The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
timandlesley I noticed we will be there during the same time!

I need to remember to right down the boat information so I can plan our mode of transportation. Other than that, we have our ADR's and park days planned!

Oh, another question I had (that I think got lost in the shuffle) is about shipping a box down ahead of time. Should I be worried at all about it getting lost while it waits on us to check in? We are just shipping down items like snacks, ponchos, a few toiletries we do not want to fly with, ect.

I know this is subjective based on how busy it is, but since they've started doing the MK-WL only boat, what has been your experience with waiting for a return boat to WL at the end of the night? (Long lines/waits?)

We only did this one night after Wishes and while the line seemed fairly long, I don't remember waiting all that long. There was another line just as long as ours heading to Ft. Wilderness so I can imagine the wait would be a lot longer if they were going to both places.

Oops, one more question -- if I need to get to dinner at the Poly, which is the better/faster/easier route: boat to CR, mono to Poly or boat/bus to MK and mono to Poly?

I can't say for sure. The night we went we took the boat to MK and then the monorail. It seems like the walk to the monorail from the MK boat dock was shorter, but then obviously you have to stop at CR anyway once you are on the monorail. I also can't remember if the CR boat always went from WL to FW and then CR. We only went from WL to CR once on our trip.

The bus then the monorail would probably always be faster than either boat, but we enjoyed the boat rides.

timandlesley I noticed we will be there during the same time!

I need to remember to right down the boat information so I can plan our mode of transportation. Other than that, we have our ADR's and park days planned!

Oh, another question I had (that I think got lost in the shuffle) is about shipping a box down ahead of time. Should I be worried at all about it getting lost while it waits on us to check in? We are just shipping down items like snacks, ponchos, a few toiletries we do not want to fly with, ect.
Well we may just bump into one another then :goodvibes We had a box shipped last year from Costco and in the extra address line we wrote "hold for check in on 6/4/08" I would do that and it should be fine. Make sure the name on the reservation in the name on the package.
Lesley

How do you get to Epcot from WL and is it a pretty quick trip?
You'll catch the bus. We were there 1/16-1/21 & caught one of the first busses. It went to Fort Wilderness before going to EPCOT & the ride was right at 20 minutes total. Don't know if this is the normal bus route or if they just do this on the early runs. Strangely, noone got on at FW. On the way back from EPCOT the bus stopped at WL first, so it was a little shorter.

Does anyone know if I can get connecting bunkbed rooms?

We had a bunkbed room with a connecting door. I don't know if the room on the other side had bunkbeds or not, but it might have.

We took the bus to Epcot and it stopped at FW first and there were 3 people on scooters there so the trip took 30 minutes total. We had a car and drove the next time we went and it was quicker!

Oops, one more question -- if I need to get to dinner at the Poly, which is the better/faster/easier route: boat to CR, mono to Poly or boat/bus to MK and mono to Poly?

I think the fastest would be boat to MK to monorail, depending on the time of day of course. I think the boats via CR stop at Ft Wilderness first.

One thing to consider is the weather. We had dinner ressies at CR last summer when one of Florida's infamous thunderstorms rolled in. The boats stopped and it just kept pouring so we eventually just grabbed a cab from the WL. We split it with another couple and they ended up paying (I think it was only $4) so it cost us nothing and we got there in about 2 minutes!

I know this is subjective based on how busy it is, but since they've started doing the MK-WL only boat, what has been your experience with waiting for a return boat to WL at the end of the night? (Long lines/waits?)

We only took the boat at the end of the night once. We did a little shopping so we delayed leaving by about 30 minutes and when we finally got to the dock we waited for maybe 10 minutes and got on the boat with no problems. There was another boat right after ours too, so everyone was able to get on.

As for dinner at the Poly, we took the boat to MK then took the monorail when we ate at Kona and it was fairly seemless. We got there in about 30 minutes. As the PP said, the fastest way would be, of course, to take a cab.

Thanks everyone! I appreciate the first hand experience info :)

We will actually have a car and could drive to CR, but there's something so fun about boats and monorails that I wanted to make it part of the experience.

Hi! I've read through some of this thread but had to give up. Too much good info.

I am booking the WL for a week in October. If I book a standard, what area should I request for a room? Basically I don't mind the parking lot too much. I just don't want to look at the roof or a storage shed.

Thanks for your help!

Anne

When I booked WL Feb 9-14th 2008 My son was in a crib, he is now in a "big boy bed"...Its just hubby me and him. My original request from travel agent was King/with crib...Should I call and have this changed? I am thinking 2 queens would suit us better at this point with rail guard. We booked standard view and I'm wondering, besides should we call to change this Are there king standards?

If yes, How do I go about this? Call my travel agent? 8 days to go!!!:cool1:

You'll catch the bus. We were there 1/16-1/21 & caught one of the first busses. It went to Fort Wilderness before going to EPCOT & the ride was right at 20 minutes total. Don't know if this is the normal bus route or if they just do this on the early runs. Strangely, noone got on at FW. On the way back from EPCOT the bus stopped at WL first, so it was a little shorter.

This was my experience the first time I stayed at WL as well.

When I booked WL Feb 9-14th 2008 My son was in a crib, he is now in a "big boy bed"...Its just hubby me and him. My original request from travel agent was King/with crib...Should I call and have this changed? I am thinking 2 queens would suit us better at this point with rail guard. We booked standard view and I'm wondering, besides should we call to change this Are there king standards?

If yes, How do I go about this? Call my travel agent? 8 days to go!!!:cool1:

Yes they do have standards with a king bed. It is my understanding that these are the handicap accessible rooms. Most rooms, in general have 2 Queen beds.

I would just call your agent with the new request and he/she can call Disney to have it noted on your reservation.

What a beautiful resort. Thanks for all the great info. We'll check it out on our next trip!

Does anyone know if I can get connecting bunkbed rooms?

Yes it is possible -re: connecting rooms - but no guarantee.

If you want a more Disney route between WL and Epcot:
take the boat to MK or CR. Take monorail to TTC. Change monorails to the Epcot one. Maybe a bit more transit but makes for a bit more disney magic than simply a bus. Of course, we are usually there during the slow season.

Hi! I've read through some of this thread but had to give up. Too much good info.

I am booking the WL for a week in October. If I book a standard, what area should I request for a room? Basically I don't mind the parking lot too much. I just don't want to look at the roof or a storage shed.

Thanks for your help!

Anne

My advice is to request a fourth-floor "lobby room." These rooms look out over roof peaks. All of the other standard rooms overlook the service area, with truck deliveries and such. You may pick up a little noise in a lobby room, but I would choose that over the service area. I don't think any standard rooms look out over the actual parking lot; it's either the roof or the service area.

I booked a WL week (8 nights) in a deluxe suite that apparently also gets club level access. However, even thought I booked it four weeks ago, I still haven't received an email from Disney concierge. Is this normal? Does anyone have the concierge email address? In case anyone's wondering, they *definitely* have my correct email, so I know that's not the problem...

Thanks! :)

Safetymom

Thanks for the information I will start working on the new Wilderness Lodge Thread asap.

Note to all posters if you see the new thread pop up please give us enough time to transfer all the great information to the first few post so the information we have collected isn't lost.

Thank You
Beckie

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter