The new WW plan

ski_mom

DIS Veteran
Hi,
sorry if this has been posted already, I looked and didn't see anything on it...

I'm thinking of (re)joining WW. I haven't been for about 6 year or so (I think) and I've got to do something. I'm debating between WW and just tracking on MFP on my own, but I think I need the accountability of weekly weigh-ins for some reason.

Anyway, I liked the old program I was on and I was just wanting some feedback on the new program before I make my final decision.

Any and all input is welcome.

Thanks!

The points for most things I eat have gotten higher. A few things, like chicken and fish have gone down slightly. Cheese doubled in points. Carbs went up too.. a bagel used to be 9 points, now it's 12. It really tries to push you into avoiding certain foods by making the points for them high. I suppose it's a good thing. I haven't been tracking all that much since the change went through, and I need to.

Disclaimer: I'm a WW leader, so I may have some bias ;)

I was reluctant to learn ANOTHER new program.... I was happy to be on a program that I had memorized. But obviously as a WW employee I had no choice. I really LIKE the new program.... it kind of "forces" me to eat more protein (something I struggle with) and discourages me from eating the less healthy packaged sweet treats. Sure, I can still have some yummy sweet stuff when I want it (that's the WONDERFULNESS of WW.... nothing is off limits), but I am "rewarded" for making healthier choices.

I have a member who is kind of a "negative Nelly" at times and I was concerned about what she would have to say about the new program....and she LOVED it! Most of my members who got RIGHT into the new program when it was released really like it. They like EVERYTHING about it.... not just the new SmartPoints, but the more holistic Beyond The Scale approach.

Give it a try.... you've got nothing to lose except the weight, right? Find a local meeting that you really like (the leader, the members, etc) and enjoy.........P

I joined this past January and I was a little worried about the new plan because I was told by others that they felt it was more restrictive. But, I am really liking it! I am still eating bread and English muffins, 2 foods I LOVE. You just have to find ones with low points. It helps that lean meat are low points and fruits and veggies are 0 points. I have never been a big meat eater, but I'm eating more now and I'm staying full longer.

I like that the approach seems to be more about eating healthy than losing weight. I did WW years ago and looking back I see that I wasn't as healthy as I could've been. Even though I lost 75 pounds, I didn't always make healthy food choices. I thought as long as I stay within my daily points range, I was fine. I kind of "worked the system" to lose weight, but not be healthy overall.

The other thing I like is the Beyond the Scale approach. It's not just about losing weight. It's about feeling healthy in our mind, body and spirit. The meetings have been less about weight loss and more about the mental and emotional obstacles that cause us to overeat or give up. The old programs kind of addressed those things, but not as in depth as they're doing now. For many people, overcoming the mental obstacles is the key to keeping the weight off and I like that WW is finally making that a major focus.

Eating better and cutting out some things I like has been easier than I thought it would be. However, the past couple weeks have been tougher since we have Girl Scout cookies in the house.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter