The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

Maybe next time u are here u stop focusing on every little thing to knock the resort and you actually enjoy ur stay yea ? Have a good day

I was not attacking the resort. I actually only said 2 negatives and 5 positives about the resort. I know actives for kids is important for some. I even went to the front desk to ask how I can try and put in a recommendation for them to turn the Event room into a mini community hall.

I was not attacking the resort. I actually only said 2 negatives and 5 positives about the resort. I know actives for kids is important for some. I even went to the front desk to ask how I can try and put in a recommendation for them to turn the Event room into a mini community hall.
I’m sure Disney’s tracking that riviera doesn’t have that and that’s why it’s unique Because it has things and doesn’t have things that other resorts have. So if that’s what people or u urself are looking for I think other resorts offer that.

Enjoy urself and let Disney worry about what else the resort can offer as I’m sure they have already thought about what you mentioned.

We just got back from our WDW trip. We stayed at BLT but went to RIV twice, once during the day and once at night. The resort is beautiful. Dinner at Topolinos was delicious! I’m so glad we bought points here. The resort was everything we hoped it would be. We haven’t stayed in the rooms yet, but we did get to peek in and look at the model, and it was just as we had hoped.

Yay, that all makes me so excited! Im so glad for you that you are happy with your purchase!

Just wanted to say thank you to Summerw for the updated first page!

I can’t wait to stay in Feb!

Thanks! I can’t wait to update it with my own pics.

So I’m officially here and all I have to say is I’m happy this is my home resort!!

I will do a full review after I leave and post pics of my killer view!! Topolinos is great !!

ps everyone I have had a conversation with either regrets not buying or just like me are very content with their purchase.

Congrats! Can’t wait to read it.

I haven’t read all 22 pages yet, but have read several of the most recent, and I have been browsing elsewhere on the boards to no avail: I know it’s a bit early for great info on this, but any advice out there for Preferred View (Studio) room requests? We’re staying early February, and I need to figure out what kind of requests to make. I’m assuming “good view of Epcot” might not be the most strategic request.

I think others answered you, but it kinda seems like only the one section that faces the Skyliner has a view of the lake and some Epcot. It seems like the rest of the Epcot view involves the parking lot at least somewhat. So it depends on what you want to look at and if being closer to the restaurants or the Skyliner is important to you.

After my 2nd short stay at riviera my biggest complaint is the lack of actives for kids. I also wish they had a second bocce ball court it always seemed to be our luck that someone was about to play or was playing.

Something odd when we stayed in a tower studio there was no dish soap. The studio comes with real cups and plates. If you use anything you will either have to wash it with body wash/Bar soap or leave it for Mousekeeping. This could have just been them forgetting to restock it when they turned the room.

things we really enjoyed have to be the lemon garlic grilled chicken at Bar Riva. The landscaping while walking the grounds. Coke freestyle with its infinite amount of options. I hope all DVC's will get the new TV's with chrome cast built it. The pull down couch could be the best thing DVC has added. Its so much better than a pull out couch.

Did you try the foot snooker? What activities did they have at other DVC (excluding AKV since that is its own category) that you would want here? Do they not have the pool games and the little activities they do with them going?

Thanks for the Bar Riva review. I can’t wait to try it all. I agree about the Murphy couch bed. I hate pull out couches.

I thought people would complain about the lack of bbq’s or room service but I think the things I’ve seen mentioned most, aside from people who hate everything lol, are the lack of community hall, small staircase and the worn carpet next to it. So many people have mentioned the carpet. It must be bad.

I’ve seen people mention the line at Primo Piatto but honestly I’ve waited in a line at the Poly and BC marketplace more than once. I guess I kinda discounted it. :-)

We did the grand prix, the opening regatta, the camp fire, and some of the pool games( bingo, name that tune, duck races..). Maybe it's the lack of rotating activities?

Polynesian has a make your own lei, it has the tiki torch lighting, ukulele lesson, and the generic tie-dye shirt, create your own tumbler...

As a dvc resort I could see no room service the majority of their rooms have full kitchens and that would mean higher dues to employee the staff.. Bbq grills seem odd but I guess dvc wants you to buy their food.

I have only seen primo busy once during breakfast. I will have to warn people if you buy a drink a primo and you want to mix flavors each flavor counts as a refill and you only get 3. Im not sure why you would mix flavors but on multiple accounts I have seen people so it an complain they only have 1 refill left. This didn't seem to be a problem with refillable mugs just single use cups.

My wife had the Italian sangria Blanco and loved it. She said it was a hardcore sangria. We also had a Monte Cristo which was really good. The bar is relaxing and very Mediterranean. They have heaters in the ceiling of it gets cold.

Last edited:
We did the grand prize, the opening regatta, the camp fire, and some of the pool games( bingo, name that tune, duck races..). Maybe it's the lack of rotating activities?

Polynesian has a make your own lei, it has the tiki torch lighting, ukulele lesson, and the generic tie-dye shirt, create your own tumbler...

As a dvc resort I could see no room service the majority of their rooms have full kitchens and that would mean higher dues to employee the staff.. Bbq grills seem odd but I guess dvc wants you to buy their food.

I have only seen primo busy once during breakfast. I will have to warn people if you buy a drink a primo and you want to mix flavors each flavor counts as a refill and you only get 3. Im not sure why you would mix flavors but on multiple accounts I have seen people so it an complain they only have 1 refill left. This didn't seem to be a problem with refillable mugs just single use cups.

My wife had the Italian sangria Blanco and loved it. She said it was a hardcore sangria. We also had a Monte Cristo which was really good. The bar is relaxing and very Mediterranean. They have heaters in the ceiling of it gets cold.

Did you do the art scavenger hunt from the DVC desk? I would love to try the other scavenger hunt they do from the eventi room but it is long. We’ll see if DS will do it with me.

Three of those are crafting... were they all paid activities at other resorts, lei, shirt and tumbler? Honestly I dread when I see those as DS will want to do them all and I have so many of his crafts from vacation. My house can’t take any more. Lol. Plus I don’t mind putting for upcharges for things like a dessert fireworks party or special event but the resort crafts make me feel extra stingy. Lol.

I hope you will let the staff know how you feel. Maybe they think people won’t miss the craft stuff? Or maybe they will add it later once the resort has been open longer?

Thanks for the reviews on the dining. I love white sangria so I will have to give that a try!

Did you do the art scavenger hunt from the DVC desk? I would love to try the other scavenger hunt they do from the eventi room but it is long. We’ll see if DS will do it with me.

Three of those are crafting... were they all paid activities at other resorts, lei, shirt and tumbler? Honestly I dread when I see those as DS will want to do them all and I have so many of his crafts from vacation. My house can’t take any more. Lol. Plus I don’t mind putting for upcharges for things like a dessert fireworks party or special event but the resort crafts make me feel extra stingy. Lol.

I hope you will let the staff know how you feel. Maybe they think people won’t miss the craft stuff? Or maybe they will add it later once the resort has been open longer?

Thanks for the reviews on the dining. I love white sangria so I will have to give that a try!

We didn't do the scavenger hunt. I heard a review from Dis unplugged that it wasn't exactly kid friendly.

The regatta boat racing was interesting I wasn't really sure what to expect. They have 2 buoys set up and they time you doing 2 figure 8's.

I asked front desk who I could talk to about the lack of activites and community hall. They told me to take with an event staff and since its the smallest DVC resort they didn't have space for a community hall.

Didnt think that I would be getting to stay until summer, but just snagged a 1 bedroom SV for my last night /beginning of April. Had a split stay anyway, and now at Poly first 3 nights instead of BLT, but I get to stay at RIV! Love when stalking website pays off!

Yay, that all makes me so excited! Im so glad for you that you are happy with your purchase!

Thanks! I can’t wait to update it with my own pics.

Congrats! Can’t wait to read it.

I think others answered you, but it kinda seems like only the one section that faces the Skyliner has a view of the lake and some Epcot. It seems like the rest of the Epcot view involves the parking lot at least somewhat. So it depends on what you want to look at and if being closer to the restaurants or the Skyliner is important to you.

Did you try the foot snooker? What activities did they have at other DVC (excluding AKV since that is its own category) that you would want here? Do they not have the pool games and the little activities they do with them going?

Thanks for the Bar Riva review. I can’t wait to try it all. I agree about the Murphy couch bed. I hate pull out couches.

I thought people would complain about the lack of bbq’s or room service but I think the things I’ve seen mentioned most, aside from people who hate everything lol, are the lack of community hall, small staircase and the worn carpet next to it. So many people have mentioned the carpet. It must be bad.

I’ve seen people mention the line at Primo Piatto but honestly I’ve waited in a line at the Poly and BC marketplace more than once. I guess I kinda discounted it. :-)

I was one of those PPs that mentioned the line at Primo, but, yeah, now that you mention it, it was a FAR better experience than BC Marketplace and Poly, too! Ok, not complaining about Primo anymore!

Is Riviera the only dvc resort to not offer room service? The dues at Riviera are higher than any other wdw dvc resort so you would think room service would be included. I'm considering buying Riviera after I visit in March.

Is Riviera the only dvc resort to not offer room service? The dues at Riviera are higher than any other wdw dvc resort so you would think room service would be included. I'm considering buying Riviera after I visit in March.
A quick Google search says okw only has pizza delivery and ssr does not have room service. So the dedicated dvc do not seem to have room service.

We didn't do the scavenger hunt. I heard a review from Dis unplugged that it wasn't exactly kid friendly.

The regatta boat racing was interesting I wasn't really sure what to expect. They have 2 buoys set up and they time you doing 2 figure 8's.

I asked front desk who I could talk to about the lack of activites and community hall. They told me to take with an event staff and since its the smallest DVC resort they didn't have space for a community hall.

That’s a bummer they said that. I feel like they could still do crafts somewhere.

I remember the DIS review about the eventi room scavenger hunt but I saw several people say their kids did the art hunt and liked it. They just got a map from the DVC counter and matched it to all the art around the resort, so it’s not like the Skyliner hunt which takes you other places the Skyliner goes.

Didnt think that I would be getting to stay until summer, but just snagged a 1 bedroom SV for my last night /beginning of April. Had a split stay anyway, and now at Poly first 3 nights instead of BLT, but I get to stay at RIV! Love when stalking website pays off!

jealous! Congrats! I so wish I had enough points to say the same number of days in a 1 bedroom. They are so gorgeous.

I was one of those PPs that mentioned the line at Primo, but, yeah, now that you mention it, it was a FAR better experience than BC Marketplace and Poly, too! Ok, not complaining about Primo anymore!

I’m not adverse to the complaints as Disney should still be aware of their long lines 😝, but I'm definitely not worried since I feel like all Disney QS is hit or miss with lines and all Disney dining requires patience.

I have a stay coming up in Feb at RR with the visa discount. I have another maybe trip at BWI in March and just looked for availability at RR.

The 3 bedroom grand villa is available 3/6-9 at $2072 a night ! That’s a once in a lifetime rate with the 40%off!

I wish I could do but just dh and I are going and that’s a bit too much space lol.

Here is the link to check.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/visa-riviera-offer/

Bbq grills seem odd but I guess dvc wants you to buy their food.
How nice would it be to have a pavilion/picnic area near or on the beach?? (I am thinking of the BBQ grills at BLT, such a peaceful place. Although admittedly I have never seen that grill being used.)

Yes! Can't wait to read your review.

Which area would have the best views of HS fireworks?

Most preferred view rooms should have HS fireworks views, so long as you're high enough. *Maybe* some standard rooms in the West Wing, with a little lean... ?

Something I had been interested in is what area of pools there are per hypothetical max occupancy of the individual DVC resorts (counting the guests of the Hotel Side if one exists). There had been some statements that Riviera was smaller in the pool areas than other resorts.

My hotel room numbers might be off as it was difficult to find and lock down that number. The Approx. Hotel Guests is based on 4 people per each room (so the deluxe and suites are under counted, though 4 per room seemed reasonable). Also for the DVC guest count I used the stated max occupancy for each room to find that. As you can see Riviera is pretty much in line with everywhere else and the two outliers are PVB with significantly undersized pools (though that has been known) and VGF with significantly larger pools (though that also has been known). But all in all Riviera seems pretty in line with the pools so I suspect there isn't much to worry about in regard to the physical size of the water area (however, the deck space is a different question).

Just thought Riviera owners might be interested in where their resort falls. If there are any additional comments or I made an error let me know and I can correct the above chart.

Edit: I left out BCV just because YC/BC is such a different animal with SAB in that it really is in its own league and determining the area of SAB would be a nightmare.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter