The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

And one more thing to get done before Disney now. Need to season the new griddle top. Saw one being used last weekend, found one on sale. This maybe the cat's meow, and I may never hook up my grill again. We will see. Have to unpack it then will post a picture tomorrow. Now I am beat, it is off to bed.

Very nice. After seeing Michael's at the GSP meet, DW thinks these are pretty neat.

How much was that puppy?

j

This is the smallest one, found it on sale at walmart, for 51 bucks. HSN has the two burner 22 inch version for 149. Think for just us two this one will work well. See how we like it, maybe get the bigger one in the future.

Well, we just finished up our 8 day summer camping trip, next trip out is headed south. 42 days and counting. Was making a small list of things we needed to add to the pop up before we left, was thinking we were doing pretty well. On the second last day of our trip a huge storm blew up and completely destroyed the awning on the pop up. Bent poles, torn metal. The awning wasn't in great shape (small holes in the canvas) so time for a new one. It was a Carefree of Colorado awning, but we are looking at replacing it with a Dometic with a screen room. Need to make some decisions about where to order from being that we are in Canada.

I was a little reluctant to post on here but decided to man up. We will have our first stay in Fort Wilderness Sept. 3rd thru Sept. 9th.... at the cabins. I know the cabins are nice and it is still in the Fort, but I am a big (yes I am large also) tent camper. Just got a 10 person tent last year to replace the old one and have only used it 3 times due to...well the wife hates camping. 16 years and she still won't budge, especially after about 4 attempts to camp. It is my secret shame. I have an awesome queen airbed, a badass Coleman camping lantern that I got for Xmas, and every cool camping item I could find, yet I am relegated to the cabins. But it was the only way to get to stay at the Fort finally so I caved. But I know we will still have fun. She is letting me rent a golf cart too which is cool, least she can do after she made me sell my popup years ago. :sad2: But I am excited for my first trip to the Fort. Hope to see you guys there. And yes, most of this is me being funny, but I do love that tent camping. :-)
Wait, am I your wife? :tongue:
We will be at the cabins Sept 7-9. My husband is trying to get me into tent camping, but I just have no desire to build my hotel room every time I go on vacation. We are looking into a travel trailer so I can at least have all the beds made and things set before we get to our destination.

I love this!!! You made that or bought it like that?
I made this one. There are quite a few of us that have made one. I can't take credit. There is a post here on the Camping Forum with the directions. I did see where there is a link where you can buy one, but I think it uses a tabl umbrella base instead of a milk can and it was pretty expensive. Even having to buy an extra globe, I have right at $100 in mine.

j

:offtopic: :disrocks:

So today found the DW and I taking my father to an airshow. He was not sure he had ever been, and well I know I need to take all these chances to spend time with him. Everyone had a great time, got a little too much sun, even wearing sun block.
If you have followed any of my other posts....you know I love to take photographs...and well today I got one or two that maybe good enough to share as I did shoot 1266 photo's.
During the airshow an F18 had a problem, he flew out of the area, burning off most of the fuel, returned to land, with all emergency vehicles on the line. Landed safely, and taxied down to the hanger area to get fixed up. Since they did not finish the demo, they decided to fly the back up F18 for a full demo flight, was way cool. Also got to see the F22 Raptor fly, very nice. Glad they brought the airshow back, hope it becomes an annual event.

IMG_8396-1.jpg
P51D Mustang, this shot is displayed just as it was taken, no corrections at all. Just added the watermark.

IMG_8602-1.jpg
Also as shot, The P51D and the F22 Raptor.

IMG_7887-1.jpg

A MIG 17, again as shot with no modifications.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.......:thanks:

Last edited:
Did my online check in today, will not be near the elevator.:sad2:
Working on our dinner menu for dinner at the campground, so we can go shopping to get ready for this trip.

Ok, well we are at 34 days to go. The rest to the September crew should be getting ready and getting excited, as some are only two weeks out now. Looking forward to some TR's coming and pictures. Have some work left to do, load the trailer, check lists, and some site decorations, which I am hoping to get done.
Good news, got a job on dayshift, so will be working Monday to Friday 7-330, finally get to see the DW again after six months. I have been working 330 pm until midnight or later. She is happy and timing could not be better for Disney prep.
34 Days !!!! Woo HOoo !!!

33 for me PaHunter ... but who's counting :rolleyes1 I am currently working on our "Disney sign" to put out front of our site. I'll post pics when I'm done.

We are now officially ready to go to the Fort.

New globe came in today. I pre-drilled the pilot holes, ran the hole saw backwards and no drama.

Mickey is done!

View attachment 260476

j

Like your Mickey lamp!! :-) My ds surprised me for my birthday with one (also one for his wife). It has a remote and changes colors, or can be set on one color. Had it set in a heavy wrought iron umbrella base. Plan to let it have it's first FW initiation first of Dec. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo

Ok, well we are at 34 days to go.
Good news, got a job on dayshift, so will be working Monday to Friday 7-330,
Congrats on the day shift. I worked nights for 12 years and evenings for a few years before that. DW was a restaurant manager back then and worked anything, so I know how it goes to not see each other for days.

33 for me PaHunter ... but who's counting :rolleyes1 I am currently working on our "Disney sign" to put out front of our site. I'll post pics when I'm done.
I won't rub it in, but I'm at 32 days... OK, I'll rub a little. :-). Today is the last day I can modify my MagicBands according to MDE. One month from today, I'll be driving to Lake Louisa for my overnight stay to arrive bright and early at the Fort. I haven't even started to pack. I actually have to run down and put the cover back on the camper. We were out this past weekend and I thought I'd get another camping trip in before heading to the Fort, but that may not happen.

Like your Mickey lamp!! :-) My ds surprised me for my birthday with one (also one for his wife). It has a remote and changes colors, or can be set on one color. Had it set in a heavy wrought iron umbrella base. Plan to let it have it's first FW initiation first of Dec. ::MickeyMo::MinnieMo
Very nice. Flametamr sent me a link to get one of the remote, multicolor LED bulbs. I was going to be boring and just put a white bulb in until I saw everyone's fancy ones at GSP.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter