The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

In reference to the Breakfast at Toppolinos review, $41 is too much for a waffle or a small pile of salmon, even by Disney standards.

Additionally, I hope the loud announcements were for only opening day.

I look forward to the diner review later tonight. But for breakfast, this is a pass for me.

The price is very much in line with other character breakfasts at Disney World.

Trattoria al Forno's Breakfast is probably the closest to what they're doing here and that's $44. Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Tusker House, Ohana, The Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe are all $41. 1900 Park Fare is $44. Akershus is $52. Chef Mickey's is $59. Then you have Cinderella's Royal Table at $62 for breakfast (but that includes tip).

Unfortunately, the character breakfasts at Disney World are just really expensive and cost between $41-$62 right now.

I'm a big fan of character meals and I know that I'll check this one out eventually, but the biggest issue for me personally is the menu. I like eating off a menu over a buffet, but I'm not an adventurous eater when I just wake up and all I really want is bacon, eggs and sausage. The pastries are a nice touch, but hopefully they add some more traditional options in the coming months. Even if they just add an option for the steak with scrambled eggs, I'd be good.

The price is very much in line with other character breakfasts at Disney World.

Trattoria al Forno's Breakfast is probably the closest to what they're doing here and that's $44. Garden Grill, Hollywood and Vine, Tusker House, Ohana, The Crystal Palace, and Cape May Cafe are all $41. 1900 Park Fare is $44. Akershus is $52. Chef Mickey's is $59. Then you have Cinderella's Royal Table at $62 for breakfast (but that includes tip).

Unfortunately, the character breakfasts at Disney World are just really expensive and cost between $41-$62 right now.

I'm a big fan of character meals and I know that I'll check this one out eventually, but the biggest issue for me personally is the menu. I like eating off a menu over a buffet, but I'm not an adventurous eater when I just wake up and all I really want is bacon, eggs and sausage. The pastries are a nice touch, but hopefully they add some more traditional options in the coming months. Even if they just add an option for the steak with scrambled eggs, I'd be good.

At least with the buffets and AYCTEs you listed you get a decent amount of food. Sean’s salmon was barely an appetizer. Pete’s plate was 2/3 empty.

For me it’s not worth the “price per value,” as Fiasco would say.

My wife and I enjoyed our breakfast today quite a bit and appreciated the menu. My wife had the gruyere quiche while I ordered the the sour cream waffles.

We are big eaters, but are not usually buffet fans. With the pastries, we both felt it was enough food. I would be happier if there was a non-character option at about half the price. But so it goes.

Loved the resort overall.

Not for us at all. Way too much money for a bit of salmon, sliver of steak. We do not eat sweet foods for breakfast or much at all so a bucket full of croissants and muffins is no good for us. Very disappointing for me that video.

The main component affecting the price is the characters. Also, I’m happy to see better choices for that price than just waffles, pastries, and eggs. There are plenty of places at WDW which charge as much and don’t really offer stellar food IMO. I’m excited about this restaurant as well as the resort and will continue to be positive about RIV. :)

So a report is coming out that a Murphy bed under the TV fell over last night with a grown woman in it. Not sure if it just wasn't properly installed to the wall or not for that to happen

Must be a slow news day when they report incidents like this which don’t cause serious injuries. I’m sure this was extremely upsetting for the family involved, and I’m not discounting that, but this doesn’t exactly seem news worthy to me. A lot of us have had something happen to us while on vacation which could’ve been a lot worse.

Must be a slow news day when they report incidents like this which don’t cause serious injuries. I’m sure this was extremely upsetting for the family involved, and I’m not discounting that, but this doesn’t exactly seem news worthy to me. A lot of us have had something happen to us while on vacation which could’ve been a lot worse.
I agree, it must have defiantly scared the family in the room but who in their right mind would sleep in that small thing that is meant for kids? That's just my sense telling me that it would break with too much weight

I’ve read the original post and they don’t mention the size of the lady who was on it, but I’ve never seen a weight limit and there may be many children heavier than her. It occurred while she was sleeping and not moving, so it could easily have happened if a child had bounced on to it.
The injuries weren’t serious but it landed on her so it could have been far worse if it was a child!

Edited to add: I’ve just read somewhere that the weight is 200 lb. If that is true there are plenty of adults (my own mother included) who are well under this limit. On this site there are many threads with people questioning size and weight limits and many responses saying that it’s comfortable for adults! It’s obviously not that unusual.
It came completely off the wall, rather than just breaking. The part attached to the wall landed entirely on the bed and had to be lifted off by two people.

Last edited:
I think the point we’re making is this stuff happens all the time and doesn’t make the news. We had a Murphy bed on a newly refurbished Disney Cruise ship that fell so violently when unlatched we learned to stand to the side and get out of the way. These were not rough seas either. Just like this incident, had a child been underneath it when unlatched, there would have been a serious injury. We reported it to the staff, but it didn’t make the news nor did I seek out a news outlet despite it falling on both my husband and myself giving him a nasty knot in his head and me a nasty bruise on my shoulder. Stuff like this happens a lot unfortunately. It’s just a weird news story to me.

I think it's due to people get a good bit of clicks if they post a new Disney property is having issues. I don't understand why it is but I've seen people not want this resort to do well in comment sections on facebook. I think this was just an unfortunate situation of the anchors not installed properly but I didn't think those beds would have that high of a weight limit so I am in the wrong there to think that

The breakfast at Toppolino's looks great- fun costumes and I appreciate that it's a menu to order off of versus a buffet. Booked for February as I'm sure that $41 price won't last long! (when compared to the most popular ones which cost more)

I think it's due to people get a good bit of clicks if they post a new Disney property is having issues. I don't understand why it is but I've seen people not want this resort to do well in comment sections on facebook. I think this was just an unfortunate situation of the anchors not installed properly but I didn't think those beds would have that high of a weight limit so I am in the wrong there to think that
It’s unrelenting it’s almost as if they want Disney to fail with riviera every business has its issues but no one is pointing them out. I think some of these people need a Disney break it’s almost as if they feel like they own the damn place or demand some sort of preferential service. I would hate to be in business to service these spoiled people

So a report is coming out that a Murphy bed under the TV fell over last night with a grown woman in it. Not sure if it just wasn't properly installed to the wall or not for that to happen
Looking at the photo on FB I think the entire bed unit became detached from the wall - wasn’t properly secured to the wall. If I were Disney I’d be having every one of those beds in the Riviera checked for proper secure installation. And if there is a weight limit I’d make sure that limit was prominently included in the room description, because small kids aren’t the only people who are going to sleep there.

I'm worried about reading the latest touring plans article about the tower rooms for two people. The article felt it wasn't worth the value based on the size of the room, they felt they were claustrophobic inside the room and the only saving grace is 'maybe' discounts because the price doesn't match what you're getting in terms of size. Do you all have opinions on it? I didn't link the article (i saw it on twitter).

I'm worried about reading the latest touring plans article about the tower rooms for two people. The article felt it wasn't worth the value based on the size of the room, they felt they were claustrophobic inside the room and the only saving grace is 'maybe' discounts because the price doesn't match what you're getting in terms of size. Do you all have opinions on it? I didn't link the article (i saw it on twitter).
They are looking at a cash value and for me I am looking at how to stay on property for the lowest amount of points so they are a great deal to me

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter