The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Glad to hear you had a good time. About the feature pool...is there a stand alone restroom nearby? The strange thing about the quiet pool was you had to exit the fenced in area to get to the rest room and shower. Kind of weird...I’m comparing to the BW quiet pool and BLT pool ... although you have to go to main pool area for showers. Wondering if they just didn’t have the space and/ or had building restrictions due to the lake. I’m also not happy about the lack of a community hall. They do have the space for it on the ground floor...so maybe that will change.

I can’t wait for our next trip either!

Yeah the bathroom is basically the bathroom by the bar, outside the pool fence. There is a companion restroom, which we used to change our daughter. As for the community hall it seems like they used the bar upstairs? In fact they had cartoons playing on the widescreen in there. Seemed odd. Both of these things seem like slight oversights in a brand new development.

Last edited:
Yeah the bathroom is basically the bathroom by the bar, outside the pool fence. There is a companion restroom, which we used to change our daughter. As for the community hall it seems like they used the bar upstairs? In fact they had cartoons playing on the widescreen in there. Seemed odd.
There is that event room on the ground floor. When you come down the steps off the lobby turn left to go to Primo Piatto and it’s off the left hand side right after you enter the hallway from the foyer. I’m not sure how big it is exactly but seemed decently sized from the photos I saw on opening day. They could potentially move stuff into there.

We are coming home to Riviera this June and have a separate trip booked in October. For June, I needed to waitlist a day for a standard view studio I wanted to add on (and it took a few weeks) but it came through. I also moved my reservation in October from preferred view studio to standard view (to save a few points) and waitlisted for 1 day from preferred to standard and again, the room came through and my reservations are all in order. I'm excited to own here - we love the Boardwalk area resorts and with the Skyliner - this is exactly the location we are hoping for and the contract length I would like. Thanks to all who are posting their trip reports and photos!

One peculiarity though. No changing room at the feature pool. This seem off for a resort of this level. Others are just nit picks. Lobby could definitely have been more grand but its beautiful and intimate at least. And the gift shop is on the tiny size. "Not too many toys!", my six year old said.
Glad to hear you had a good time. About the feature pool...is there a stand alone restroom nearby?

Because I have a daughter who has the tiniest bladder ever... I can answer this question! There IS, but it's around the corner (the far way) from Bar Riva. So, opposite and a little walk from the kids play area. It is very nice, and has a HA-shower with nice hot water (great when the kids insist on playing in the pool in DECEMBER), but it's not easy to find. There is another ground floor rest room closer to the quiet pool, I think.

Has anyone seen a detailed Riviera resort map online anywhere that shows things like restroom locations? I searched online and couldn't seem to find one. Thanks!

Just got back from runDisney Princess Challenge weekend. We stayed at the Contemporary, however we found ourselves at Riviera alot more than I would have thought.

We did dinner at Topilinnos Terrace and we were impressed. The cheese board tray can be requested as an appetizer to go with your wine instead of ordering it as a dessert. The Monty Cristo from Bar Riva is great and massive in size and can easily feed 2 hungry adults. The Skyliner is flat out amazing! We got stuck on the monorail for over an hour last Sunday, however the Skyliner only had short 1 minute stops on 1 occasion. Overall we loved the resort and will be staying there over Christmas. Enjoy these pictures... oh and yes addonitis for Riviera is a real thing granted I'll add on more resale.

Attachments

• 20200219_183713.jpg
    20200219_183713.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200219_190311.jpg
    20200219_190311.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20200219_185427.jpg
    20200219_185427.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 41
  • 20200219_193656.jpg
    20200219_193656.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200219_175112.jpg
    20200219_175112.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200219_174703.jpg
    20200219_174703.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 45
Anyone else heading down for Moonlight Magic next week? We have our first welcome home at RIV. Can’t wait.

I have tried to look for this answer, but I sadly don't have a ton of time to scroll through 30 pages, so sorry if this has been asked many times before. We are looking at this resort, possibly buying in, and are looking at 1 bedroom villas. My girls HATE sharing a bed because one is a puncher and the other is a kicker so we like that it has a queen pull down and the single pull down. I know on the site it says it can fit up to 5 adults, so does that mean that the single pull down can fit an adult (even if it's small). DD9 will be about 10 if/when we do stay there (already have other trips booked and not moving those renovations), and don't want it to be a perfect size for a 5 year old but not for her. If she keeps growing at the rate she has been then we are looking at her being about 4'5" or so when we go, will that be a problem for the single pull down. We don't really want to shell out as much for a 2 bedroom if a 1 bedroom will do, but we will if we have to.

I have tried to look for this answer, but I sadly don't have a ton of time to scroll through 30 pages, so sorry if this has been asked many times before. We are looking at this resort, possibly buying in, and are looking at 1 bedroom villas. My girls HATE sharing a bed because one is a puncher and the other is a kicker so we like that it has a queen pull down and the single pull down. I know on the site it says it can fit up to 5 adults, so does that mean that the single pull down can fit an adult (even if it's small). DD9 will be about 10 if/when we do stay there (already have other trips booked and not moving those renovations), and don't want it to be a perfect size for a 5 year old but not for her. If she keeps growing at the rate she has been then we are looking at her being about 4'5" or so when we go, will that be a problem for the single pull down. We don't really want to shell out as much for a 2 bedroom if a 1 bedroom will do, but we will if we have to.
I'm pretty sure I've seen a video where a full adult layed on the single pull down bed and it was fine and not too short(unless your maybe 6 foot 7).

I'm pretty sure I've seen a video where a full adult layed on the single pull down bed and it was fine and not too short(unless your maybe 6 foot 7).
Fantastic, thank you! Maybe I could even put DH there if someone else puts up too much of a fight lol

Just on DME to the airport following our first welcome home at RIV. It was just my wife and I in a tower studio and it could not have been more perfect. Forgetting the resale restrictions for a moment (i know it's tough) we found none of the flaws others have experienced. Topolino’s was outstanding for dinner (the gnocchi and tomahawk veal were standouts) and the cocktail program was surprisingly good (boulevardier please). The tower studio was plenty of room for two and the bed was very comfortable. We used the skyliner without incident all week. The only issue was that it does not open early enough to hit DHS for rope drop / boarding group release.

We really did our best to experience all RIV has to offer and it exceeded expectations at every turn. So glad it is our home resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!