaceful by the water with the music playing. The Skyliner was such a fabulous way to travel, I couldn't believe how quiet it was, it felt so peaceful after a long day at the parks. Sooooo much better than the buses, and I liked it far more than the monorail and boats too. Our only issue was that it took over 5 hours for our luggage to arrive, but I know that happens every once in a while, and the issue was not anything to do with the Riviera - they knew we were waiting and pulled it as soon as it arrived at the resort. I've stayed at GF and BLT before and for us this was hands down the best.

Just added on at Riviera after eating and touring there last week. I would not recommend the tower studios. The bathroom is bigger than the sleeping area. But it did remind me of many of the European hotels I have stayed at.

I'm not a DVC owner but have been following this thread to prepare for our stay at the Riviera. We absolutely loved it! We had 5 adult-sized people in a Deluxe Studio (adults plus older teenagers) and was it roomy enough for us as we just used the rooms for sleeping and having breakfast in the mornings. There was plenty of space for luggage with the below-the-bed storage and large closet. Having access to 2 showers made a huge difference. We were in a standard view room but could still see the fireworks at Epcot which was a fun bonus. We thought Primo Piatto was very high quality for a quick service restaurant. We had apps, drinks and desserts at Topolino's one night and it was sooooo delicious. We enjoyed the atmosphere a lot more than California Grill, and our service was much better too, although that could vary based on many factors. We also loved the atmosphere of the resort in general, it was so peaceful by the water with the music playing. The Skyliner was such a fabulous way to travel, I couldn't believe how quiet it was, it felt so peaceful after a long day at the parks. Sooooo much better than the buses, and I liked it far more than the monorail and boats too. Our only issue was that it took over 5 hours for our luggage to arrive, but I know that happens every once in a while, and the issue was not anything to do with the Riviera - they knew we were waiting and pulled it as soon as it arrived at the resort. I've stayed at GF and BLT before and for us this was hands down the best.

Could you post room number and any pictures you took of the view in this thread?
Riveria rooms with a view

They do not have gold peak iced tea at riviera. They have fresh brewed Sweet and Unsweet teas.

Fresh brewed?!? The nerve! That's the last straw. I'm selling our RIV contracts.

Maybe I'm just a Disney dork, but I would totally stay in a tower studio if I were traveling just with DH, or with one of my kids, and leave the bed down the whole time. We have park commando stays, short stays (which tend to be park commando), and longer stays. I wouldn't use the tower studio for a longer stay, but it is a nice option for a shorter or adults-only stay, especially for F&W.

Fresh brewed?!? The nerve! That's the last straw. I'm selling our RIV contracts.

I know right!

We stayed in a tower studio a few weeks ago. It's great for a weekend trip. Washing the dish's we used in the bathroom sink with bodysoap was an intresting thing we had to do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!