The non-PTR, Pre Trip Report - How many trips can I get out of this AP looks like 1 more! - Updated 5/9

I love it! And I guess I won’t be upgrading to the AP anymore. The Military salute tickets are a great price and we were only going to save $200 if I got an AP, looks like that savings is gone.

Yeah these increase are getting out of hand, and I usually just sign my paycheck over to Disney!

Totally if you get military tickets that are such a good price! Thanks to your family for your service.

So my daily morning routine when I arrive at work is now.
1- start computer
2- get coffee
3- check for upgraded magic bands (I am going to need to get that belle one someway!)
4- check for yacht club standard room for arrival day
5- review FP plans and ADRs make sure I don’t want to make changes
6- work

I see nothing wrong with this at all! Priorities people!

Today I did help do ADRs for December and it was only somewhat successful.... we will monitor but 12-16 people is a hard task! Still hoping we can join for 2-4 days but it’s looking less likely.

Fingers crossed!

so I could purchase an AP separately. Then I was going to wait and buy my AP this morning, well I am so happy I did it last night... they went up about 220 each! So I saved $600!

Omg thank goodness you did it last night! I can not believe how much they raised the price. I mean I can but still :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

DH said I was so happy last night I should book a Disney vacation everyday..... 🙋‍♀️
sign me up!!!

:rotfl:Challenge accepted!

Omg thank goodness you did it last night! I can not believe how much they raised the price. I mean I can but still :scared1::scared1::scared1::scared1:

I’m really happy I didn’t wait, I would have been way pissed and may have ended up not getting one for DD because hers is already just about break even.

However the more I think about it the more I’m like this is fine, it’s not that insane. We went to fantasy island (on LBI) this weekend, for 2 hours and spent over $100 and I rode 2 rides DH rode 1 the baby nothing and DD1 a bunch, but you pay per ride and they are each $5-6 so if I went with her it’s $10-12 per 30 second (ok 90 seconds but you get the idea) carnival style ride. So if we spend a whole day there it’s pretty much equal to a new priced Disney annual pass. If that’s not Disney math I don’t know what is! :rotfl2:

Last edited:
Woohoo on the saving of the AP...good result! :thumbsup2

Yay on getting the approval to book a Disney trip all the time :laughing:

Think your work colleague will go once or twice and then want to return.

Glad you got your APs before the prices went up!

I had a hard time getting dining reservations for December for just DH and I so you arent alone in that!

Woohoo on the saving of the AP...good result! :thumbsup2

Yay on getting the approval to book a Disney trip all the time :laughing:

Think your work colleague will go once or twice and then want to return.

I mean i am pretty much going to live there now! haha!

We shall see i feel like you either go and love it, or you go and its fine but not for you.

Oh man, by the skin of your teeth! Glad you got the lower price.

Legit! I got so lucky on this one!

Glad you got your APs before the prices went up!

I had a hard time getting dining reservations for December for just DH and I so you arent alone in that!

So lucky on the AP!

Yeah December seemed hard i wonder why! But then i see people post like 3 weeks before there trip they are dropping 5-10 BOG reservations and I'm like well there you go.... I get it hold 1 or 2 extras but 3 in a day every day for a week UGH!! Sorry i shouldn't judge Disney created this monster... but it drives me batty!

Last edited:

Yeah December seemed hard i wonder why! But then i see people post like 3 weeks before there trip they are dropping 5-10 BOG reservations and I'm like well there you go.... I get it hold 1 or 2 extras but 3 in a day every day for a week ***! Sorry i shouldn't judge Disney created this monster... but it drives me batty!

Haha I get it! Its one of those things that we use to our advantage but then when we know why we can't get something it is so frustrating!

Wow, you were really smart to get the APs!!! I don't think anyone saw that price increase coming. And kudos on "turning" the hubby to the Disney side. That is certainly a feat.

Haha I get it! Its one of those things that we use to our advantage but then when we know why we can't get something it is so frustrating!

Exactly, but i really try not to hold THAT many, maybe 1 or 2 extra not 5 of the same restaurant on the same day! That is just crazy!

Wow, you were really smart to get the APs!!! I don't think anyone saw that price increase coming. And kudos on "turning" the hubby to the Disney side. That is certainly a feat.

I have no idea how i got so lucky, but i am so happy i did! Yeah DH has no idea what he got him self into with that comment! :rotfl2:

Well i finally had Magic Band Success the last two days.

DD1 told me she would take a Minnie Mouse Magic band if i couldn't get Belle. Since i have split stay for august i figured if i got Minnie i could keep trying for Belle on the 2nd reservation.

Yesterday i was able to get Minnie on the first reservation! Then today by some luck i was able to get Belle on the 2nd reservation!

I got my self a Minnie and Flynn Rider, i just plan on staring at the Magic Band when ever i am sad... it is not strange i have a crush with a cartoon right? if so just move along.

Here is to hoping i get what i ordered, i saw some people have had issues! Tomorrow is FP day so stay tuned for that!

I have had zero luck adjusting the first night, so we will probably stick with All Star now that the magic bands are ordered.... unless i find exactly what i want..

Last edited:
Glad you got the magic bands and of course it’s not strange to have a crush on a cartoon character.

Good luck with the FPs :wizard:

Smart decision on the magic bands. I stalked them a few times yesterday but could never get the one Casey wanted (either snacks or dole whip, girl after my own heart). I should have just gotten something else instead and now they are basically down to almost nothing again. Sigh...

Good to hear the bands are back in stock for you guys. Good luck with FPs!

Thank you! FP were ok....

Glad you got the magic bands and of course it’s not strange to have a crush on a cartoon character.

Good luck with the FPs :wizard:

Thank you! FP Result are ok...

Smart decision on the magic bands. I stalked them a few times yesterday but could never get the one Casey wanted (either snacks or dole whip, girl after my own heart). I should have just gotten something else instead and now they are basically down to almost nothing again. Sigh...
UGH keep checking, honestly it was so annoying, once i got what Dillon wanted i just said forget it i will take whatever there is! I wanted the snack one but that wasnt happening so i moved on..... BLAH

FP Results!

So I have mixed to good results on FP. I got FoP on my 2nd most ideal day and time, its our water park day, so i got a latish FP around 6, figuring we can go to the hotel shower change head to AK for dinner and the FP. Then either call it an early night or stick around for rivers of light. But with no other park plans that day it was the best option.

MY plan is to usually do Epcot most days for dinner which means we are really lacking FP there. Hoping i can pick some up day of some days, and if not we will just make do. I think since we have an adults only trip later in the year I’m not to worried, it will be fine to just make up for lost time then. I do know we want to try and meet Ralph and Vanellope, and the inside out ladies, but neither have FP anyway!

We didn't get SDD FP, but we have early morning magic booked so hoping to get on it once or twice then! If i thought DD would stay up i would book after hours, which i guess is still an option if she is showing up she is changing her habits come trip time.

I still am not 100% sure i love all my plans, but in typical fashion i will plan and analyse and end up changing everything the day before anyway!

Last edited:
I find that EPCOT is pretty easy to get 4th and 5th FPs at, especially for Soarin and the 2nd tiers so I'm sure you'll be fine!!

And at least you have EMM booked, it seems like SO many people have said there's been a lack of availability for SDD this week. I wonder why that is!!

I find that EPCOT is pretty easy to get 4th and 5th FPs at, especially for Soarin and the 2nd tiers so I'm sure you'll be fine!!

And at least you have EMM booked, it seems like SO many people have said there's been a lack of availability for SDD this week. I wonder why that is!!

And so it seems I have DH like 100% on the Disney bandwagon, he was all we should go to fireworks on arrival night, so we should move hotels so we can walk to Epcot.... So i grabbed some FP for that day for the Frozen ride. I think overall we will be fine... now just for the count down!

Woo for finally getting the magicbands! I feel like no one can get SDD fastpasses these days- I don't get it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter