The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

There are some pictures out on Facebook posted by a travel agent, and I'm very impressed. The pictures of the 3BR...stunning. I just wish I had more $ to buy some points...sigh

There are some pictures out on Facebook posted by a travel agent, and I'm very impressed. The pictures of the 3BR...stunning. I just wish I had more $ to buy some points...sigh
They have a 3B tour on youtube right now. We have already decided that we are sticking with the 125 we bought on our honeymoon but soon as we announce our first child we will bump it up another 175 a year so we can fit the grandparents on trips

Just seeing some of the photos roll out from various posters and it looks incredible!! Cannot wait for my first visit home.

Super excited based on this as it shows a little more of the lobby and grounds. Initially thought it had a very BLT feel but watching this it seems more of a GF / BLT hybrid.

I have to say the video walkthrough leaves me underwhelmed. It is nice, but nothing amazing. Rooms are great, but that 3 bed like them all would eat through a contract within a night or so. It looks strange to me how you come outside with the French music etc, looking at Caribbean Beach. I do like the fact it has a good running / walking track around the lake.
Main pool with slide, very underwhelming, or is that not the main pool side you can see?
Cafe has zero design, restaurants look quite generic.
Strangely it reminds me of BLT, without the location. The same type of lobby and outdoor area. Also reminds me in some ways of a Universal hotel.
I was keen to stay here next summer, but having seen it, I honestly don’t think it is worth the points and will not be booking now, but will go for a look in 2 weeks and see if it is better in person. Would BLT be so popular if it wasn’t within walking distance of a park?

Last edited:
I have to say the video walkthrough leaves me underwhelmed. It is nice, but nothing amazing. Rooms are great, but that 3 bed like them all would eat through a contract within a night or so. It looks strange to me how you come outside with the French music etc, looking at Caribbean Beach. I do like the fact it has a good running / walking track around the lake.
Main pool with slide, very underwhelming, or is that not the main pool side you can see?
Cafe has zero design, restaurants look quite generic.
Strangely it reminds me of BLT, without the location. The same type of lobby and outdoor area. Also reminds me in some ways of a Universal hotel.
I was keen to stay here next summer, but having seen it, I honestly don’t think it is worth the points and will not be booking now, but will go for a look in 2 weeks and see if it is better in person. Would BLT be so popular if it wasn’t within walking distance of a park?

I think that’s the quiet pool without the slide.

I don’t think Toppolinos looks generic at all. What bothers me is the gigantic pole in front of the ordering counter at La Petit Cafe.

The outside grounds looks beautiful, but I’m still iffy on the room views.

I think that’s the quiet pool without the slide.

I don’t think Toppolinos looks generic at all. What bothers me is the gigantic pole in front of the ordering counter at La Petit Cafe.

The outside grounds looks beautiful, but I’m still iffy on the room views.

Yeah... I agree about the pole, but it’s kind of authentic when you think about small independent coffee shops in historical buildings. One of my favorite shops when I was in college was like that. I guess we’ll have to wait and see how it actually performs when it opens. I definitely can see how it can be annoying.

Would BLT be so popular if it wasn’t within walking distance of a park?

Love the BLT location for walking to the park and is why it is my preferred monorail resort. Would probably never stay there otherwise as the resort itself is not that inspiring. Looking forward to that walkway from VGF that is being talked about as I actually really like staying at the VGF, just don't like getting there at park close.

Just a PSA to the general message board population that this thread was created by the OP for people who are excited about Riviera. There are a bunch of threads for people to talk about all the things they don’t like or think they won’t like about Riviera. Please go to those threads. We are on this thread because we’re tired of reading negative opinions about it and wanted a positive thread. So if you don’t have anything positive to say, then please go to another thread. Thanks, and have a magical day.

I was channeling my inner customer service rep that we all have in us. 🤣
That's what it felt like, when you get off the phone with disney cs and it was not a good call and you still get the "have a magical day" lol.

As for the resort, the video I watched was not great so I'm reserving judgement. I will say in the lobby it looked like there wasn't much art work; what art they did have looked so nice. I want to get a look at the main pool because what I saw looked great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!