The September 2017 Post Hurricane Trip Report pics added

So this weekend found me working on the trailer, had to replace the wafer thin shelves in the pantry with 1/2 inch oak plywood. I also crafted a tool to allow me to open our roof vents, since they are so high. And got one vent cover installed, but have two more on order yet to install. Counting down the days, and well it is almost July !!!
20170625_150827.jpeg
Staining and poly on shelving...

20170625_150913.jpeg
New shelving thickness on left, factory shelf on right.

20170625_150949.jpeg
And my fiver vent tool. Still need to stain and poly it.

I Love that Idea for your vent, At 5'4" it gets a bit tough to reach the open/close knob and on off switch.

I Love that Idea for your vent, At 5'4" it gets a bit tough to reach the open/close knob and on off switch.

Well our kitchen and bedroom vents are non powered, so just needed to be able to open them, but being a fiver, they are way high up there. Still working on something for the bathroom as that has a fantastic fan in it and does not have a regular knob like the others.

So today made reservations for our next camping adventure, based on the recommendation of a fellow Diser. Another chance to see how the trailer performs, sadly only pull thru sites were available, so I don't get to get practice back in. Have some Disney related projects to come before the Fort. Ugh, so little to do, so much time.....

Ugh, so little to do, so much time.....
Oh... Name change to Willy? (Love it though).

I know how it goes though. I felt so stressed before we left for our trip. Now that we are back.... I am still so exhausted. I think I need another 3 days of just "NOTHING" to be able to recover. Sadly, We got home Sunday about 230 PM. Parked, Unloaded, Went and got pooch from my In-laws, came back, put stuff away (from the Unloading phase), made dinner (and ate of course) Showered and basically went to bed. Well okay, I came down and dozed in the recliner until DW was ready for bed. She didn't "Sleep" while I was driving (so she says), just "Resting her eyes" :rolleyes1 So she was not quite ready for bed when I was.

You can still practice your "Backing" in the drive through sites though. Pull through and straighten out. Then back it back in. Of course the others will probably wonder what's up and pull out their chairs for the entertainment value. popcorn:: But it's all in the name of practice, right?

Well UPS just dropped off our new vent cover for the Fiver, guess I have something else to do if it does not rain this weekend. Got one that we had installed over kitchen vent last weekend.

Hopefully heat and rain will stay awy for you Chris

Heat is on it's way, and well it is nearly 90 already today. Hopefully the rain holds off, but not likely. Just would have to work on some inside projects, and do some more Disney planning.
Just installed bug screens on the furnace, now off to work, so I can pay off this Disney expedition, and start saving for the next one.

Catching up around here. Enjoying reading about all your preparations and pre-Disney trip camping.

So this is the pre 4th of July weekend. A lot of people will be camping, and as usual, we will not be. I tend to not camp on the big 3 holidays. I will be working on putting the new vent cover on the Fiver, and will be working on making a disney themed keyholder for inside the door of the trailer. Also need to work on getting the toilet paper holder installed. Today is about 90 with high humidity, and well it is off to work for one last night, then on to the weekend. Also this week, did manage to plan a surprise for the DW while we are at the Fort. Can't tell what it is, as she does read this board on occasion and that would ruin the surprise.
To all, have a Happy 4th of July weekend, above all have a safe weekend, enjoy !!!

Also this week, did manage to plan a surprise for the DW while we are at the Fort. Can't tell what it is, as she does read this board on occasion and that would ruin the surprise.
No fair with the teasers.... Other "Inquiring" minds want to know too! :D

Hope you all have a great holiday as well. :sunny:

Thanks Chris.

Have a great holiday with the vent cover. I'm with you on avoiding the big holidays. I managed a 4 day weekend. I had a day full of meetings on Monday, but they slowly started cancelling or rescheduling. I do have a conference call at 2pm, but I can take that anywhere. And I may have to.

Ian's Miata is slowly rotting itself into the driveway. I have a steering rack coming sometime this weekend since the old one is dumping power steering fluid all over the ground. I told him it was time to start looking for another one. He found a perfect one about an hour from here that we were going to look at tomorrow, but the guy sold it this morning. Now were are probably going to Owensboro, KY tomorrow to look at 2. There is one about 10 minutes from here, but the person won't call us back. Ian already got himself approved for a loan and the additional insurance is MUCH less than we budgeted for, so he will probably have a new Miata by the holiday.

If anyone is interested in a 1994 Miata with 189,000 miles, hail damage, rocker panel rot and a brand new steering rack, let me know. :D

j

Thanks Chris.

Have a great holiday with the vent cover. I'm with you on avoiding the big holidays. I managed a 4 day weekend. I had a day full of meetings on Monday, but they slowly started cancelling or rescheduling. I do have a conference call at 2pm, but I can take that anywhere. And I may have to.

Ian's Miata is slowly rotting itself into the driveway. I have a steering rack coming sometime this weekend since the old one is dumping power steering fluid all over the ground. I told him it was time to start looking for another one. He found a perfect one about an hour from here that we were going to look at tomorrow, but the guy sold it this morning. Now were are probably going to Owensboro, KY tomorrow to look at 2. There is one about 10 minutes from here, but the person won't call us back. Ian already got himself approved for a loan and the additional insurance is MUCH less than we budgeted for, so he will probably have a new Miata by the holiday.

If anyone is interested in a 1994 Miata with 189,000 miles, hail damage, rocker panel rot and a brand new steering rack, let me know. :D

j

Best of luck with the vehicle search and purchase. I know it is not much fun sometimes.

So got the vent cover installed on the trailer today. Was 87 degrees with a humidity of 85 percent. Thunderstorms have moved in so I will be headed out to work on my wooden key holder project.

Well another addition to the trailer checked off my list. Got my magnetic knife holder mounted in the pantry.
20170701_173826.jpeg
Taken from below.

20170701_173833.jpeg
taken from below, just not as extreme an angle.

20170701_173840.jpeg
And from straight on you do not even know they are there.

I love this! I may have to do it in my kitchen at home. Where did you find the knife holder?

We have a restaurant supply place open to the public, but they can also be found on Amazon. I also have one in my home kitchen, mounted under a corner cabinet.
I had added one to our prior TT that was mounted to the side of the fridge, but that was secured to an additional board.

Aren't you worried the knives will fall while traveling? Are the magnets that strong? I like the idea but that would be my fear.

My TT came with a place behind the stove with cut slots that I could slide the knives in to hold them. It's not the greatest but it does do the job. It's basically just a piece of wood (maybe quarter inch) with evenly spaced cut slots from smaller to larger. About 8 slots if I recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter