The Next 1,000 Shows - What Would You Like To See?

I know right? I do this group chat thing on Saturdays and it shows all the members live pictures. I hate seeing myself. If we go to a chat and can see each other it means no more wearing my PJs while watching the DIS. I'll even have to take a shower before the show. Lol. On the plus side Llama, we would have been able to see your tux that you wore for the 1000th episode.

I won't lie....I looked stunning.

I guess this would be looking back but I really want the Prizematron back. It sounds like it was a blast. I love what the team is doing!!
I don't think "looking back" is necessarily a bad thing, although some tend to think that. I love the show as it is today but I also think some of the stuff they used to do was great and would still be great if they started doing it again. Everything doesn't always have to be new and different, and they could always put some new and different twist on an old idea to revitalize it.

I would love to see Connecting with Walt on YouTube. Not sure if this is doable with Craig’s and Michael’s busy schedule but if they did this as the same format as the new Disneyland show I think it could work.

I would also love to see a debate show. For example one person like Pete could throw out a topic like, Is Pixar Pier a good idea? Or Does Pandora fit into Animal Kingdom etc and then the two different sides debate. You can do one show a week or one show a month and it could be really fun. I got this idea by watching rob plays and definctland do there Disney debates and there really fun to watch and sometimes get heated.

I'll echo what some mentioned about filling he gap The Trip left. I don't think it needs to be a weekly show but segments from time to time.

I think having guests in to plan trips is a good idea. It might not be easy in the current studio but if they do move to a purpose-built facility they would have room for different types of families (single parent, trip including grandparents, solo, adult only, mom/dad/kids, etc).

A longer form video covering a listener's trip might be fun. Do a contest to give away a trip to a first timer and document their trip like a mini-documentary.

Beyond that I'm more interested to see where technology goes and how they leverage that technology.

I love the idea of more coverage of Water Parks and Disney Springs.

I would also like to see more Universal coverage as it is going to become even more prominent in the years to come. Especially a revisit to Volcano Bay to see how it is holding up after being open for over a year.

I hope Craig or Steve start to have families so that we get more of a family / kid perspective on the Dis shows over the next decade...lol!

Regarding the cast - as much as I enjoy and appreciate the cast now, for myself, I think the Golden Age of the DisBoards shows was when Dustin, JeniLynn and then Oliver were a part of the cast. IMO, they lost chemistry that was not replaced after they left. It is my hope that future cast members bring a different perspective, diversity and chemistry then what we have now on the shows.

Guests - one of the best shows they have had in a while is when they interviewed Len Testa from Touringplans. I would really enjoy seeing the cast interview and interact with other Disney or internet personalities (imagine Tracker Tim on the Universal Show or AJ from the Disney Food Blog guesting on the Dining Show).

A similar The Trip show. I see a lot of value in having shows that highlight things around WDW. A lot of people do not stay within the Disney bubble their whole trip and having awareness of other things in that part of Orlando would be really interesting.

Finally, a show that covers Disney media more prominently. I loved DisPop and wish they would evolve it into something more regular. Especially with the advent of a Disney streaming service next year there is going to be a lot more content to explore.

Cheers to another successful decade of the Dis Empire!

I have watched almost from the beginning. I too liked the trip. I also really like the perspective of the ladies on the show. I loved the episode on the Dreams show where Kathy took a grandchild to Legoland. I really liked that. I also know that the ladies are also travel agents and mothers. What about Leah, Jackie, or using one of the ladies that provide articles or other content. Or the females from the Disneyland show? I like the perspective the ladies bring about appropriativeness for children and Corey statements about When he loves something that would work or not work with his children.

I love the new Disneyland show format. What about having Disneyland team members join the Disneyworld show via Skype?

Oh dear god.
Heard your prayer and believe this could be fun.
Someone sets up a forum topic "Have you ever taken an oath to NEVER set foot on WDW property again?" And then explain why.
Based on the endless replies, only the polled winners would be selected to tell their stories in a chat board reply way. The Dis board could read
the best chat replies, which could lead to a lively discussion and other off topic chuckles.

The winners each receive a Duffy Bear.
For some the beloved icon of Mickey's endless bedtime story loop on resort tv.
For those fuming in the NEVER again zone, Duffy is the last scene from Steven Spielberg's Poltergeist.

I'd love to see a quarterly or bi-annual Lunch with a Dis Member. Similar to Lunch with an Imagineer. It could be an episode where a different Dis Team Member could talk about how they got involved with Dis, more in depth information about their roles ( it would also be a good way to 'meet' some of those who work behind the scenes ) and it would afford everyone an opportunity to share best practices and ask questions.

I used to own and run a group of fansites that had podcasts, news, reporting, live shows, but not a travel agency! Here are some ideas I emailed in to the guys after the show.

So here are a few things I would love to see you guys do.

1. Your production values are pretty good, so I don't have any comments on that other than be bigger and bolder! A new studio space would allow even more creativity. Increased production values would bring your show into a new stratosphere. I would love to see some wider angled shots for the show.
  2. Live Streaming. Whether it's on platforms like Twitch, Youtube or Facebook, there are plenty of people streaming their lives online constantly. You mentioned that you ask people to visit the parks once a week just as part of their job. For those that are comfortable with that, live streaming via their phone might be something that people would really like watching. This way you'll be producing Disney content for extended periods of time all day. It just creates another platform to promote your brand, your business and potentially add another revenue stream if you're inclined to monetize that.
  3. More content and shows are always things you should be doing. Your best and worst series is great, especially at 5-15 minute shows. Great for short podcasts and your Youtube channel. I would say hire/get more writers to come up with topics to get all your on-air personalities to discuss. If you can get people to come up with 20-30 ideas, you could bang out a ton of content in a day or two.
  4. I would cross pollenate your forums with the show even more. Whether it's a segment of the Dis or it's own show, I would really try to engage the community you have there more with a show. A Community Spotlight show. You already to this from time to time on different shows, but I would think expanding on that would be something that would help build the great community you already have into something greater. It's also free content. Hell you could produce a show just from what rteetz posts on a daily basis!
  5. A Family Focused Show: I think you are lacking a family focused on-air personality or show/content creator. I think the audience of people out there that are looking at tips for how to plan with kids, what stroller to use, what parks are best, when do you take a rest, where do you take a rest, how do you travel with 3 kids? I know there are some exceptions to your cast but for the most part the majority of the opinions I hear are coming from younger single/couples and older local veterans without kids of their own. I think it's a perspective, given it's own space, would bring alot to your brand.
Just a few ideas, there are tons more I've got up in my head. I do a lot of driving so plenty of time to think while I listen. The dis has an amazing community and I think it could be bigger and better.

1. I would cross pollenate your forums with the show even more. Whether it's a segment of the Dis or it's own show, I would really try to engage the community you have there more with a show. A Community Spotlight show. You already to this from time to time on different shows, but I would think expanding on that would be something that would help build the great community you already have into something greater. It's also free content. Hell you could produce a show just from what rteetz posts on a daily basis!
  2. A Family Focused Show: I think you are lacking a family focused on-air personality or show/content creator. I think the audience of people out there that are looking at tips for how to plan with kids, what stroller to use, what parks are best, when do you take a rest, where do you take a rest, how do you travel with 3 kids? I know there are some exceptions to your cast but for the most part the majority of the opinions I hear are coming from younger single/couples and older local veterans without kids of their own. I think it's a perspective, given it's own space, would bring alot to your brand.

These 2 are great ideas.

As for the first one above, I've always felt the boards should have a greater presence/influence/mention (however you want to say it) on the show. I know they tried a couple of years ago with Jackie's segments...which didn't work out to well (for several reasons). I hope that doesn't discourage any other efforts to integrate the boards more into the show (or even better, as you suggested, its own show) You're 1000% right, most of the the things that are discussed on the Rumors & News forum - led by rteetz - could make for great shows.

The second, I also like. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned something along the lines of "old-school trip planning" which I liked. I think these kind of go together.

My ultimate thought is, I'd like to see the show become more "interactive" in some way. And that doesn't necessarily mean only in real-time. One simple way was already mentioned - email/tweet/FB Q&A shows.

Don't know if it's been said yet or not, but I don't think they will ever to get to 2,000 unless there are more shows in addition to the regular Tuesday show. They got to 1,000 because of the extra shows in the past like the second hour on Tuesdays, Free form Fridays, etc.

Last edited:
Doing live shows is easier than ever now with available online platforms but it still comes down to content and on air talent.

******* servers are one example of great community tools.

You could do a daily show at night easily enough driven JUST by the daily discussion on these forums. The issue is who does it? So you pay someone? Does the cost justify additional traffic, brand awareness, and other revenue streams?

If you want to do it over a long term it can not be done by a volunteer. It's just too much work and it'll last just a month or so before burnout. It's a job, the right person could probably produce something in an hour or two for a 30m show 4 or 5 times a week. They can probably due it at night for a next day release.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter