The next in airline travel

manning

Just for that I have requested it
4B3DFEEE00000578-0-image-a-29_1523966401557.jpg

The concept itself has been around for a while. I think from what I was reading last weekend or earlier last week was the bar going from floor to ceiling was newer thoughtprocess (I could have been reading that wrong).

I don't see any link and I've not heard about this before. Can somebody explain what's even going on with those seats and how they're supposed to work?

I don't see any link and I've not heard about this before. Can somebody explain what's even going on with those seats and how they're supposed to work?
https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/standing-up-airplane-seat/index.html is the article I was reading (looks like it was from April 16th).

The original design of the above was back in 2010 but was not approved by the FAA. The actual concept for seats like that however have been around for longer than that (the article says for nearly 20 years).

From the article: "The design of this seat enables to increase the passenger number by 20% allowing increasing profits for airline companies," "Furthermore, Sky Rider 2.0 weighs 50% less than standard economy class seats and the reduced number of components enable minimum maintenance costs." "The revised seats have extra padding, as well as poles to connect each row from the ceiling to the cabin floor."

It is however said by the designers that you would be able to stretch your legs more than traditional seats..moresoe because you're basically standing or nearly standing lol.

Various "stand up" seating prototypes have been proposed over the years. I doubt any will ever come to fruition.

Like a standup roller coaster. Not sure where the restraints are though

It was suppose to kind of be like a saddle look and make everyone closer and put more on a flight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!