The Official Riviera Owners & Info Thread

I actually booked two of the tower small rooms. i don't want a kitchen and when i stayed at destino last summer i didn't like sharing a bathroom with the older teens in my family so i figure i will do two rooms which gives me privacy and two bathrooms and no kitchen and new hotel. the only thing is we have never done this without connecting rooms. do you think they would be next to each other at least? or same floor?
I am like 99.9% sure I saw them do three tower rooms per floor with a left,mid, and right one

The Tower studio looks perfect for me if I'm there solo. My wife couldn't handle that, even for a short trip. That's why we bought enough points for a 1 BD. That should be perfect for us. I'd love to bring some friends and book a GV for a few days too one year. That would be cool.

The pool looks to be of decent size but the peninsula that basically splits the pool in half is odd and takes up a lot of space that could have easily been pool space. It’s nice to see they are using the new TV system that is used in Grand Destino where it is able to be customized with your family name and you can view your Memory Maker photos. I noticed the Tower studios and the 3 bedroom grand villas have Kuerigs while the studios and 1 & 2 bedrooms villas have the normal coffee pot. I wonder why they did not go with one type of coffee maker for all rooms through out the resort.

I didn't notice the peninsula when I watched the walk-through video the first time, I'll to re-watch.

My son and I noticed the smart TVs as well and that now you can easily stream from your device(s). That'll be great for streaming Disney+. We watch TV in the late evening for a bit after getting back from the parks and when getting ready to go in the morning, so I like having the option of commercial-free programming. It's a nice distraction for the guys as they wait for the ladies to finish putting on their makeup in the morning. 😉

We are staying here in mid-January and are so excited. Few Questions, which I am guessing will likely be more easily answered come Monday! :-) Does anyone know where the Standard deluxe studios will be located? Also from the lobby how far is the walk to the skyliner? As far as transportation goes, does RR have its own bus to and from the parks or will they share with CBR? For the skyliner to Epcot it just goes right there no spots/transfer right? For DHS you get on the skyliner to CBR then have to get off and transfer to go to DHS, right?

We are staying here in mid-January and are so excited. Few Questions, which I am guessing will likely be more easily answered come Monday! :-) Does anyone know where the Standard deluxe studios will be located? Also from the lobby how far is the walk to the skyliner? As far as transportation goes, does RR have its own bus to and from the parks or will they share with CBR? For the skyliner to Epcot it just goes right there no spots/transfer right? For DHS you get on the skyliner to CBR then have to get off and transfer to go to DHS, right?

Touringplans doesn't have any information yet.

From what I guess:
  • Standard views will be in the main building facing North East (right side looking from lake)
  • From the lobby to Skyliner will be roughly 0.15-0.2 miles (between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 football fields)
  • RR has its own bus service
  • RR to Epcot = no additional stops
  • RR to HS = transfer at CBR
It will be seen how well the skyliner functions with the mid-line loading. Give yourself some extra time likely since you will be there within the first month. Long term it likely will get better though.

Took me 30 mins from HS to Epcot with very little lines. Be interested to hear what travel time on the Skyliner is.

Touringplans doesn't have any information yet.

From what I guess:
  • Standard views will be in the main building facing North East (right side looking from lake)
  • From the lobby to Skyliner will be roughly 0.15-0.2 miles (between 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 football fields)
  • RR has its own bus service
  • RR to Epcot = no additional stops
  • RR to HS = transfer at CBR
It will be seen how well the skyliner functions with the mid-line loading. Give yourself some extra time likely since you will be there within the first month. Long term it likely will get better though.

Took me 30 mins from HS to Epcot with very little lines. Be interested to hear what travel time on the Skyliner is.

Thank you so much. Do you know if there will be bus service to and from EP and DHS. I'm still skeptical of the skyliner. Enclosed spaces freak me out. As far as magical Express, will RR be joined in with CBR, BWI, YC/BC?

Thank you so much. Do you know if there will be bus service to and from EP and DHS. I'm still skeptical of the skyliner. Enclosed spaces freak me out. As far as magical Express, will RR be joined in with CBR, BWI, YC/BC?

Skyliner was great when we were on it.

If there is any bus service I would suspect its very very limited.

All of the current Skyliner resorts (Pop, AoA, & CBR) still have bus service to DHS and Epcot, and from what I’ve read on the Pop thread no one has noticed any reduction in bus service there. I did see one report here on the DIS of someone at Pop seeing the message “Use Skyliner” on the bus board there, but I haven’t seen any other comments or complaints about DHS/Epcot bus service on the Pop thread.

FYI the Epcot bus drops off at the front (Future World) side of the park while the Skyliner travels to the back (World Showcase), so you might choose Skyliner vs. bus (assuming Riviera guests have a choice) based on where in Epcot you plan to go first!

As far as DME goes, I don’t think anyone can predict which resorts will be serviced together. It seems to fluctuate depending on how many people need transportation to/from which resorts at the same time.

All of the current Skyliner resorts (Pop, AoA, & CBR) still have bus service to DHS and Epcot, and from what I’ve read on the Pop thread no one has noticed any reduction in bus service there. I did see one report here on the DIS of someone at Pop seeing the message “Use Skyliner” on the bus board there, but I haven’t seen any other comments or complaints about DHS/Epcot bus service on the Pop thread.

FYI the Epcot bus drops off at the front (Future World) side of the park while the Skyliner travels to the back (World Showcase), so you might choose Skyliner vs. bus (assuming Riviera guests have a choice) based on where in Epcot you plan to go first!

As far as DME goes, I don’t think anyone can predict which resorts will be serviced together. It seems to fluctuate depending on how many people need transportation to/from which resorts at the same time.
funny it didn't occur to me about that point re. epcot bus/skyliner drop off locations. just realized it. maybe if someone wants to go first to soarin for example at rd the bus may be better? something to think about. great option for breakfast first at ale and compass for example then thru epcot in a.m. too if using skyliner...lots of flexibility there.

This weekend booked a deluxe studio preferred view for November 15-21, 2020. So excited to stay there as we became members in September and Riviera is our home resort! We are staying at BWV in March for a short trip.

Nice views from the Tower Studios - better than the standard view rooms really. Great deal for those who can get them!

In reference to the Breakfast at Toppolinos review, $41 is too much for a waffle or a small pile of salmon, even by Disney standards.

Additionally, I hope the loud announcements were for only opening day.

I look forward to the diner review later tonight. But for breakfast, this is a pass for me.

In reference to the Breakfast at Toppolinos review, $41 is too much for a waffle or a small pile of salmon, even by Disney standards.

Additionally, I hope the loud announcements were for only opening day.

I look forward to the diner review later tonight. But for breakfast, this is a pass for me.
Yah, we might try it at some point but from the menu and the price I don't see it being too high on our list. Dinner might be a better way to go. See how they do tonight with that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter