The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

The mosquitoes are horrible down here. I heard someone say the statewide mosquito population is up over 600 percent since the hurricane. I believe it, we have never seen them this bad down here.
I'll have to agree. I don't ever remember needing bug spray. This trip was noticeable. Not like home, but much worse than the Fort "norm".

About the crowds and overall atmosphere.

I kept finding myself falling into a "Spring Break" mode while in the parks. Namely, I pick out 2, maybe 3, things I really want to do/see each day and everything else is gravy. Despite late September being the "slow" period and the crowd estimators saying 2-3 during the week, it felt much busier. Not holiday busy, but nearly summer/school's out busy. I suspect this is fallout from the hurricane and people rescheduling. I talked to several people who were at the parks the first few days after the hurricane and they said it was exceptionally slow with most things being a "walk on".

I think this "not being able to do everything I wanted" feeling contributed to us getting annual passes. I tentatively have Feb 25 - Mar 3 2018 booked in a Premium. I say tentatively because I'm still holding out for a cheap flight in combination with a good AP rate on a room. I still haven't recovered from the 16 hour (each way) drive.

j

Thank you to everyone for sharing their experiences at The Fort and at the parks over the last few weeks. I was supposed to be there the 16th-23rd, first trip to The Fort, and ended up rescheduling for late April. I have loved seeing the photos and reading all the good, and the bad! I have been living vicariously through all of you!

Well, tonight's MNSSHP was not as crowded as Sunday, which was a sell out. A bit better. Have about a 1200 pictures to sort thru. But have a full day at Epcot tomorrow, so off to bed. That is followed by a full day again at MK on Thursday. Maybe if we come back tomorrow evening can get a picture or two up. Still have a lot to go, we have only scratched the surface.....

We arrived at the fort yesterday morning around 11:30, and were given the choice of 4 spots on check in. Unfortunately, none of them were in 1500, so we ended up landing on 2054. The site itself is perfect, but getting to and from the meadow for swimming is a pain without a golf cart.
Spent the day at Epcot, rode ever single ride in future world before slogging back in the heat around 4:30. Kids and hubby to the pool, I am taking the time to tidy up and organize the trailer and cook some dinner. MK for us tomorrow.

We arrived at the fort yesterday morning around 11:30, and were given the choice of 4 spots on check in. Unfortunately, none of them were in 1500, so we ended up landing on 2054. The site itself is perfect, but getting to and from the meadow for swimming is a pain without a golf cart.
Spent the day at Epcot, rode ever single ride in future world before slogging back in the heat around 4:30. Kids and hubby to the pool, I am taking the time to tidy up and organize the trailer and cook some dinner. MK for us tomorrow.

Curious if the 1400 loop had any sites offered ( that's the loop we're hoping for)

We will also be in MK, so if you see a fellow with a yellow shirt, a green back pack and a camera hanging from his right shoulder, it would be me and the DW.

Well breakfast was at Garden Grill, spent the rest of the day at Epcot, rode Soarin 3 times. Line was short, Fast pass and forgot my hat, they felt sorry for me and gave me another fast pass. Dinner was in Norway at Ankerhaus, with the Princess'.
So on the photography front just in case anyone was wondering.....I have shot a total as of tonight of 5135 pictures. And well as you can see in the report I have not processed nearly that many to see what I have. When shooting I leave my screen turned off, I do not review my pictures while taking them.
We have two more days left, tomorrow is in MK starting with CRT for breakfast, Liberty Tree for lunch and hoping to catch the fireworks one more time, although we did get to see some tonight from the monorail. We took the long way back to the campground from Epcot.
Lets see what I can scrounge up for pictures for at least one post.

_mg_0520-1-jpg.273065
This is awesome! I've never seen another shot like it... what's the story?

Put me in the same boat as Cosmic that shot is remarkable. I suspect you had one of the Pixie dust Moments on the Monorail ride ?

Put me in the same boat as Cosmic that shot is remarkable. I suspect you had one of the Pixie dust Moments on the Monorail ride ?

I wish, it is actually a shot from an attraction. Sorry, that one is pure Disney Magic.

That shot is incredible! Hopefully that bit of magic made up for the earlier non-magic you were experiencing.

I wish, it is actually a shot from an attraction. Sorry, that one is pure Disney Magic.
I haven't ridden the new Soarin' in person yet, so I didn't think about it. I was wondering how the heck you got so high up! (and why they were shooting off fireworks from the Epcot parking lot) :rotfl2:

That shot is incredible! Hopefully that bit of magic made up for the earlier non-magic you were experiencing.

Well this week has been a little bit better in the pixie dust area. Still not quite what we have experienced in the past, even here at the Fort the staff must have had post hurricane blues. We went for ice cream the other night, I was looking forward to a Mickey kitchen sink sundae.....no kitchen sinks. Was told they have been out for weeks and not sure when they are getting more. Tried to get a Halloween t shirt yesterday and today, no 2x sized shirts on property. Really no plus size guys ever come here ?? Most of my complaints with this trip are all centered around customer service, or the lack there of.
We have had a good time, I have gotten a lot of pictures, has it been our best trip of the last 3, well it was the longest, but probably not the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter